Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NON-STOP DAY  (Read 21857 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE NON-STOP DAY
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »

PAGE 3
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2006, 01:19:47 PM »

Any bets on whether he will win?

I don't think he'll win, but I'd have to look at the list of nominees before I'd commit to a guess/prediction.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »

I remember there was a real shock throughout the movie world when Bonnie Bedelia wasn't Oscar-nominated for HEART LIKE A WHEEL. She did win some other Best Actress awards that year, I believe.

Parts of this movie was filmed in or near Olympia, Washington!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »

Isn't it ironic that Frank Sinatra wanted Lucille Ball for Mrs. Isler in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, but John Frankenheimer got his way and cast Angela. 12 years later, Lucy got the part that Angela deserved to play. (Of course, Angela deserved Mrs. Isler, too.)

I always wondered if that was the real reason that Lucy fought so hard to be in Mame...to get back at Angela. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2006, 02:02:16 PM »

I always wondered if that was the real reason that Lucy fought so hard to be in Mame...to get back at Angela. ::)

I wish someone had thought to ask Miss Ball about it before she died. But then, I'm not sure it was common knowledge back then that Lucy had Frank's blessing for Mrs. Isler. Angela claimed that she hadn't heard it at the time, so I wonder if Lucy did or if this was just behind-the-scenes talk.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »

Here's the guest actor Emmy nominees up for this year's award:

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA

Michael J. Fox, "Boston Legal," ABC, David E. Kelley Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television Studios

Christian Clemenson, "Boston Legal," ABC, David E. Kelley Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television Studios

James Woods, "ER," NBC, Constant c Productions, Amblin Television in association with Warner Bros. Television

Kyle Chandler, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC, Touchstone Television

Henry Ian Cusick, "Lost," ABC, Grass Skirt Productions, LLC in association with Touchstone Television

If I had to guess, I'd say it would go to James Woods. ER has provided quite a few Emmys for guest stars over the past few years including wins for Sally Field and Ray Liotta most recently. From everything I read about it, his work in that nominated episode was pretty spectacular.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

Now, I'm off to clean the den and then continue the Kate Hepburn bio which is nearing its climax with her work in the remake of LOVE AFFAIR.

Danise

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »

Fondest Greetings all!

It is also very hot in Florida and remember we have no AC.  We seem to get along ok with just fans.  I have two that put on at night, one on the right side and one on the left.

We seem to be having a run on earaches in our house.  First my left ear then my right and now both.  And poor Bear has one as well.  The poor baby cries when you try to touch his left ear.

I took him to the vet for some ear drops and pain meds.  

You know I say that and still am sitting here in shock when I read that 50,000 dogs were beaten to death in China this past weekend.   I was in tears when it that it was because of 3 people getting rabies.  Couldn't the govenment stepped in and given them the shots rather then that horrible, horrible death.   :'(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2006, 02:13:43 PM »

DR Elmore, I hope all will go well with your dad and he will rally.  I heard about DR Dakota's dad as well and want you to know I'm sending vibes your way as well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »

Does the AOL thing mean that anyone who has cable can sign up for AOL for free or do you have to already be a customer?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »

Vibes for VixMom's Mom as well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »

Here's the guest actor Emmy nominees up for this year's award:

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA

Michael J. Fox, "Boston Legal," ABC, David E. Kelley Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television Studios

Christian Clemenson, "Boston Legal," ABC, David E. Kelley Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television Studios

James Woods, "ER," NBC, Constant c Productions, Amblin Television in association with Warner Bros. Television

Kyle Chandler, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC, Touchstone Television

Henry Ian Cusick, "Lost," ABC, Grass Skirt Productions, LLC in association with Touchstone Television

If I had to guess, I'd say it would go to James Woods. ER has provided quite a few Emmys for guest stars over the past few years including wins for Sally Field and Ray Liotta most recently. From everything I read about it, his work in that nominated episode was pretty spectacular.

Who is Kyle Chandler? Was he the actor who was on Early Edition and guest starred as the bomb squad guy?  If so I vote for him.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »

Boy is it hot.  Today was my day off but it's been rather busy.  I started off with a  morning interview with an aids service organization in Harlem.  It went really well and I've been asked back for a second interview next week to meet the team.

After the interview I rushed home to change into clothing more appropriate for the 100 degree weather and then made my way over to Queens where I had lunch with Rodzinski and his co-workers.  Apparently their office is still running on a generator for some of their power.  After lunch I ran a few errands and now I'm home in front of a fan.

Soon I will complete a practice test for the LMSW exam and then tonight it's SYTYCD and Project Runway!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »

When we travel we often photograph special dogs.  This one in Alaska was personality plus!  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »

I have a rather gross question for the DRs:  Lady Macbeth was just over, claiming that a terrible rash she's been treated for was radiation burn caused by my father, after chemo, throwing up on her.  I think it's one more  of her overexaggerations, most likely aimed at claiming more of my father's estate for damages incurred.  Anyone have any good medical opinion?

Elmore-not that I know of.  I did a quick search & didn’t find anything.  I suggest you ask at the hospital, maybe in the chemo department.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2006, 02:48:58 PM »

Hmmm, Elmore.... Radiation burns caused by chemo?  Have you laughed in her face yet?  Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are two different treatment types.

Sounds to me like she didn't bother to wash off the barf in a timely manner, like a sane person would.  Even then, I doubt the barf would cause a rash.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2006, 02:52:32 PM »

My father has sent me a three-part e-mail about the trip he and his lovely wife (and I do mean that about my step-mom) took to Oregon.  One thing that surprised him, and me, is that Oregon has no sales-tax!  I didn't know that.

Delaware doesn't, either.

Michael, don't you go into sticker shock when you travel?  I sure do!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »

Jane: Was that dog wearing a mask?  He looks like a doggy Zorro!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2006, 03:10:40 PM »

Back from the non-stop day, which, thus far, has been non-stop and I do mean non-stop.  Jogged, then rehearsed with Miss Linda Purl, then met with the set designer for the Brain, then met with the cabaret tech folks and went over Kevin's show (since we have a lighting script, it's much easier - Linda has one, too).  Then I came home, but had to go to the post office and ship a package.  Now I need to answer eighteen e-mails and deal with other stuff.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Early Evening!

Well... It's still hot out there...

So, to pass the time this afternoon, I watched some TV, took care of some e-mails, chatted with some friends, and then took a nap.  The nap was semi-impromptu.  As I was going through my "before I head down to DC tonight list", I "realized" that it would be easier for me just to wake up "early"(!) and drive down to DC in the morning.  I can get things packed up and boxed between now and when I head to bed, then just put it all in the car, and head down.  Probably around 4:00, 4:30.  My meeting tomorrow is at 11:00, so that will give me time to catch my breath and freshen up.  And freshen up my breath too.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »

Who is Kyle Chandler? Was he the actor who was on Early Edition and guest starred as the bomb squad guy?  If so I vote for him.

Who is Kyle Chandler!! Who is Kyle Chandler!! TPUnk...I must educate you! But then perhaps the seriesHOMEFRONT was a bit before your time...however Kyle also starred in that other fantastic  series EARLY EDITION that was on a few years ago...I really liked both of those shows!

I think Kyle deserves to win.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

I must say, we're getting off to a rather slow August start here at haineshisway.com.  I cannot imagine that this will not result in a bitch-slapping or three.  Hence, I'd say we need a frenzy or three - who ARE the missing culprits, by the way (BTW, in Internet lingo)?  I want names.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »

Yes, no sales tax in Oregon!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »

Who is Kyle Chandler!! Who is Kyle Chandler!! TPUnk...I must educate you! But then perhaps the seriesHOMEFRONT was a bit before your time...however Kyle also starred in that other fantastic  series EARLY EDITION that was on a few years ago...I really liked both of those shows!

I think Kyle deserves to win.

Mr Chandler was also in the KING KONG remake, I believe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2006, 03:58:58 PM »

Well I'm here. I just got home after a long, and I mean very long day.  I hate it when I have to write a motion and brief and don't really have anything solid and convincing to say. Sometimes I can come up with something creative, today the old brain just didn't want to cooperate. So it was a very slow process, but deadlines are deadlines, so it's done and filed

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »

One more day and I'm off to the lake, well the lake and my home town which is 15 miles away. I'm really looking forward to seeing both my friend Steve and my nephew.  I'm also very tired. I can't wait to sleep in. Then of course there is the Corn Days parade, lol.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

Oh wow, looks like there was lots of storm damage near here last night, I was too tired to get up. Glad it didn't hit here

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2006, 04:05:46 PM »

The cats have been alone together upstairs for about an hour...it's very quiet, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »

Well, all I've had to eat today is a bowl of chili. I'm hungry. Think I'll try to find something to eat.  Oh! The cats just joined me, they both still have all their parts in the places where their parts should be

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »

BK, is your sound man still in one piece?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up