Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK  (Read 19774 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »

I remember that Harold Prince, himself, came to my dressing room with a very serious face to tell me they were going to use the dress on Betsy - I guess they expected a scene or something... I told him, laughing, that I had been waiting to notice that my dress belonged on the star...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 09:52:36 AM »

waiting for THEM to notice, I mean...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 09:53:10 AM »

Ah, Page 2! maestro, a Tango!

Anyway - the dress looked much better on me....
PennyO

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »

The "headless" dress was very pretty great detail on the bodice and the skirt.  The train could bustle up, but we just let it go loose to try it on.  I hadn't realized how heavy those formal dresses can be!  I can only imagine being on stage under hot lights in one of those for long hours.  I've always loved beautiful dresses too, Penny.  Since the costumes I get to wear are usually chorus-girl simple, I decided my wedding day was the perfect time to indulge :)

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »

DR Ann - Thanks for sharing the photos of your wedding dress shopping trip!  Such an exciting time.  I like the online dress very much.

I bought my wedding dress off the rack for under $50 while shopping for a dress for my matron of honor (my only attendant).  It looked a lot like the white dress Princess Leia's wearing when we first meet her in Star Wars: A New Hope.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »

Anyway - the dress looked much better on me....

Well, we knew that, DR PennyO!  Congrats, by the way, on getting the commission to do the workshop.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »

Thanks to all and one (and also one and all) for the kind responses.  Penny, I've always been somewhat self-concious about my shoulders, but I just fell in love with that dress and am determined to wear it.  If I have to skip a few servings of dessert, so be it!  

It is gorgeos on you ...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 10:19:29 AM »

Contemplating on the idea of doing some writing...

Local public telly is broadcasting all the Bismarck eppies from Antiques Roadshow.. I might write and listen...

still sorting... I have found a few interesting items...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

Congrats Penny on the workshop commission. I hope it goes well.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »

I still miss the blood red brocade, all hand-beaded, that I wore in a scene in Doll's Life -- after a few weeks in LA pre-Broadway tryout, they took it off me and put it on Betsy! She was, after all, the Star...

Did you ever steal costumes like Patti LuPone? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »

Well, off to box up stuff. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

Gee George, have you found anything interesting while boxing things up?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2006, 10:40:48 AM »

Errr George, you missed a cd over there on the counter.... < Grin!! >

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Dear Esteemed, rested, restored, rejuvenated, and ravishing BK --

Huzzah to you, for taking yesterday to spend on yourself.  A very important thing for everyone to do now and then!!  And don't worry about those strikers outside of the Living Room....Inspiration always was unpredictable and fickle at times.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 11:18:05 AM »

Former DR Stuart left the board because he felt there were several anti-semitic comments being thrown around, one comment directed at him, by one of our DRs.  I miss both of them.

I personally can not think of a less judgemental, more open and friendly environment than BK's Living Room here at HHW.  To say that we are an incredibly eclectic and diverse group would be an understatement.  But all are human, and valued, and welcome.  Our own dear BK even extends open arms, a big smile, and Orange Chicken to those of us who fall E & T for long spells.  

My god....in my own circle of immediate family, we are comprised of male, female, white, black, hispanic, straight, gay, christian, jewish, buddhist, ......  It is wonderful diversity.....just like the Living Room here.

George

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »

Happy HHW Birthday to former DR Stuart! :D

George

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »

Gee George, have you found anything interesting while boxing things up?

Well (shh...don't tell BK!), while moving boxes that have been in my extra bedroom since before I moved here (two and a half years ago), I found my autographed copy of "Benjamin Kritzer!" ::) I've had "Kritzerland" and "Kritzer Time" out on my shelf wondering where the first book is, but it had been stored in a box and I didn't remember which one.  No wonder, because that particular box turned out to be at the back of my room, behind all the other boxes, at the bottom of the stack of boxes.  All three now reunited and next to my autographed copy of "Rewind." ;D

George

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 11:52:39 AM »

Errr George, you missed a cd over there on the counter.... < Grin!! >

Sadly, this is all too true. ;)

George

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 11:54:01 AM »

Well...back to boxing up stuff.  :-|

Michael

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 12:04:35 PM »

I remember that movie 14 Hours. I saw that movie when I was a kid. Saw it on TV like a morning matinee. I always like that movie. I don't think I had ever seen it since. I might get a kick out.
But if memory serves wasn't Jeffrey Hunter in the movie as the jumper or did he play another role?
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 12:32:04 PM »

Jeffrey Hunter plays an onlooker who falls for another onlooker, Debra Paget.  The man on the ledge is Richard Basehart.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 12:34:23 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the Wood of Holly to lunch - where I do not know, oh, no, I do not know AT THIS TIME.

By the time I get there or by the time I get to Phoenix I'll know.

I've jogged and have been slaving over a rewrite for a Brain scene.  I've got the scene part done and now I'm trying to finish the lyric for the replacement song.  That is slow going, but I'm getting there.  It's much more of a musicalized scene now and I'm much happier with it and am happy that faux 50s number is gone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

Now, let's get some postin' goin' on, shall we?

Kerry

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2006, 12:53:05 PM »

Ole everybody, my name's Louise.  What's yours?!?!?!

Ah, I miss Stuart too.  He is a great guy, and I wish him a Happy happy birthday.

Good vibes to all and one and one and all.  Today is a day of trying to get rid of stuff-- not easy for me.  BUT I am making some progress.

I'm glad inspiration has struck and not lightning.

I'm off to see what else I can get rid of, but I'll check back later.
I like boat races.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »

I remember THE FOURTEEN HOURS also from when it would play on Dialing for Dollars or some other weekday afternoon movietime...I loved when I was a kid...so dramatic and all...but I caught it on TV just a year ago or so and it seemed, well, wildly overacted to the point that I could barely sit through it.

On the flip side, I am right this moment watching another favorite from my childhood..TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY! I love Tony Martin and it is interesting to see Janet Leigh with some meat on her bones! She looks good! And two of my interviewees..Anne Kimbell and Angela Stevens show up in tiny roles along with lovely Joi Lansing...and oh, that Tony Martin!!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »

Got the yard mowed even as the temperatures comtinued to build. It's 80 now, and that wonderful cool air is now a fleeting memory.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »

I saw TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY a few weeks ago having never seen the entier things before. It stuck me as Howard Hughes deciding he wanted an MGM musical at his studio, and since he didn't have any musical talent to compare to the artists at MGM, he just borrowed what he needed from them. Not a great musical but a fascinating look at what happened to talent when it wasn't at a studio that nurtured and protected it.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006, 01:21:07 PM »

I also saw FOURTEEN HOURS on TV many decaades ago and was absolutely rvieted by it. I can't wait to get this new DVD when it becomes available.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

YEAH!!!! My nephew is here....he's jhvw!

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing with another WILD WILD WEST episode. The leading villain looked so familiar, but I couldn't quite place him. At first I thought it was Keith Michell, but I knew that it wasn't. Couldn't wait for the credits to come up to learn it was Don Francks of FINIAN'S RAINBOW fame. Yvonne Craig was the femme fatale, and Richard Jaeckel was the evil second in command. Really enjoyed this episode about a band of super-assassins.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up