Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE FRENCH HENS  (Read 20846 times)

Jennifer

Re:THREE FRENCH HENS
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2003, 12:46:32 PM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Today at 11:29:19am
Okay the only problem is I don't remember what that means.  I hope it doesn't mean i'm a witch for being amused

(anyhow we all know that said neighbor will probably just use his tractor and put it all back!)

It means taking pleasure from others' misfortune.

I don' t think that word really applies to my story. I don't think of myself as someone who takes pleasure from others' misfortune.  I think that is a horrible quality.   But I do believe in the saying that sometimes "what goes around, comes around".

The neighbor was completely inconsiderate to dump his snow right beside my driveway.  Besides the fact that that is where all guests park their cars, he's not allowed to do it.  He made a huge mess on the street.  And I just had to laugh when the city's snow plows dumped it back (and he had to know they were going to do it, since he dumped the snow to the left of his house).

« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 12:49:56 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2003, 12:47:45 PM »

Btw, DR Andrea: What is that picture you put in your picture box? It looks like you in cement?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2003, 12:58:36 PM »

YES!  Lovely pic, btw!

I like Jerry Herman, but perhaps I'm weird in that I actually prefer Mame to Hello, Dolly.  

Yes, Maya, you are weird.... goth, but weird!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Andrea

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2003, 01:03:14 PM »

Btw, DR Andrea: What is that picture you put in your picture box? It looks like you in cement?

That my dear, is a picture of me done in "embossed" while I was really bored. I like the look and it hides the red eye.

DR Ann, Lovely, lovely family and I'm right after DR Kerry (Sorry Jed!).

And yes, the book sellers hate us! Particularily a little bookstore near my school that shall not be named that always, always tries to leave out books. Once he actually succeeded!

DR Dan-in-Toronto: I'm sorry about your mother :(

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2003, 01:04:56 PM »

Bah, humbug! - and similar salutations of the season!  So yesterday I got through mailing out the horde of gifts to the family back east and, once again, for the most part, it cost more to mail them than to buy them.  Now I'm writing out bonus cheques for the various and sundried (or is it sun-dried?) help...jacuzzi man, gardener, postman...It's all becoming a real expensive pain-in-the-butt.   The lovely wife and I finally pow-wowwed with some of the relatives a few years back and instead of going crazy buying gifts for each and every individual, we now have narrowed it down to one sort of representative gift to the family...and gifts for children and really old elders.  But it's still a hassle and we're now reconsidering those annual cheques to various nieces and nephews who are now through college and making their own way in the world and starting families of their own.  It must stop somewhere!

We're seriously considering telling everyone we've donated a 100 dollars in their name to our favourite charity CJATL...otherwise known as Chuck and Julieanne's Annual Trip to London.

And don't get me started on business gifts...although I've noticed that most of those various and sundried (or is it sun-dried?) handlers of mine have stopped sending out their annual loot and I'm wondering why I should reciprocate?  I'll get something from my business manager I'm sure, but it does seem the treasure-trove from agents and studio nabobs has dried up lately (maybe it's only because I'm no longer the hot ticket I used to be)...though I did get a lovely, elegant silver two-faced alarm travel clock from Jeff Zucker of NBC, home of my current project.  It's great...you can set it on the time where you are and the time back home.

On top of all that, I'm either getting over a cold or sinus-crap and it's a bloody bore.   I used to have more time for the festive aspects of Christmas and it wasn't such a dreary drudge.  

I did pick up a few items at Amoeba with which to regale the lovely wife and myself for the next few days.  LORD LOVE A DUCK, which the  lovely wife has never seen.  MORGAN, which I have never seen.  And A KID FOR TWO FARTHINGS, which neither of us have ever seen and was bought because BK's review of it the other day piqued my curiosity.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2003, 01:07:31 PM »

DR Maya - I'll post my new job info once it's solidified.  Me, superstitious?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2003, 01:38:12 PM »

Since Ann was so sweet to share the family pic, I thought I would do likewise. This is from last night's dinner with two of my closest friends in the world and one relatively (2 years) new friend. And, no, I don't weigh 700 pounds. The two sweaters I have on inflate my girth astronomically!   ;D

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2003, 01:38:14 PM »

Ugly car?   :o

Ah DRCHARLESPOGUE..... "Morgan! A Suitable Case for Treatment"

I loved that movie a long time ago....the last time I saw it, not so much.  But I am fond of it.

And Vanessa Redgrave as the illusive Leonie says something very interesting:  "People always take you seriously, until they get to know you."

Be ready for a trip to Swinging London!  And I think Robert Stephens is in it as well....

Damn, now I want to see it again.  LOL!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2003, 01:40:02 PM »

Another nice picture!  Thanks DR MATTH!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 01:40:20 PM by JRand53 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2003, 01:42:07 PM »

...though I did get a lovely, elegant silver two-faced alarm travel clock from Jeff Zucker of NBC, home of my current project.  It's great...you can set it on the time where you are and the time back home.

Two-faced........ NBC..............  Is there a hidden meaning in that statement???

And what is your current project with NBC, Mr. Pogue?
“One thing’s universal,

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2003, 01:42:36 PM »

May I just say that I love seeing pics of DRs!  Very nice, Matt!

Jose--LOL...I understand!  Actually, I think that you are in the field where it is actually in fashion to be superstitious!

Yes, Maya, you are weird.... goth, but weird!

Hahaha!  TCB, what pic do I have to post to convince you that my gothy days are behind me?  I don't have any of me in a pink gingham dress...you'll just have to take my word on it!  :P

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2003, 01:47:13 PM »

May I just say that I love seeing pics of DRs!  Very nice, Matt!

Jose--LOL...I understand!  Actually, I think that you are in the field where it is actually in fashion to be superstitious!Hahaha!  TCB, what pic do I have to post to convince you that my gothy days are behind me?  I don't have any of me in a pink gingham dress...you'll just have to take my word on it!  :P

How about bobby sox and saddle shoes?  Actually, I was completely over the whole goth thing, until you posted that lovely picture of yourself last week.  It was a beautiful picture, but again with the dark colors.... Besides, I enjoy giving you a bad time.

And speaking of bad times.... where in tarnation is Swishy???
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2003, 01:47:22 PM »

TCB may have one of him in a pink gingham dress though.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2003, 01:47:39 PM »

I am convinced DR Maya - your lipstick is evidence enough for me.  

MR BK - did you buy your lipstick sized Memory?

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2003, 01:56:30 PM »

LMAO, guys!  And thanks for the compliment, TCB!

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2003, 01:58:14 PM »

I wonder if they have memory sized lipstick? Too small to find I guess. (for some of us of an advanced age anyway).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 01:58:44 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2003, 02:04:28 PM »

When I get off the computer in a little while (a ONCE UPON A MATTRESS reference), I'm going to enjoy ELAINE STRITCH AT LIBERTY on DVD. Looking forward to finally seeing the show after enjoying the audio version. I bought this at the recommendation of several of the DRs here, so I'll give you my evaluation later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2003, 02:14:23 PM »

Haven't gotten over to Staples to get my very own memory stick, but will soon.  

I have to go to some partay tonight - hopefully I can get out of here at six.  The partay is being held at some billiard parlor on Hollywood Blvd. or Sunset Blvd. or some Blvd.  It's being given by my college theater arts alumnus association, of which I'm a board member.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2003, 02:15:05 PM »

MattH:  If your relatively new friend is the one sitting next to you, I can see why you are smiling!

Hmm, I wonder how Ann's sister's boyfriend would feel if he knew that men on both coasts were lusting over his picture?
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2003, 02:26:03 PM »

No, the one beside me is Jeff,  my best friend. The new friend (Jim) is the one standing behind me who hooked up with the one beside him (Hal) 2 years ago. They are a very happy and loving couple.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2003, 02:26:34 PM »

I ate an El Pollo Loco (The Crazy Chicken) twice grilled burrito with a side of strange macaroni and cheese.  I'm now feeling very logey, oh, yes, I'm feeling very logey.  I'm supposed to go to a partay tonight - wait, didn't I already post that?  Man, I'm LOGEY.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2003, 02:29:42 PM »

No, the one beside me is Jeff,  my best friend. The new friend (Jim) is the one standing behind me who hooked up with the one beside him (Hal) 2 years ago. They are a very happy and loving couple.

So, bottom line, MattH, the one next to you is Jeff and he is single?  Right?
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2003, 02:40:32 PM »

Yes, DR TCB, Jeff is next to me and he is single.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2003, 02:42:48 PM »

TCB,  I just don't like to talk about ongoing projects until there is actually something viable happening with them.  One...I do believe there is such a thing as talking something to death and not doing it.  Two...I half-believe talking too much about something can jinx it.  Three...as Panni and BK both can tell you, in this insane business you can write something, get handsomely paid for it, and it never sees the light of day.  So rather than gab about the project and have people always asking when will it be out, when can I see it, etc. I just try to keep a low profile, do my job, collect my dough, and keep my yap shut until there is actually something to yap about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2003, 02:46:11 PM »

I'm the same way as Pogue, especially after the Meltz and Ernest and stage Nudie problems.  There, I had a deal with some producers, dates were set, and it all went to hell - therefore, I ain't talkin' until the one is before the camera and the other is in rehearsal.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2003, 02:49:33 PM »

My apologies, Charles, I thought this was a project that had already happened.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2003, 03:20:33 PM »

Good afternoon/almost evening.

Well, I have yet to bake today.  Although I do suspect I will be venturing into one of my all-night baking binges...  something is in the air... and it's not the snow.. yet.   I also cleaned up the kitchen, and sorted through my baking supplies.  I noticed that I was really low on light brown sugar and bittersweet chocolate.  -I can't seem to remember where I "hid" that pound of Valhrona bittersweet I bought a few months ago.  ???  So, I'm about to head out to dinner with a friend, and then I'll make a stop at the grocery store... my second one day today.

DR Charles Pogue - I actually have little a "bah-humbug" in me today too (no comments, please, Tomovoz and TCB), but I'm not at the point where I feel like venting about it on HHW... yet.  However, I have been venting to some friends, and everyone is on my side, so that's a good thing.   ;)  It's nothing major.. just lots of little, minor things.  We'll see...  So, I bake!

-I may actually have a cocktail at dinner tonight...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2003, 03:23:13 PM »

DR Matt... HMmm.. Where is your left hand?  And his left hand? Oooohhh.. and where is his right hand?

:-*
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 03:25:02 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2003, 03:43:59 PM »

Oh, I was also doing a happy dance of my own a little earlier this afternoon... I got the final confirmation for my last set of theatre tickets for my trip up to NYC in January!  Woo-hoo!  The final line-up is now:

Urinetown; Avenue Q; Wicked; Caroline, or Change; and Hairspray

-And nothing past the eighth row!

-And we may squeeze in a Sunday matinee on the way out if the mood hits us!

Whew!  And I still get two full days to go exploring... and shopping!

OK - I'm off to dinner...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2003, 04:05:06 PM »

I like Jerry Herman, but perhaps I'm weird in that I actually prefer Mame to Hello, Dolly.  

Hardly weird.  I don't know from MAME, but I'm pretty sure I prefer it to HELLO DOLLY. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up