News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROOF  (Read 14042 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PROOF
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the proof was in the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're eating all the pudding looking for the proof.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:27:24 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PROOF
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: FUNGIBLE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:38 AM »

I'm off to bed.  I have to get to work early in the morning...earlier than usual.  We're doing a classification study.  One of my co-workers Madeline and I basically have the same job, but with some minor variations (I deal with returns of defective or damaged material and she deals with claims when we don't get something at all).  We both are going to complete a survey/job description and compare, but I need to finish my part of it by this afternoon, when we decided to meet, so I need to get to work early so that I can work on the stupid thing.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:26:04 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:27:02 AM »

I don't know if I'm going to have time to think about the Topic of the Day.  It all happened such a long time ago. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »

Well, I'm off.  Good night, BK (and two guests ;)).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:43:43 AM »

I see George is represented after the day changed...but where, oh, where did FJL go?

The Emmys  -- totally ignored them and don't care.

Read the list of winners...and am oh! so! glad! I didn't bother to watch.  BLECH!

I guess the only way Kiefer Sutherland and "24" could ever win (after all these years) was if its betters weren't nominated.

And that's why the Emmy's suck this year, more than in previous years.  I'd rather bitch about the same old people winning rather than see them not being nominated at all.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 12:45:21 AM »

Supposing...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:45:32 AM »

They....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »

Held...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:48:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 12:46:12 AM »

An...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 12:46:32 AM »

Oscar....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 12:46:49 AM »

Show...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 12:47:08 AM »

And...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 12:47:29 AM »

Nobody....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »

Tuned....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 12:48:17 AM »

In...?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 12:52:12 AM »

It's getting to where one awards show is as fungible as the next.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 12:53:54 AM »

While Emmys were on, I watched Masterpiece Theater...part 1 of "The Moving Finger", a Miss Marple adventure.  Quite an interesting production with a new face to me...James D'Arcy who reminds me of both Nicholas Clay and Christopher Jones.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 12:55:02 AM »

Speaking of moving fingers, mine are tiring.  My afternoon nap was a bit ambitious.  I'm barely sleepy but my body tells me it wants a lie-down.   What a rum go!

Tomovoz

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 01:23:59 AM »

My early radio listening introduced me to pop music I guess. My family were not "musical" but the wireless was a part of our day. The songs I remember from childhood were the novelty songs like "Doggie In The Window". "It's In The Book", "Sweet Violets". "Bimbo" etc.
"The Last Picture Show"  soundtrack very much represented my early listening.

My favourite 78rpm records (other people's) were by Freddy Gardner and Guy Mitchell.

I really did not know anything about Classical Music until I was at High School.  Thank you to "The Maldau", "Peter & the Wolf" etc.

Theatre music - "Kismet" was the first musical of which I was really aware. It was the first Stage show I was taken to.  

The First Albums purchased were "Oklahoma" (Nelson Eddy), "Carousel" (Soundtrack), "The Buddy Holly Story", "Conniff Meets Butterfield", "Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs" and "Johnny's (Mathis)  Greatest Hits"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 05:01:58 AM »

Fungible....wasn't she one of the original Mouseketeers?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 05:04:01 AM »

I didn't watch the Emmy Awards either....

It is raining here, and I this is a BIG O morning for me.  No, nothing that exciting....must get the brakes on the PT looked at, they are making a disagreeable noise.  Hopefully I won't be there ALL day!

Hmmmm.....Johnny Mathis On Broadway.....listening to that album made me want to get the music from GYPSY and LIL ABNER......

And of course Van Cliburn's recording of the First Piano Concerto made me want even MORE of Tchaik's stuff!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 05:09:05 AM »

Big O today....nothing THAT exciting....brake work on the PT....hope I don't have to stay ALL DAY!!!

Michael

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 05:23:02 AM »

Count me in as one who did not watch the Emmy Show. I did watch Deceit with a couple of friends and was fun to watch them watching the play.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 05:47:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: FUNGIBLE!
Pat knew her husband Richard would badly BUNGLE IF he thought that a con job and true diplomacy were FUNGIBLE when he met with the Chairman.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 05:48:13 AM »

Fungible....wasn't she one of the original Mouseketeers?
No, she was just a substitute.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 05:50:17 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]The rain is lightly coming down here in Reboboth![/move]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:50:59 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 06:00:18 AM »

One thing my mother did that was absolutely right was play music on the hi-fi as I was growing up.  That, and she liked to sing, even though her voice wasn't all that good.  Sure, her taste ran to the novelty songs of her younger days - I can still hear her warbling about "...And they swam and they swam all over the dam."  But music was supposed to be fun, interesting.  (Rock was never interesting, which is why she never paid any attention to it.)

This is one of the big challenges der Grampa and I have, figuring out how to introduce the grandlads to music.  Magic Mommy doesn't want to have it around.  "I CAN'T THINK WITH THAT STUFF PLAYING!" she wails.  (I've yet to find any evidence that she thinks when it isn't playing, but that's a different matter.)  She doesn't even want to hear the lads singing along with their Discmen while they have their headphones on.

That's why der Grampa always has my Discman available in his car, with a variety of discs for them to choose from.  We have the Discman plugged into our car radio, so we can all listen.  And singing along is encouraged.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:02 AM »

Good Morning, Charles!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »

(I've yet to find any evidence that she thinks when it isn't playing, but that's a different matter.)  

LOL -- it sure does seem that way!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up