Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 1962  (Read 27589 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:1962
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »

Hmmmm....all very interesting.

I have seen Story Editor and other "story" credits on shows such as THE REAL WORLD, and assumed those people watched the tapes and put together a beginning, middle, and end for a storyline of one or more episodes....didn't realize that would come under "writing" as well.

If they have to watch all those hours of those "Models"....they aren't paid ENOUGH, no matter what they get.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »

Page Three Allison and the Sheriff Dance.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »

I would add Paris Hilton to the list - but she actually seems to have some intelligence and her compassion for the people whose lives she invades on the few episodes of THE REAL LIFE that I have seen, is certainly more genuine than those of her "compatriot."

Sometimes media interest is confused with public interest....and usually the media stays a bit too long at the fair....or as Joe Gillis said about Norma: "She's waving to a parade that has passed her by."  And echoed by C B DeMille:  "Thirty million fans have given her the brush."

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »

Favorites from 1962
The Interns (with Telly Savalas!)
To Kill a Mockingbird
That Touch of Mink
Gypsy
The Music Man
The Days of Wine & Roses
The Miracle Worker
The Manchurian Candidate
The Longest Day
Lawrence of Arabia
How the West Was Won
Tender is the Night

Postscript:
Saw 'The Illusionist" last week and loved it! Am going back to see it again.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »

Hey, I love America's Next Top Model. And it has its 2 hour premiere tonight.

(although i will agree, why do they need 12 writers???).

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:45 AM »

Here are my thoughts on last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

First off I agree that everyone is really doing better and the level is quite good.

Random comments:

1. My favorite performance was joey lawrence. Although i think mario lopez is probably the best dancer.

2. I know jerry springer won't be going home. But i thought the judges were a bit too easy on him. I did feel for his partner. And I love how hard he is trying. And he was decent (and put a lot of effort into it). But he was clearly inferior to everyone else and i thought the judges gave him marks that were too high.

3. I think willa seems so sweet.

4. I really do not know who will go home, since everyone did quite well.  But i think it will be based on popularity and not on who did the worst job.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »

4. I really do not know who will go home, since everyone did quite well.  But i think it will be based on popularity and not on who did the worst job.

Well, I have to agree with you on that.  I mean you get 10 votes per person and since you can vote online, then delete your cookies and vote again, it's clearly a popularity contest.   I hope Jerry Springer sticks around for awhile...he's great comic relief.  

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »

JRand - I meant no connection to Telly's ghost story and Jennifer Aniston. Just thought I'd throw it in. I think Jen is Greek, too.

Celebs I've had enough of ...
Tom Cruise
Jessica Simpson
and especially Michael Jackson!

Ben

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »

How could I forget Michael Jackson. Let him stay in Bahrain!

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2006, 11:20:43 AM »

Question for BK
I believe you wrote that every New Year's Eve, instead of going out partying, you stay at home and assess where you are in life and what you will be doing in the future. How are your goals for 2006 shaping up?

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »

Yes,
Lindsey Lohan can go on my list...I don't even know who she is, but I sure see her name A LOT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2006, 11:46:13 AM »

Question for BK
I believe you wrote that every New Year's Eve, instead of going out partying, you stay at home and assess where you are in life and what you will be doing in the future. How are your goals for 2006 shaping up?

Creatively, my goals have surpassed what I wished for.  Other wishes still have a ways to go.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2006, 11:56:25 AM »

Creatively, my goals have surpassed what I wished for.  Other wishes still have a ways to go.

We all have a little over three months....   8)

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

RE: what i wrote about America's Next Top Model. When I wrote it i hadn't read what others wrote about them being editors (not writers). I didn't realize the editors were called writers on those shows. But obviously being a reality show watcher i do know there are editors!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 12:01:48 PM »

Ron Pulliam,

Yes!!! Rachel Ray!!  How irritating is this woman?  We were watching her last night and I swear the woman looks like she is on drugs.  I have never seen such arm-swinging, pointless, excessive gesticulate.  She does things with her hands that have no correlation to what she is saying at all.  And I hate that little giggle of hers that she often punctuates sentences with.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2006, 12:02:28 PM »

Re: Dancing with the stars and what i wrote about it being a popularity contest (instead of the person being voted off being the worst dancer).

Well, I have to agree with you on that.  I mean you get 10 votes per person and since you can vote online, then delete your cookies and vote again, it's clearly a popularity contest.   I hope Jerry Springer sticks around for awhile...he's great comic relief.  

OMG we are agreeing a lot lately. :)

I do like Jerry Springer on this okay. And i actually love his dance partner (so sweet).  But i fear he will last a very long time. And unless he improves signifcantly i just don't agree with that.

Last week I suspect he got the most votes (he had to have gotten close to the top or he would have been in the bottom 3).

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2006, 12:07:23 PM »

Re: Dancing with the stars and what i wrote about it being a popularity contest (instead of the person being voted off being the worst dancer).OMG we are agreeing a lot lately. :)

I do like Jerry Springer on this okay. And i actually love his dance partner (so sweet).  But i fear he will last a very long time. And unless he improves signifcantly i just don't agree with that.

Last week I suspect he got the most votes (he had to have gotten close to the top or he would have been in the bottom 3).

Well, since I tell you when we disagree...I figured it's only fair to tell you when we agree ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Off to court.....ta ta

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »

Are you the Court Jester, DRCILLALIZ?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »

Anybody watching any of the NEW talk shows.....besides the Rachel Ray disaster?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »

I'm told the book website will be up shortly.  Of course, I thought it would be up yesterday - I'm hoping before I leave for LACC that the site will be up and running and that everyone here will be up and running to order their copies.  The first fifty people who order will receive a little something special with or in their copies.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »

I'm told the book website will be up shortly. ...The first fifty people who order will receive a little something special with or in their copies.

BK, will you post a link with the address for us newbies who don't know our way around? I would love to order a copy!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2006, 12:37:34 PM »

And we're LIVE!!!

www.howtowriteadirtybook.com

There you can see the cover, read the blurbs, and read the first three pages of the title story.  AND - you can order the book!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »

Well I feel lucky indeed, to have logged on just for a minute right now........I have my order for the new book firmly placed, and securely secured, so I can now await the mails with anticipation.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »

Our first order has come in - from MusicGuy!  Keep 'em coming!  Don't forget to read the sample.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »

I got all excited by the cool animation---whipped out my credit card and:

Paypal: Access to your account has been limited because you have declined the new User Agreement. To restore full access to your account please accept the new User Agreement.

But it doesn't tell you *how* to accept the new user agreement! Argh!  I didn't want to send them all my info again because I get so many bogus things of this type that I wasn't really sure it was indeed Paypal.  :'(
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2006, 12:51:41 PM »

For "ask BK day" ...

Dear BK,

Do you ever run into the situation with singers, where they don't actually realize what is the best part of their range?  I thought of this because you mentioned setting keys for songs in "The Brain," and I used to encounter an odd thing when I was working with soloists each week.

It seemed especially true of sopranos and tenors;  they always would try to pick a key that was just a little too high for them.  I don't know if they felt that they had to prove how high they could sing, but they invariably would get weak in the very top range, and the color wasn't as rich or warm.  I finally solved the problem, by just dropping the key a half or whole step on the actual performance day.

So, what is your system for getting across to singers where they are actually the strongest and best-sounding?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »

I see where Wikipedia has a link to DR Edisaurus' Sacco and Vanzetti doc..

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2006, 12:59:35 PM »

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2006, 01:01:06 PM »

Woooo-hooooo.  I just bought HOW TO WRITE A DIRTY BOOK.

Loved the sample....made me feel as if I was there, Charlie!

My PayPal summary page said Book $22 + $5 s/h for the total of $29.  You might have your people check that page and make the $22 into $25.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up