Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SWANS WITHOUT WATER  (Read 20416 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:SWANS WITHOUT WATER
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2003, 03:30:43 PM »

And, DRs, as this is free-for-all day, and also the season of Mistletoe, latkes, no room at the inn, and oil that lasted way longer than the "sell date,"  I thought I would post this Christmas picture of DR Kerry and myself.  I'm sure it was only a short time ago.......let me see.......

("first, the crust of the earth cooled, then all the dinosaurs died, then......")

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2003, 03:31:45 PM »

How awful, MR BK!  A warped record is useless.  Did any other DR have the misfortune to leave a 45 rpm or LP in the car during the summer?  Disaster!  And yet I am sure there is another copy of Patty Duke Teen TV Star out there for you.  I don't have a way to make a copy for you, or I would.

AND NOW!!!!!!

For all those parties that H/K have coming up!  For those who are unsure of themselves on the dance floor - here is the new

HOW TO DANCE PROPERLY

page.  Just click....and then choose your dance style.  And you will be on the floor amazing your friends!  Yes, they laughed when I stood up....but then I started to dance....properly.

And please be sure to let me know which dance will become your own speciality!!!  ;D

http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2003, 03:32:46 PM »

Kings of Fashion!!!!

What a great picture!!!!

MusicGuy

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2003, 03:32:49 PM »

DR WEL -- A happy Christmas greeting and wishes to both yourself and Ray.....I hope it is a great holiday season for you.  Hopefully, you get to see some good theatre and also hear some great music.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2003, 03:37:29 PM »

Mbarnum - For when you write Mrs. Franchi - I happen to know she's Hungarian. Haven't got time to tell you how I'm aware of this strange fact - am rushing to a screening - but will tell you later.

MusicGuy

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2003, 03:37:40 PM »

DR Jrand --  I just looked at the dance sight....my god, I think even I could do better, and I absolutely KNOW that I can't dance (don't ask me).....much to the consternation of DR Kerry.

What is "zefrank" and what does that dance sight link to, or refer to??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2003, 03:39:05 PM »

What care I if we have a new low?  I am high, how can I be low?  High as a kite on the fourth of July, and yet no bogie or doobie or blunt has touched my lips, no cocaine has touched my nose, no heroin has touched my veins, no dolls have touched my throat.  I am high because it is the Christmas season and because the loyal and true Hainsies/Kimlets are dropping by to post.  

I am currently watching a rather marvelous motion picture entertainment, Mr. Claude Lelouch's Toute un Vie (And Now, My Love).  I saw this the day it came out and not since and I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.  It stars Charles Denner and a luminous Marthe Keller.  It also features a quite lovely score by Mr. Francis Lai and that is no lie.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2003, 03:46:58 PM »

Just this page, DRMusicGuy....I haven't checked much of it out, but it seems to be on the edge of zany.

http://www.zefrank.com/

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2003, 03:48:43 PM »

I am trying to imagine our own beloved BK doing some of those dance steps.

What can I say; I have a cruel imagination.   ::)

Better still, we use these dance steps for the First Nudie Musical On Broadway auditions...in costume!!!    :D :D :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 04:04:46 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2003, 03:49:46 PM »

I had typed a long review of WONDERFUL TOWN and MUSICAL OF MUSICALS.  After writing I hit preview.  When I went back to correct a typo it lost everything.

I do not have the time to re-create these.  Both were very good.

I never had this problem before the board was changed.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2003, 03:51:53 PM »

Dear WEL:  Please - the same problem would have happened there in a different way.  We had people (including myself) who lost posts for the same reason you just lost yours.  In future, just post the thing then read it - if you find a typo hit "modify" and correct it.

I'm sure all of us would like to know your thoughts on the two shows.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2003, 03:56:07 PM »

Yes DR WEL it has happened to me on BOTH sites.  

Enquiring minds need to know what your thoughts on these shows...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2003, 04:03:27 PM »

When I know I'm putting in a long post, I'll write it in Word and then cut and paste.  (Good way to spell-check.)

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MusicGuy

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2003, 04:11:59 PM »

Dear esteemed BK, and lovely DRs --

This year, 2003, has been filled with a fair amount of drek for DR Kerry and me, and we are quite ready for 2004 to get started.  However, We try to focus on the good that has come along at the later part of this year.  Kerry made a very touching statement when he looked at this picture that we just had taken a few weeks ago.  He said "during this season, sometimes angels appear in our lives and they have 4 legs."

Very true!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 04:13:33 PM by MusicGuy »

MusicGuy

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2003, 04:19:51 PM »

Hall pass !!  I must off to the market to buy foodstuffs....sundried, sun-dried, and otherwise.

TTFN   8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2003, 04:20:14 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww....but I did like the pants in the other photo better!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2003, 04:32:39 PM »

Post HIGH Post LOW, a sailin' we will go - with apologies to R&H...

I lost a few posts on the old system and nere a one here. Then again, I do what BK suggests to you WEL and that is to post away and then go back and edit.

Computers are fickle things....

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2003, 04:38:23 PM »

Broadway Radio Show fans - the new show is up and features Stephanie Block talking to Donald along with plenty-o-music

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2003, 04:40:33 PM »

DR Music Guy: They're both adorable!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2003, 04:41:20 PM »

Back from seeing Camelot at Arena Stage!

Without any partiality, I can say that I loved it.  I've never seen a production of Camelot before (or even the movie cause I've heard it's long, slow paced and pretty bad), but I do love the cast recording so seeing it onstage for the first time was a thrill...especially as performed in a theatre in the round, where the numbers had a wonderfully cinematic and textured feeling to them.  

I thought the cast was very strong.  I really liked the performances of the three principles.  I have to admit that I don't particularly like the character of Guinevere because I find her flighty and selfish, but Kate Suber really made her sparkle, and it was completely understandable how two men could be head over heels in love with her.  She brought a slightly daft quality to the character that really appealed to me...(almost like a Middle Ages Woody Allen herione), and I thought in general she acted the more dramatic parts well too.  And such a beautiful voice, at times reminiscent of Julie Andrews!  

I also liked Matt Bogart as Lancelot....he played up the role quite a bit, but it worked for me, and he was very charming with a rich, full voice.  At first I wasn't sure what to make of Steven Skybell's Arthur...he seemed a bit tentative at first...but by the end of the show, he had really won me over.  I think he may have lacked the charisma of other Arthurs like Burton, but I thought he really emphasized the frailty, fallibility and conflicted heart of the character without sacrificing his regality.  He had a great voice too, and was splendid during the dramatic moments.  

Our very own Christianne Tisdale was fabulous in the dual roles of Nimue and Morgan le Fey...I thought her ravenous Morgan was hilarious, alternately sinister and gleefully girlish.  I was impressed too by Jack Ferver's Mordred...my friend Isis (who came with me) and I thought he was cute too...though he had brunette Billy Idol hair, hehe.

The costumes blew my mind.  Arena REALLY went all out on this production...each brocade was so sumptuous...even the flourishes of the costumes were carefully detailed.  It was just a wonderful spectacle of color and ornament and pageantry.  Although some of the costumes looked quite heavy, especially on the knights, hehe.

I liked the set...I mean, there really weren't a lot of set pieces, but the round table rose out of the stage and there were other awesome visual effects.  The stage itself was gorgeous...it looked like a mosaic, or a stained glass window, and the lighting changed it  into Morgan's enchanted forest.  

The orchestra sounded wonderful too, and after the show I had the pleasure of saying hi to Jose, who looked quite smashing in his new black shirt, hehe.  Jose, you are a doll. :)

I apologize for the length of this review...is there anything I forgot to mention...oh yes...good choreography (simple without being simplistic) and the ensemble was fab too.  

TD--I'm glad the audition went well!  I'd love to hear more about the musical you wrote the book for!

Jay--I'm sorry to hear about Roller.  My best thoughts to him!

Danise

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »

Good evening all.  I'm sorry I haven't been around much.  I offer no excuses-- Let’s just say I haven’t been myself but I’m better now.  :)

I had something kinda special happen today.  I was at the local Walmart when a lady touched me on the arm and said, "I know you from somewhere."  I pulled a blank, like I almost always do--I'm VERY bad with names and faces.  So I said who I was and she said that where she remembered me from was a show I did way back when!  

She said a lot of nice things that I won't repeat but I will say  that she remember my singing voice and that she thought of all the people who did the shows around that time, she thought I would be the one to go on to something bigger.  

It was like a magic gift given at just the right time.  I've never felt so humble in my life.

Happy belated Birthday to those I've missed.  

I've got some reading/catching up to do so.......I'd best get to it!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2003, 04:49:35 PM »

Thanks for sharing the pictures Musicguy and Kerry! It is nice to know you don't still wear those checkered pants! LOL!

And thanks Tomovoz for the Sergio pic...what a handsome man he is, too!

JRand53, thankfully I am none of those dances. My dances is usually the typical 1980s dance up and down movement! LOL! Not much too it, and it certainly impresses no one!

I would do the Twist if it didn't hurt so much after awhile!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2003, 04:51:55 PM »

I'm off to sup with dear readers Jay, Laura and Sandra - Sandra will be getting a surprise, that's all I can say at this time.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2003, 04:52:02 PM »

And Jay, very good vibes to the doggie! I understand how precious a pet can be!

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2003, 04:59:30 PM »

DR Jay: Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you get more good news from the vet. I've never had a dog. But my aunt treats her poodle like a child. So I do know (sort of) how you feel.  Good vibes to you.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2003, 05:04:14 PM »

Hey for DR WEL or any other DRs who might lose the stuff they type here:  Before you press preview, just copy it, then if for some reason you lose it, you still have it.

I gotta go eat now. It is late.

MusicGuy

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2003, 05:26:27 PM »

Well, once again, because this is "free-for-all-day," I thought I would post this wonderfully off-beat publicity picture from quite a few years ago.  Apparently back then, major league sports still had a sense of humor and wasn't so worried about "image" and all that overdone fake macho stuff of today.

Lucky PeeWee Reese !  ;)

MusicGuy

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2003, 05:28:18 PM »

Gotta go get some food ready for DR Kerry, who has had to work all day today.  Retail at Christmastime...grueling!!

Emily

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2003, 05:38:41 PM »

Do you know what I hate?

Government websites (from both countries) that don't properly explain the required documents/forms of id for Canadian citizens travelling to the United States.

I am going to bring every possible piece of identification with me and hope for the best. :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2003, 05:40:17 PM »

actually, do you all realise that a Medicare Card is not accepted as a proper form of photo identification while a University Student ID Card is?

how strange that McGill would be considered to have stricter screening processes than the Canadian/Quebec governments? :P
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up