Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK  (Read 19976 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had inspiration but then inspiration struck and now inspiration is picketing, and now it is time for you to post until the inspired cows come home.  The cows won't cross the picket line.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 12:29:01 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: INDURATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 12:14:54 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to former dear reader Stuart, brother to former dear reader Jay, and to frasherd, whoever that is.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 03:49:41 AM »

Yes, whatever has happened to Stuart and Jay?  Or, is that have happened?  These verb tenses are so peculiar around here.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 03:52:14 AM »

And the word of the day is: INDURATE!
The dog was so INDURATE about being housebroken that Josie regularly found it had URINATED on her carpets.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 06:46:35 AM »

Good morning, all!  The ghost was quiet last night, and I slept late.  I will shortly wend my way down to the recording office and then join Ms Alison Fox for the matinee of INDIAN BLOOD, which feautures our dear friend Rebecca Luker.  Jack Gilpin is playing opposite Rebecca, and I haven't seen him since we worked on TONIGHT AT 8:30 for the Williamstown Theatre Festival.  It should be a lovely afternoon.

I never did find the Cecil Sharp book, so I hope the NYPL has a copy.

Former DR Jay has written to me that atr some point he will return, but I've stopped believing him.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Former DR Stuart left the board because he felt there were several anti-semitic comments being thrown around, one comment directed at him, by one of our DRs.  I miss both of them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »

Happy Birthday DR STUART.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 07:04:06 AM »

I found the five pounds that DR CILLA LIZ lost.

LOL....DRMBARNUM still thinks that the people who talk to him when he takes Bosco for a walk are interested in the DOG!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 07:04:24 AM »

Sunday....Sunday.....more Read O Rama.....oh well....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

So have i!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 07:21:37 AM »

Happy Birthday DR STuart...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »

Ann lovely pictures of the dresses... I hope everything turns out well

FJL

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 07:22:54 AM »

Has anyone else tried JMK's trivia question?  I finally got all but one of the sub-questions.  Wondering if anyone will actually get the whole thing.

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 07:23:33 AM »

Heck, i found the five pounds before anyone even lost 'em.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 07:24:24 AM »

Strange day yesterday... Ran some errands and started sorting through some folders that a freinds daughter got into and proceeded to dump them out all over and they got mixed up with genealogy data I ahd not entered yet... Oh well, they always say double check your data...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 07:25:12 AM »

Good day one and all!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 07:43:46 AM »

Good morning!

Slept the night in cool comfort. Mother Nature truly smiled down on the Carolinas yesterday.

Already heating back up today. By 9:30, it had already reached the high that we got yesterday (71). But right now, my house is still in cool-down mode, so I'm enjoying it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 07:45:13 AM »

Since I have a slate of new TV shows to watch tonight (including DEADWOOD, ENTOURAGE, RENO 911 and GREY'S ANATOMY which will be new to me), I'll give this afternoon over to THE AVIATOR. I haven't seen the film since seeing it in the theater. I've read bad things about the transfer, but I'm eager to see for myself what it looks like.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »

I would love to watch another MR. MOTO film, but I suspect I'll opt instead of another WILD WILD WEST episode while I'm preparing and eating lunch. Then on to THE AVIATOR.

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 08:18:30 AM »

LOL....DRMBARNUM still thinks that the people who talk to him when he takes Bosco for a walk are interested in the DOG!

Feel free to keep them, or pass them on to someone else

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 08:21:37 AM »

I seem to be all alone....so I think I will get started with my day. I haven't slept this late in ages. It felt really good.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 08:22:41 AM »

Heading outside to mow the front yard now. Then back in to prepare lunch.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 08:38:17 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!

How is it that so many of us have found the same five pounds?  I have discovered that being an information-waitress only one day a week has made my worklife much more sedentary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Stuart.

DR Ann those dresses looked so nice on you. And i really love the one you want to order online.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 09:30:27 AM »

I, too, miss dear reader Jay, but he's never coming back, and the reasons for that are, in my opinion (IMO, in Internet lingo), silly and wrong.  As to Stuart, whom I liked very much, we hashed through what happened but he could not move past it, which is a shame since no one here meant any harm.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »

Thanks to all and one (and also one and all) for the kind responses.  Penny, I've always been somewhat self-concious about my shoulders, but I just fell in love with that dress and am determined to wear it.  If I have to skip a few servings of dessert, so be it!  

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »

No! You have gorgeous shoulders! And a dress that shows them off is perfect for your special day. The Wedding is all about the Bride - whatever makes you feel special and beautiful and worthy of all the attention is the order of the day!! Oh, BOY!!! Shopping for a wedding dress!!! (I wore so many beautiful gowns in various operas and operettas, and especially in Doll's Life - maybe that's why I never married???)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »

Anyway, that dress in the "headless bride" pic looked lovely on you - the long neck, despite no head, and those slammin' shoulders! And the embroidery on the fabric looked pretty special. The train seems long - detachable or does it "bustle" up?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 09:48:10 AM »

I believe that a large part of why I went into showbiz was all those beautiful costumes! and embroidered fabrics! and trains! Big Skirts! low bodices! Then I spent so much of my working life in Aldonza's rags...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 09:50:27 AM »

I still miss the blood red brocade, all hand-beaded, that I wore in a scene in Doll's Life -- after a few weeks in LA pre-Broadway tryout, they took it off me and put it on Betsy! She was, after all, the Star...
PennyO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up