Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK  (Read 20048 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2006, 05:47:52 PM »

Welcome to jhvw! I too am a newbie. And thank you, Cillaliz, for explaining the origin of your name.

Ben

« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »

Cilla, as you mentioned in an earlier post, yes,

American and United are both at the same terminal at LaGuardia.

We're looking forward to Fred's next Sunday and the October bash coming up.

Even though I can't take off work in October to play with you in Chelsea and the Village I think you will have a very good time down here. Check out the Forbes Gallery (5th Avenue and 12th Street) if you get a chance. A nice small and FREE museum with some wonderful old games. The Teddy Roosevelt Birthplace is on 20th Street between 5th Avenue and Broadway. There isn't a lot to it but it's a fun place in which to poke your head(s). Depending on when you're down here there might be a Greenmarket (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in Union Square Park). I know that Ginny wants to go back to Chelsea Market on 9th Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets. That will provide much fun and amazing food choices.

It's always good to see Deb posting even if it's only for a quick one. Hope you enjoy The Fantasticks on Sunday. We can discuss it at Fred's, between eating the sumptuous food and playing with the delightful Corgi dogs. The Corgi is the official dog of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. I wonder if that will change when/if Charles becomes King or when William takes over.

Enough babbling. I can do this tomorrow morning as I eat my oatmeal with peaches and raisins.

Not to forget, we are also very excited about the arrival of Mr. Tom Guest and his ever lovin' Colin!

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  Even if you can't take off work to play with us, I still hope we'll see you at some point while we're there

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »

...I know that Ginny wants to go back to Chelsea Market on 9th Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets. That will provide much fun and amazing food choices....

Right you are, DR Ben, DH Richard and I are planning to make a day of it, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I've also recently become aware, near there, of General Theological Seminary at 9th Ave. & 20th St.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »

Oh, yes, I will see you. I may attend Drowsy Chaperone on Thursday evening also. I've seen it twice but I would love to see it again. We shall see.

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:10 PM »

Oh, yes, I will see you. I may attend Drowsy Chaperone on Thursday evening also. I've seen it twice but I would love to see it again. We shall see.

Any ticket-buying advice on that one?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »

Wonderful!  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

I'm a bit tiiiiiired right now.  Done writing for the day.  I now have a complete draft of the new song, but some of it needs smoothing out, especially the end, which needs a good strong final line.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »

Any ticket-buying advice on that one?

If you and Richard want house seats, I'll call Tony nominee Danny Burstein for you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2006, 06:48:55 PM »

If you and Richard want house seats, I'll call Tony nominee Danny Burstein for you!

Oh, dear DR Elmore, check your email!

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »

DR Vixmom is back!  HI, DR Vixmom!

In my summer sorting, I've found some origami paper and stuff that I'd like to send to The Vixter.  Could you PM me your address?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »

Thank you  Ginny!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »

Today is my parents 51st wedding anniversary.  And reading back  I see I missed TomovOz's dad's 100th birthday!!

Belated birtday wishes to him

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2006, 07:40:38 PM »

Happy 51st anniversary to the parents of DR Vixmom!  Did you have a celebration?

My mother is co-chair of her retirement community's anniversary committee.  They help plan and execute parties for milestone anniversaries - those ending in zero and five.  

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2006, 07:42:56 PM »

Mom's "seizures' have ended.... I picked up the material that accompanying the drugs prescribed to her and read  side effects may include... muscle spasms, disorientation, dizziness, severe abdominal pain, headaches, weakness,  nausea.... in short all the problems that have been plaguing her since she left the hospital the first time... they gave her CAT scans , numerous MRI's, isolated her and not one of the bloody doctors took the precaution of checking into the side effects of the latest wonder drug that their pharamceutical rep  was hawking!?

So she stopped taking the medicine and she is getting better

still very weak and in pain from the shingles but seizure free

vixmom

« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2006, 07:46:03 PM »

Happy 51st anniversary to the parents of DR Vixmom!  Did you have a celebration?

My mother is co-chair of her retirement community's anniversary committee.  They help plan and execute parties for milestone anniversaries - those ending in zero and five.  

We didn,t because my Mom just wasn't up to it.  I brought them a little cake and gift certificates to the local Ruby Tuesdays which my mom is partial to.  It is only a couple of miles up the road and they do ''curbside takeout"  and they gave me a menu so mom can choose what she likes, order it and dad can go and pick it up.

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »

Last year for my parents 50th we three klids chipped in a bought them a trip to New Orleans, where they always wanted to go... unfortunately New Orleans was underwater by time the trip was suppoed to happen so they never got to go.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2006, 08:00:21 PM »

elmore, you should have a priority package tomorrow or Tuesday.  Let me know when it arrives.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2006, 08:07:44 PM »

We didn,t because my Mom just wasn't up to it.  I brought them a little cake and gift certificates to the local Ruby Tuesdays which my mom is partial to.  It is only a couple of miles up the road and they do ''curbside takeout"  and they gave me a menu so mom can choose what she likes, order it and dad can go and pick it up.

Well, given the circumstances, that was very appropriate and I'm sure they appreciated it.  I'm glad you had the tenacity to intervene in your Mom's treatment, too, and that she's on the road to recovery.

What are the chances we'll see you and The Vixter in the City the first week of October?

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »

Well, given the circumstances, that was very appropriate and I'm sure they appreciated it.  I'm glad you had the tenacity to intervene in your Mom's treatment, too, and that she's on the road to recovery.

What are the chances we'll see you and The Vixter in the City the first week of October?

I am not sure yet.  When the school calender comes out I will see what her schedule is... if possible I plan to take a day and come in and see you whether or not she is with me.  What are the exact days you will be there so I can mark my calendar?l

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2006, 08:12:56 PM »

Cilla! You bought the book!!! Oh, how very nice of you! Yep, every once in awhile, someone buys a copy off Amazon or Barnes and Noble.com. It's always such a welcome surprise! PS - another of my 2nd amendment bud's says you should go to NRA.org, re: your elderly "gun nut who reads books" case. Frequently, they will have their legal dept do research for you, and write amicus briefs, sometimes they have the Big Guns (you should pardon the expression) call you with research/funding.
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2006, 08:14:23 PM »

I have been catching up... Ann I liked all the dresses but especially the online dress....

For my wedding I had a hoop skirt....I had always wanted to wear one ever since I saw Gone with the Wind when I was 9.

I loved it! That was back when JC Penney still had a in-store Bridal Department but oh my how much less expensive than those pricey Bridal Shoppes with their stuck up assistants.  

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2006, 08:14:59 PM »

Vixmom! howdy, gal. Oy, your tsurris! At least YOU had the good sense to read about the medication your mother's doctors couldn't be bothered to read. Or, they read it, but just wanted to "rule out" other problems, via scans, expensive tests... they DO have rent to pay, insurance to buy... rack up those big bills! I am no fan of most doctors...
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

Penny O I saw some one congratulating you for some acheivement but my addled brain didn;t grasp it... please share your good news again for my benefit.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »

Except, of course, the guys with the syringes full of Botox - I'm gonna get me some!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »

enough of this growing old gracefully... the hair can stay - the wrinkles between my eyebrows gotta go!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2006, 08:17:57 PM »

Penny O I saw some one congratulating you for some acheivement but my addled brain didn;t grasp it... please share your good news again for my benefit.
I don't know... short term memory loss... may be some literary workshops I'm doing in Redmond WA at the end of the month, to help publicize my reading on Sept. 2... Redmond Arts Commission MAY give me some $$$ for the classes. Or not. But I'm guessing Yes..
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »

Except, of course, the guys with the syringes full of Botox - I'm gonna get me some!

I just wan the guy withthe liposuction machine... take a little outa here , put  a little in there

;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:18:47 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »

I don't know... short term memory loss... may be some literary workshops I'm doing in Redmond WA at the end of the month, to help publicize my reading on Sept. 2... Redmond Arts Commission MAY give me some $$$ for the classes. Or not. But I'm guessing Yes..

Cool beans!!!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

Yeah, I'm thinking that's the secret of happiness: figure out stuff you love to do, then get someone to pay you to do it. Love teaching the workshops. Always did. The captive audience, in rapt attention... not expecting to actually be entertained... the surprise and shock that it's FUNNY stuff... the incredulity when they realize EVERYONE is just making it up, and they can too...
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up