Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOW-CAN-IT-BE-FRIDAY-WHEN-IT-REALLY-WAS-JUST-MONDAY GREENS  (Read 21043 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE HOW-CAN-IT-BE-FRIDAY-WHEN-IT-REALLY-WAS-JUST-MONDAY GREENS
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 09:49:17 AM »

Does anyone else find SEUSSICAL terribly mundane and lacking in imagination?

I do

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »

DR JRand, when DH Richard and I saw an excerpt, at an arts showcase, from a local company's upcoming production, we decided we'd seen enough and didn't need to buy tickets for the whole thing.

LOL.....I am with ya!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:28 AM »

I do

Maybe if I were a PARENT, or had the books when I was a kid, I would like it more.  8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 10:55:49 AM »

Back from errands and Xeroxing and jogging.  There are times when I'd like to Xerox the jog.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »

Xeroxing The Jog.....replaced Balling the Jack for a time in the 1950's.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

But my sis said that julie chen mentioned that whoever won the coup d'etat could use it in the next 3 weeks. So janelle could still win and use it next week.I

I understood her to say that it would be available the rest of the game...i.e., if it's used next week, it will be made available again for the next.

But I've misheard things before....

Sorry, Cillaliz, that Janelle irks you this time around.

I think she's getting a bad rap from the other houseguests, including the seriously nasty Marcellas and the vile James.

They love to claim she's going after the women because she can't stand the competition.  In truth, Danielle started off trying to evict Janelle the very first week and enlisted the help of Alison...which is why they were both nominated.  Diane was also heard to say she was out to evict Janelle, as well.

It's only wrong when "she" nominates.  Notice that "they" came down on BB6 for not nominating ChillTown, but did Danielle nominate ChillTown?  No.  

Danielle claimed her nominating Kaysar to replace Janelle this past week was simply a matter of "numbers."   Hmmmm.  There were 10 players in the house...6 of whom were allied against 4.  Oh...yes...the majority is VERY worried about the BB6 4.  Make that 3 now that Kaysar is free.

Erika has a "secret alliance" with Mike Boogie (pre-game).
James had a pre-game alliance with Boogie.  He formed a week one alliance with Danielle.  And he pretended to be allied with BB6 players but sold them out from week one by reporting their strategies to ChillTown and Danielle.

James is the player I most want  to see get caught and disposed of.

Janelle's playing to save her butt, and to her credit, she's VERY suspicious of James.  

I can't wait for ChillTown to turn on James.  It's coming.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:09:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »

I think all the Project Wunway contestants and all the Big Brother Contestants should have to be on a couple of weeks of So You Think You Can Dance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006, 11:34:49 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the DGA and then to the home of David Wechter.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »

MR BK is busy, too.

August is a busy month, what with all the Astrological Activity.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »

BIG BROTHER SPOILERS.

re: janelle

Please don't say that's true.  I really can't stand her this time

Did you like her a lot last time?  I'm trying to figure out if she is still as popular as she was last year. I know she was my favorite both seasons.

One reason i wonder is because of America's Choice (prom queen or king). You can vote online for all other prom categories. But you must text for queen or king. The winner will have an advantage at the next hoh. Although i wonder what happens if janelle wins (and cannot compete for hoh).

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »

Re: big brother and the coup d'etat.

I understood her to say that it would be available the rest of the game...i.e., if it's used next week, it will be made available again for the next.

But I've misheard things before....

This is what it said on canoe/Jam:

"At the end of the show, Chen revealed what the much talked about coup d'état twist was all about. The producers will give the HouseGuests clues in the 'Big Brother' house to a phrase used in the game. When one of the HouseGuests thinks he or she has the correct answer, they can go to the Diary Room. The players only have one chance to state the right answer. "Big Brother" won't reveal who the winner is until next Thursday's episode and the power will only exist through the next three evictions. The winner of the coup d'état can elect to overthrow the current Head of Household and make new nominations on the spot. The first clue was a female sheep let loose in the 'Big Brother' house."

This sounds like what i said. Only one coup d'etat winner, and power can be used only in the next 3 weeks. I think this would make more sense then having a coup d'etat winner this week and another next week. That wouldn't be fair.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 01:05:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure I'm either opening the Menkin/Ahrens "A Christmas Carol" on Dec 8 (or maybe Dec 1) either way, I will miss the West Coast gathering.

TOD:

Computer - Miss Saigon (German Cast)
Car - various Disney Podcasts
DVD - The Heat Is On - the Making of Miss Saigon

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »

Re: janelle on big brother.

I don't know if janelle will wise up and realize what james is up to. I know she voiced concerns wondering to kaysar if he could be trusted. ANd i believe she also said in the diary room that she wondered if james was acting when he was nominated.

But i don't think she believes it. I'm just afraid she will continue to give him all her info.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »

Does anyone else find SEUSSICAL terribly mundane and lacking in imagination?

I love the music, but unless is cleverly directed, it can be mundane and lacking in imaginination.  It is terribly hard to stage well.  I did the vocal direction for the show a few years ago and it's a lot of fun to sing.  But the staging will make or break the show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2006, 01:09:46 PM »

Sorry, Cillaliz, that Janelle irks you this time around.

I think she's getting a bad rap from the other houseguests, including the seriously nasty Marcellas and the vile James.

They love to claim she's going after the women because she can't stand the competition.  In truth, Danielle started off trying to evict Janelle the very first week and enlisted the help of Alison...which is why they were both nominated.  Diane was also heard to say she was out to evict Janelle, as well.

It's only wrong when "she" nominates.  Notice that "they" came down on BB6 for not nominating ChillTown, but did Danielle nominate ChillTown?  No.  

Danielle claimed her nominating Kaysar to replace Janelle this past week was simply a matter of "numbers."   Hmmmm.  There were 10 players in the house...6 of whom were allied against 4.  Oh...yes...the majority is VERY worried about the BB6 4.  Make that 3 now that Kaysar is free.

Erika has a "secret alliance" with Mike Boogie (pre-game).
James had a pre-game alliance with Boogie.  He formed a week one alliance with Danielle.  And he pretended to be allied with BB6 players but sold them out from week one by reporting their strategies to ChillTown and Danielle.

James is the player I most want  to see get caught and disposed of.

Janelle's playing to save her butt, and to her credit, she's VERY suspicious of James.  

I can't wait for ChillTown to turn on James.  It's coming.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying Chilltown.  They have alliances with everyone in the house and no one seem to have figured it out. LOL! Are they being deceitful? - Yes. Are they coniving? - yes. Are they pulling the wool over the eyes of the whole house? - yes. Do I find it extremely entertaining?  Most definitely.

Janelle is just irritating me this time.

Truth be known.....I'm cheering for Chicken George to slide right under the radar and win himself a chunk of change

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2006, 01:12:05 PM »

Cluck-cluck-cluck!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »

BIG BROTHER SPOILERS.

re: janelleDid you like her a lot last time?  I'm trying to figure out if she is still as popular as she was last year. I know she was my favorite both seasons.

One reason i wonder is because of America's Choice (prom queen or king). You can vote online for all other prom categories. But you must text for queen or king. The winner will have an advantage at the next hoh. Although i wonder what happens if janelle wins (and cannot compete for hoh).

She was never my favorite. I liked her more last time than this time, but I think it's because I liked the other houseguests last time less than I like the other houseguests this time

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2006, 01:14:13 PM »

Re: janelle on big brother.

I don't know if janelle will wise up and realize what james is up to. I know she voiced concerns wondering to kaysar if he could be trusted. ANd i believe she also said in the diary room that she wondered if james was acting when he was nominated.

But i don't think she believes it. I'm just afraid she will continue to give him all her info.

Last night, they showed some footage of James speaking wth Janelle before the live vote, and he made a comment about how things can happen that change everything.  They focused on Janelle's face and she looked at him very curiously. She has distrusted him all along.  And I think, given the vote against Kaysar and the fact I'm betting she realizes James negated her vote for Kaysar, she's wise to the truth and will be careful in her dealings with him.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:14:47 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2006, 01:14:17 PM »

I haven't posted a spoiler alert on some of these posts because I'm not giving anything away, just saying what I think of people....ooo that sounds catty....meow

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2006, 01:15:13 PM »

SPOILER ALERT

Last night, they showed some footage of James speaking wth Janelle and he made a comment about how things can happen that change everything.  They focused on Janelle's face and she looked at him very curiously. She has distrusted him all along.  And I think, given the vote against Kaysar and the fact I'm betting she realizes James negated her vote for Kaysar, she's wise to the truth and will be careful in her dealings with him.

But James was up... even if he was being faithful to the alliance he'd be stupid not to negate her vote, which would surely be for Kaysar
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:16:20 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »

Watched three wildly different things this afternoon. I started off with another episode of THE WILD WILD WEST. This one involved a descendent of John Brown trying to outdo his uncle in infamy by building a kind of fire-breathing cannon that could wipe out an entire cavalry regiment in one blast. Fun episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »

Has anyone seen The Night Listener or does it open today?   I read it when it first came out and heard an interview of Armistad Maupin (who wrote the book and screenplay) on NPR Sunday night.   I think I'm going to go sometime this weekend.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:22:25 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2006, 01:22:13 PM »

Next came NO NO NANETTE. I've never seen this 1940 version of the show before. Lots of the score was dropped, of course, but I was astonished at how many familiar names and faces kept passing before the lens of the camera besides star Anna Neagle: Richard Carlson, Victor Mature, Helen Broderick, Mary Gordon, Russell Hicks, Zasu Pitts, Roland Young, Billy Gilbert, Eve Arden. Amazing company of players even if most of their singing was decidedly anemic.

This film is in the public domain so obviously the quality is spotty at best. But it was grand to finally see this at long last.

Many thanks to DR JRand for making it possible.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »

Has anyone seen The Night Listener or does it open today?   I read it when it first came out and heard an interview of Armistad Maupin (who wrote the book and screenplay) on NPR Sunday night.   I think I'm going to go sometime this weekend.  

It opened last weekend and did surprisingly weak business. I've been curious about going to see it, but the reviews have been mainly very mixed-to-negative.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25:20 PM »

Finished my afternoon viewing with about an hour and 10 minutes of THE BOY FRIEND on laserdisc. I hadn't watched this in a long time. I had totally forgotten about the Grecian ballet sequence (not very successful). Better are the more Busby Berkeley sequences like "I Could Be Happy with You."

I'll finish it this evening before MONK comes on.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2006, 01:28:14 PM »

I just read that TV host Mike DOuglas died today on his 81st birthday. I spent many, many hours with his wonderful show during the 1970s. Very sad about that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »

It opened last weekend and did surprisingly weak business. I've been curious about going to see it, but the reviews have been mainly very mixed-to-negative.

Yeah, I just saw that.  I really enjoyed the book. I've always been an Armistad Maupin fan. This one was definitely different from his other books. It's based on a real experience he had.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

I may just have to try to figure out what I did with that book....it's probably in a box with my Tales of the City books

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:17 PM »

Mike Douglas....terrible interviewer....but I liked his shows when I was interested in his 5-day co host!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2006, 02:01:43 PM »

Glad you enjoyed the movie DR MATTH....I felt pretty much the same about it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up