Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK  (Read 19777 times)

jhvw

Re:INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I'm sure you all know my aunt, Cillaliz. I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing but it looks like alot of fun. I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2006, 01:31:07 PM »

Then I put in THE AVIATOR. I didn't see anything wrong with the transfer. I wonder if critics of the DVD realized that Scorsese's color scheme for the first 1/3 of the movie was deliberately meant to resemble the old Kodachrome color of early color photo photography. After Hughes crashes in the beet field, the color transforms into the lush three-strip Technicolor look of the rest of the picture.

I was still terribly bothered by the horribly sloppy time continuity problems with Hughes' involvement with Hepburn and other Hollywood beauties, and I still insist Cate Blanchette just wasn't beautiful enough to be Katharine Hepburn despite her accurate vocal inflections and carriage.

A phone call interrupted my screening, so I still have about 40 minutes more of the movie to watch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

Welcome new dear reader jhvw! Jump right in; the water's fine.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2006, 01:34:31 PM »

JH - FYI DR means Dear Reader, and E and T means Errant and Truant ....glad you're here

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »

Welcome, new DR jhvw!  Looking forward to meeting you, and introducing you and your aunt and DR Jane, to my DH (dear husband) Richard in NYC soon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »

Hi Ginny, looking forward to meeting DH Richard

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2006, 02:19:30 PM »

Welcome new DR JHVW, nephew of Cillaliz! We are very happy to have you here!

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2006, 02:22:36 PM »

Hi Ginny, looking forward to meeting DH Richard

Shall we plan a Thursday trek to the Cloisters and the neighborhood of DRs TPunk and Rodzinski?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

Here's another welcome for new DR jhvw!!

As a former Dear Reader used to say, Welcome to the Cookie Jar!  What flavor are you??

(I have no idea what that really means, but the "Cookie Jar" reference is from the musical Anyone Can Whistle ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2006, 02:23:53 PM »

I'll be finishing THE AVIATOR when I return to viewing. If there is time, I'll watch the next MR. MOTO in the box. If not, perhaps the Winter Olympics figure skating finals for the ladies.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2006, 02:24:30 PM »

And now, off to clean the guest bath.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2006, 02:25:26 PM »

I finished boxing up most of my musicals on CD (I say "most" because my niece has a couple).  I have eight boxes...of just musicals! ;D

I'll probably have just as many boxes of all my other CDs.  Then, it's on to my DVDs.  After that, I'll take them to the storage unit and that'll be it for today.  

My mom is making dinner tonight (I don't know what), and I have to drive my niece.  But that's not until 6:00 or so, so I've still got time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »

No! You have gorgeous shoulders! And a dress that shows them off is perfect for your special day. The Wedding is all about the Bride - whatever makes you feel special and beautiful and worthy of all the attention is the order of the day!! Oh, BOY!!! Shopping for a wedding dress!!! (I wore so many beautiful gowns in various operas and operettas, and especially in Doll's Life - maybe that's why I never married???)

Probably, because there wasn't anyone worthy of you!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2006, 02:29:40 PM »

Shall we plan a Thursday trek to the Cloisters and the neighborhood of DRs TPunk and Rodzinski?

Sounds like a plan. I talked to DR jhvw about it and he's up for it. Then we see Drowsy Chaperone that night.   We'd like to spend some time hanging out in Chelsea and the Village at some point.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:30:06 PM by Cillaliz »

jhvw

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I'll tell you a little about me. I'm about to turn 23, I'm still working my way through college. My aunt was VERY kind to invite me to New York with her so I'll actually get to meet some of you. I'm really looking forward to it. Where I live there is pratically no culture, music, or arts to speak of. Pretty boring. Humm..not exactly sure what to throw out there for you guys so I guess I'll come back later.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

DR Cillaliz, did you take the trip you needed to take to do what you had to do at an airline ticket office?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2006, 02:35:58 PM »

Did you ever steal costumes like Patti LuPone? ;D

Who would want to steal Patti LuPone?
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »

Our nice neighbor across the street just brought us 3 lovely fresh, homegrown tomatoes.  DS Rob and I are going to have bacon & tomato sandwiches - we'd have BLT's but we don't have any L.

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »

Mmm Patti Lupone - a voice that shatters steel.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2006, 02:41:47 PM »

DR Cillaliz, did you take the trip you needed to take to do what you had to do at an airline ticket office?

Yup!  Yesterday I drove to Sioux Falls, went to the ticket counter and within about 3 minutes had the ticket.  We're on different airlines but I think American and United are both at the same terminal at LaGuardia.  I've got it arranged so if everything is on time. I arrive 8 minutes before DR jhvw and on the return his plane leaves 20 minutes before mine. That way we can go to and from the airport together.  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:06:43 PM by Cillaliz »

Tomovoz

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

Welcome indeed to DR jhvw.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »

Happy Birthday Stuart

I miss the Brothers Soloway but appreciate their reasons. Some of us just choose to deal with situations in other ways.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:50:57 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

Probably, because there wasn't anyone worthy of you!
Oh, honey, how you talk!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2006, 02:49:47 PM »

Welcome, jhvw. Nice to have another young 'un join the discussions. You lucky boy, to go to NY with Cillaliz! I know you'll love it! I envy you - I'm in a Noo Yawk frame of mind...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »

Steal the costumes? well, I have to confess to having taken one pair of shoes I had worn for over a hundred performances. I still have them, all these years later. They are now the Ruby Slippers I have onstage, down left, in every performance of Jewish Thighs...

Plus, I took a petticoat. I wanted to buy my wigs and that red dress... never heard of again after that show closed. sigh...
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »

Penny O - Did I tell you I ordered my very own copy of Jewish Thighs on Broadway?  I hadn't realized it was on Amazon until George mentioned having you sign his copy. So I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Stuart....just in case you're lurking

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

"Sunday, sweet Sunday, with nothing to do......"   Well, not exactly nothing.  DP Kerry and I have both managed to sort through some stuff and put it out to our curb, for our quarterly "solid waste pickup."  That way, the city makes it magically disappear this coming week sometime.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

A big welcome to new DR jhvw !!

I'm always fascinated by some of the acronyms (or anagrams, or whatever the hell they are) user-names that folks come up with.  And 2 of the most puzzling at the moment to me are,  Cillaliz , and jhvw .  I guess it is possible that the latter (nephew) maybe drives a small german car, but beyond that I'm stumped.

Oh dear, stuck again between a conundrum and a cul-de-sac !

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »

A big welcome to new DR jhvw !!

I'm always fascinated by some of the acronyms (or anagrams, or whatever the hell they are) user-names that folks come up with.  And 2 of the most puzzling at the moment to me are,  Cillaliz , and jhvw .  I guess it is possible that the latter (nephew) maybe drives a small german car, but beyond that I'm stumped.

Oh dear, stuck again between a conundrum and a cul-de-sac !

Cillaliz comes from my  first two names  Priscilla Elizabeth....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up