Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROOF  (Read 14044 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:PROOF
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

I literally cringe when people Irish Washerwoman...

??

How does anyone "Irish" a washerwoman?

Is this code for something naughty?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »

I've sent Amazon.com an e-mail:

"I received an e-mail from you announcing the upcoming release on DVD of 'The Fountainhead.'  There was a link to pre-order the title for $13.99.

Trouble is, it took me to a screen that says the title is not available in your catalog at this time.

What's the story, Morning Glory?  Why send an invitation to pre-order if it isn't set up in your system?

Is there a glitch somewhere?  Did someone jump the gun?

What's the word, Hummingbird?"

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »

I literally cringe when people Irish Washerwoman...

When Irish Washerwomen do what?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »

PennyO, an exercise I've used in the past is to think about all the things one HAS accomplished and think about how they were accomplished. Most of us, I find, have done far more than we give ourselves credit for. We pooh-pooh our successes. "Oh, but that was easy." Really? Any easier than what we're attempting now? I suspect there's a lot of mild (and not so mild) post-traumatic stress syndrome around. And, yes, courage and optimism are real gifts.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2006, 11:25:27 AM »

??

How does anyone "Irish" a washerwoman?

Is this code for something naughty?

I really do need to learn to proof my posts more often...  :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2006, 11:25:57 AM »

It irks me when the tune, Irish Washerwoman, is played.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »

One of my bad habits... is not proofing what I am posting....

FJL

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2006, 11:36:38 AM »

The proof is in the posting - That's what my mailman used to say.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »

Anyone know of Television schedules from 1984. Namely the week ending January 28?

A friend of mine is organizing her late brother's tape collection and part of his collection includes Search for Tomorrow. He has Matt Ashford's first day and we are trying to figure out what day it was on by trying to place the program they are promoting in a voice over on the end credits.

Through synopsis from Soap opera digest and from a few newspapers we have placed the week.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »

Have jogged, and just for a change of pace, I shall now - PROOF.  One more story to go, then back to the top to re-proof the first five.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »

My friend Sandy and I have it narrowed down to either Wednesday or Thursday. From my observation, they would never intro a soap character with speaking lines on a Monday or Friday. So those days are ruled out. Also at this time, one of the main characters, had a different actress take over the role. Another thing they would not do on a Monday or Friday is reveal a new actor/actress taking over an established role.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:50:16 AM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2006, 11:45:15 AM »

Site has been purged and photos can once again be posted.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2006, 11:46:40 AM »

So my task now is to figure out how to change the elephant's perception.

Please let me know if you find the answer.

Jeanne-your advice is very good, something I often do.  It works when life is difficult & we just need to remember the good things in life we have.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:03 AM »

Since it has been purged, we will soon see proof with Ron posting a photograph....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »

Well spoken words Jeanne...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2006, 11:49:30 AM »

What's the word, Hummingbird?"

Tweet, Tweet!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2006, 11:52:16 AM »

I'm sure DR TPunk meant Bob Newhart rather than Bob Hope when she mentioned the gag that recurred during the Emmy Awards last night.

I sure did, thanks for catching it.  That's what I get for posting under the influence of cold medicine.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »

Here is the picture I tried to post earlier:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2006, 12:14:57 PM »

And the photo I tried to post on Saturday.

Fred & Skip's sweet Toby & Dylan.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2006, 12:16:43 PM »

We always had music in our house, mostly classical.  My father played the piano and we would, all off key, sing folk songs.

I must have done something right as both boys love music, Craig so much he got in degree in communications with the intention of being a DJ.  Since his stint in the Peace Corps he wants to get a degree in Government Policy.  

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »

I watched the Emmys last night and would just describe it as average. I did think Conan was funny, and enjoyed his opening. But I watch a lot of tv and I just wasn't excited by the show overall.

Yes the Aaron Spelling and Dick Clark tributes were nice. And everything was fine. But I really did not care for most of the winners (actually i did not care for most of the nominees in general).

FJL

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2006, 12:24:45 PM »

Jane - Toby has Martian eyes in that photo.

And Dylan seems to be looking up someone's shorts, but actually must be hoping that person would drop some food.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »

It irks me when the tune, Irish Washerwoman, is played.

I've always liked it myself, ever since I learned to play it for a 1968 production of OH, WHAT A LOVELY WAR!  The song was originally published in Dublin, 1788, so it isn't an Irish-american tune, but the real McCoy.  I've always been partial to "Moore's Irish Melodies," published originally in 10 volumes between 1808 and 1834, myself.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2006, 12:57:53 PM »

:D
And what are the dogs' names?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:59:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »

I'm still all aglow over:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2006, 01:04:51 PM »

And here's a December release that's sure to bring joy to many...available for pre-order at Amazon.com:

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »

I cringe when Irish Washerwomen sing "People."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »

"Hey, I can see up this guy's pants leg!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »

The CD of Candide that der Brucer ordered has arrived.  Still love the cover.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »

Had a long lunch and then mailed some packages at the post office. It's hot out, but I simply must mow the front yard today. We're expecting rain tomorrow, and it will be a jungle if another rain hits it before it's mowed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up