Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STUFF THAT STUFF IS MADE OF  (Read 16432 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE STUFF THAT STUFF IS MADE OF
« on: September 13, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with stuff, and now it is time for you to post until the stuffed cows come home.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:20:52 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE STUFF THAT STUFF IS MADE OF
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: FROWARD!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 12:35:07 AM »

In Wagon Train days Robert Horton used to fro Ward some clever lines just to escape the monotony of "Circle the Wagons" dialogue.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:54:48 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late, and now I'm ready to head to Toyland and the NYPL.  My rehearsal is tonight, with the band, 8-11. so I'll come back here in the late afternoon, deal with mail and whatever fresh hell awaits here, then head back downtown.

I'm taking my new Sondhem discs with me, and I shall give them a good listen.

Where is our DR Jose?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:31:22 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  My day-of-days has begun smoothly - now I have a couple of hours here at my desk before going upstairs to host a program, introduce the speaker, and leave for Columbus.

My Sondheim CDs are in the car and I listened to most of disc 1 on the way in this morning.  Love it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 06:32:17 AM »

...Where is our DR Jose?

Been wondering the same thing myself.

DR Elmore - hope the rehearsal goes well tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 06:48:50 AM »

BIG BROTHER RESULTS SPOILERS from last night.

I love will but don't really care for boogie. But of the two (erika or boogie) I was very happy that the latter won.  I would have much preferred for janelle or will to win. But if the only choices were mike or erika then to me there was no contest.

And it's funny that so many are disgusted by mike. Cause i'm equally disgusted by erika.

I had predicted a 5-2 win (wasn't sure about marcellas, george and howie). I thought one or two of them would vote for erika.

It was interesting to see that george decided to vote for the best player vs who needed the money the most. I was not sure if he would do that (i thought he would but was not sure).

And then howie saying why would he vote for someone with 5 restaurants (and hating boogie) but he still voted for him.

I thought it was sort of humorous that erika's nemesis (alison) got to tell her about what mike had done.

And it was fitting that america's choice (janelle) winning ended the show.

As for mike saying it was the editing, well part of that is correct. Those harsh comments were taken right after will was voted out. Plus i think over the last few days he had come clean about a bunch of the stuff (to erika).

It's a shame that the finale couldn't have been janelle/will (now that would have been very interesting). Or at least will/boogie.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 07:18:49 AM »

Been wondering the same thing myself.

DR Elmore - hope the rehearsal goes well tonight.

Thank you, dear!  Masae, the keyboard player, played last night's rehearsal with the pianist, so I think we'll be more solid that I hoped tonight.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »

Good morning!

It's going to be a dreary day here with rain, rain, rain. It's cool, so I like that, but the rain puts a gloomy cast on things. It's also going to start heating back up after today. By the end of the week, we'll be back in the mid 80s. Argh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:36 AM »

Three wonderfully entertaining shows for me to see tonight: BONES, JUSTICE, and PROJECT RUNWAY. Until then, I need to watch some of the movies I've been accumulating on the DVR. I still have those two Mario Lanza films from last week I haven't gotten to yet, BRIEF ENCOUNTER from the weekend, SHOCK TREATMENT in HD from the early morning hours, and I saw the DVR recording something this morning that I don't even remember what I had selected.

Matt H.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 07:31:21 AM »

My gosh, Carol Reed had a run of three masterpieces in the late 1940s: ODD MAN OUT, THE THIRD MAN, and THE FALLEN IDOL. You don't get much better than those three classics.

Matt H.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 07:32:09 AM »

GOing to lunch today with friends, too, so that will cut into my viewing time somewhat.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »

In Wagon Train days Robert Horton used to fro Ward some clever lines just to escape the monotony of "Circle the Wagons" dialogue.

[Groan!]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 08:02:27 AM »

As for mike saying it was the editing, well part of that is correct. Those harsh comments were taken right after will was voted out. Plus i think over the last few days he had come clean about a bunch of the stuff (to erika).

To quote someone or other, "Nuh-UH!"  True, one of those comments was made after Will left....but he made far more, and worse, comments about Erika BEFORE Will left.

He was covering his ass to keep Erika from getting angry during the show.

Of course he played her and dissed her all along.  It had NOTHING to do with Will's ouster (which Janelle was equally responsible for...if not moreso, since it was HER vote that evicted him).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:04:04 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »

Wednesday.

WEDnesday.

WEDNESDAY!

Urf!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:07:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 08:07:09 AM »

Need to go get cleaned up for my outing.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 08:09:20 AM »

Odd.....

MattH has to get clean for his Wednesday outing....

and BK has to get out for his Saturday cleaning.....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 08:18:14 AM »

Non-burning nonsense questions about old Hollywood:

What was Rita's hay worth?

Why was Fred referred to as a stair?

Did anyone ever get caught in Clifton's web?

What was it that Irene was supposed to have done?

Why would Ali name his son June?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 08:18:50 AM »

Wednesday.

It's Wednesday.

Feh!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 08:44:56 AM »

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 08:45:46 AM »

I'm going to listen to "Simply Sondheim" today at work, since it arrived in the mail yesterday!  To quote The Pointer Sisters, "I'm So Excited!" ;)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »

And Happy Birthday to "Dave in the valley" who only posted 12 times, and not since June 10, 2004, 12:54:10 AM. :)

George

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 08:51:53 AM »

Today, I had to get up early (and I actually did!) because a friend of my parents' is going to install the new vanity in the house I'm moving out of, and maybe even the new stove.  He just arrived, so I must be going.  Later!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 08:55:06 AM »

DRLaura & George-thanks.

MBarnum-Nothing is certain until we are home with the puppy, but it looks like he is the one. ;D ;D ;D

For someone who was never going to have a dog again, not willingly anyway....lI'm so excited.  I can't express how much I want to go hold him and play with him.  Waiting is soooo hard.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 09:03:11 AM »

You mean, like the time Ward asked Bob "What in tarnation have you done to your hair," and Bob replied "It's a 'Fro, Ward!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 09:10:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: FROWARD!
While they would prove to be a wonderful DRAW FOR the box office for the film The Wizard of Oz, many a DWARF OR midget proved to be quite FROWARD both on the set and off during filming.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

Jane, he is definately CUTE!!!

And such big feet!!!!   :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 09:26:32 AM »

What was it that katy did?

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 09:32:20 AM »

Yesterday's forum topic is still open!

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 09:38:35 AM »

I love will but don't really care for boogie. But of the two (erika or boogie) I was very happy that the latter won.  I would have much preferred for janelle or will to win. But if the only choices were mike or erika then to me there was no contest.

And it's funny that so many are disgusted by mike. Cause i'm equally disgusted by erika.

I had predicted a 5-2 win (wasn't sure about marcellas, george and howie). I thought one or two of them would vote for erika.

It was interesting to see that george decided to vote for the best player vs who needed the money the most. I was not sure if he would do that (i thought he would but was not sure).

And then howie saying why would he vote for someone with 5 restaurants (and hating boogie) but he still voted for him.

I thought it was sort of humorous that erika's nemesis (alison) got to tell her about what mike had done.

And it was fitting that america's choice (janelle) winning ended the show.

It's a shame that the finale couldn't have been janelle/will (now that would have been very interesting). Or at least will/boogie.

I wonder if the votes would have been the same if they had heard Mike calling Erica a ho and saying he used her up for what she was good for before they voted rather than afterwards.  

I dislike Janelle much more after seeing the House Calls and the way she acts on the final show.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up