Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BECKONING BED  (Read 18430 times)

Ben

Re:THE BECKONING BED
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:27 AM »

Yes, MG, I did. He appreciates your kind thoughts :-)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 07:38:16 AM »

Ben! How is Anthony today???
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »

Good morning!

Overcast here but the last of our warm late summer days. It starts cooling off again tonight. Not too soon for my taste, though it was nice to get some natural warmth back into the house since I resisted cutting on the ncetral heating during that last cold spell.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 07:41:02 AM »

I forgot to mention the two NBC comedies that I watched last night.

30 ROCK laid another egg with me apart from Alec Baldwin who really is the whole show. TIne Fey and Tracy Morgan just push too hard and aren't funny, and the show is sadly wasting Jane Krakowski's gifts. A shame.

I suspect this will be the last episode of the show that I watch.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »

Didn't like 20 MORE YEARS either. Both John Lithgow and Jeffrey Tambor are overacting like crazy, mugging, shouting their lines, and it's not funny either, more desperate than anything else. Last time with this one too, I suspect.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »

We're getting that SPAMALOT tour at the end of November. The Blumenthal Performing Arts Center was one of the producers of SPAMALOT, and the Tony they won as part of the production team is happily on display at the theater.

Funny, but when the tour gets here, it won't be produced at the Blumenthal but at the older Ovens Auditorium instead.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 07:47:58 AM »

Another thing I recorded the other night was the Robert Osborne interview with Betty Hutton. It's several years old, and I taped it the first time it aired, but I didn't label the tape box correctly, and now it's lost in the archives somewhere. Looking forward to seeing this again today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 07:53:31 AM »

I remember the Betty Hutton interview - taped it as well - very interesting.  

Well MR BK is in the air as we write.

Deli foods:  Roast beef sandwich with dill pickles on a nice roll.  MMMMMMMM
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 08:05:36 AM »

Favorite Deli: Zabar's in NY
Favorite Delhi: The new one in India
Favorite Deli food: Chopped liver (another department where Atlanta is lacking despite the relentless influx of carpetbaggers.... errrr... Northerners.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 08:14:06 AM »

I hope and pray Dancing With the Stars is done milking the Sara withdrawal from the show.

They've milked it beyond any face value it had...and still came back for more.

So sad....
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:29:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »

Favorite Deli food: Chopped liver (another department where Atlanta is lacking despite the relentless influx of carpetbaggers.... errrr... Northerners.)

Oh, there's chopped liver in Atlanta.  They just don't share it with anyone other than home folk.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 08:16:02 AM »

TOD - a Cincinnati institution:

Izzy's

The barley soup is great!  My favorite meal is half a reuben, a bowl of barley soup, part of the huge potato pancake (I just eat the crispy edges), some kraut, some pickles, and a Dr. Brown's Cream Soda.  DH Richard remembers when Izzy Kadetz yelled at you about what you ordered, but he was gone before I started going to his establishment.  I'll bet DRs Elmore and Charles Pogue remember him, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 08:18:39 AM »

ANd last night' DANCING WITH THE STARS results - predictable in light of Evans' leaving.

And I still say put Jerry Springer out of his misery and just take the man off. He couldn't look more miserable if he was in a stockade. I don't know why he took the gig in the first place other than maybe hoping it'd thrust him in the spotlight for a week or two, get the ratings for his own show back up, and then he could leave.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 08:18:55 AM »

Ben - I don't know if Ant reads this board, but if he doesn't, please send him our best vibes for a speedy recovery.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2006, 08:20:21 AM »

I like deli food, but I almost never go to one. There are none close by me, so it's not especially convenient. I do like roast beef and smoked turkey and corned beef on various sandwiches, but I just don't go deli very often.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2006, 08:20:36 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Today's a vacation day for me, so I got a nice sleep-in until almost 8am.  Off to have my haircut, then to a luncheon with my DH, and my book group later this evening.

Here's the Cincinnati Enquirer review of

Monty Python's Spamalot

which we'll see a week from Sunday.  It mentions Rick Holmes - could that be the same Richard Holmes whose performances we used to enjoy in the now-defunct Whitewater/Sorg Opera productions?  I've tried to sort this out on the internet, but just get more confused.
DR Ginny, I love Michael Siberry!  I don't know him personally, but I saw him in Peter Hall's production of THE MERCHANT OF VENICE with Dustin Hoffman, Nathaniel Parker  and Leigh Lawson.  My memory is that he played Gratiano.  I helped Dustin with research on the play and got a lovely gift from his office.  This production is how I met Ben Browder who later became a TV star on FARSCAPE.

Michael Siberry, if I remember correctly, played Nicholas Nickleby when the RSC brought the 8-hour production back to Broadway.  He's quite funny in the Jeeves & Wooster series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 08:21:23 AM »

I think I'll head down now and tidy up a few things before starting on lunch preparation and afternoon viewing.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 08:22:37 AM »

DR Ginny, I love Michael Siberry!  I don't know him personally, but I saw him in Peter Hall's production of THE MERCHANT OF VENICE with Dustin Hoffman, Nathaniel Parker  and Leigh Lawson.  My memory is that he played Gratiano.  I helped Dustin with research on the play and got a lovely gift from his office.  This production is how I met Ben Browder who later became a TV star on FARSCAPE.

Michael Siberry, if I remember correctly, played Nicholas Nickleby when the RSC brought the 8-hour production back to Broadway.  He's quite funny in the Jeeves & Wooster series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.

Wasn't he in that revival of THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Rebecca Luker, too, or am I thinking of someone else. I never saw it nor bought the cast album, but his name rings a bell.

Ben

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2006, 08:37:32 AM »

Fred, thank you. I will surely pass on your (and everyone else's) kind thoughts and words.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »

Wasn't he in that revival of THE SOUND OF MUSIC with Rebecca Luker, too, or am I thinking of someone else. I never saw it nor bought the cast album, but his name rings a bell.

That was such a dreadful production I'd forgotten him!  You are right, DR MattH.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »

I am a week behind but thought that I would pop in and wish Travel Vibes to BK  I see that Ant needs Vibes (though I am npt sure why) and sned him my Very Bestest Vibes For What Ails Him

Unfortunately I will not be able to join in the HHW gathering this time round - hugs to all  and when you talk about me (and you will) * say something nice!!   :-* ;D

* what IS that an almost quote from?
 ???

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:32:08 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »

Dreadful productions:

I was in a production of "Mame", the only non-dreadful part of which was the intermission, from which less than half the audience returned.

Woof!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2006, 09:32:40 AM »

It's currently Thursday here in Oakland CA.

I know that sounds silly, but there it is....THURSDAY.

I left a voice mail this morning with a company we do lots of business with.  Their message informed me that it was May 27th and that they would be closed for Memorial Day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »

Dreadful productions:

I was in a production of "Mame", the only non-dreadful part of which was the intermission, from which less than half the audience returned.

Woof!

Oh I am sure that you were the sole saving grace in your role  :-*
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2006, 09:43:02 AM »

Topic of the Day:  not a real fan of the deli (nothing wrong with it, though), and consequently, haven't had much experience with many.  

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2006, 09:44:04 AM »

I went to the post office on Tuesday to get my mailbox lock changed and yesterday, they called and told me that the lock was changed and that they would deliver the keys to my work!  Hopefully, they'll be there when I get there. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2006, 09:59:24 AM »

RANT (in several parts) ALERT:

Several days ago, I had called my bank and told them that I moved and needed to change my address.  Fine...the person took my information and made the change.  A couple of days ago, I ordered some DVDs from deepdiscountdvd.com because they were having a buy-one-get-one-free sale!!  Well, I got an e-mail last night saying that one of my orders (only one??  I placed two separate orders!) was cancelled "because we were unable to verify the billing address with the credit card used....This address does not match with the credit card used." >:(

George

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2006, 10:00:03 AM »

It turns out that changing my address with the credit union isn't enough.  There is some other banking entity that has to get my new address and that still won't happen for another 24 hours!!  DAMN THEM!  DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!  I missed out on a free DVD set (potentially two sets) because when I called to change my address at my credit union, they didn't tell me that it would take several days and that I shouldn't use my debit card.  I would've held off changing my address so that I could order these now.  

George

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2006, 10:00:40 AM »

And finally...

The other order, thankfully, is still "In Process" so that hasn't cancelled, yet.  Maybe it'll hang on long enough that the address change will kick in.  The consolation is that the cancelled order was totally an impulsive buy because of the sale.  The still-active order is for season four of both "Ellen" and "The Kids In the Hall," and since I have all the previous seasons, this is a real good deal.  I really hope that these doesn't cancel. ::)

George

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2006, 10:00:58 AM »

And since we're so close........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up