Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SWANS WITHOUT WATER  (Read 20581 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:SWANS WITHOUT WATER
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2003, 05:53:53 PM »

DR Emily, that doesn't surprise me at all.  A few years back, I was told by a bank that I needed photo ID to open an account.  I had a US passport, but didn't have a driver's license, and my California ID card had expired.  The passport, an official US document, was rejected as ID; they would only accept a state drivers license, which anyone, including an illegal immigrant, could get, just by passing the driving test!  

Maybe you should simply apply for a drivers license, take the test, and get a US ID that way!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2003, 05:54:43 PM »

Whoo-hoo!  Fourth page!   ;D :D ;D :D ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2003, 05:56:09 PM »

DR Danise - what a lovely story.  And DRMaya thanks for the review of Jose's CAMELOT!!!  

MG - I love that picture.   I can only assume the Dodgers won!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2003, 06:32:40 PM »

AND NOW!!!!!! [size modified for quote. gpd.]

For all those parties that H/K have coming up!  For those who are unsure of themselves on the dance floor - here is the new

HOW TO DANCE PROPERLY

page.  Just click....and then choose your dance style.  And you will be on the floor amazing your friends!  Yes, they laughed when I stood up....but then I started to dance....properly.

And please be sure to let me know which dance will become your own speciality!!!  ;D

http://www.zefrank.com/invite/swfs/index2.html

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

This "zefrank" site is one of the funniest sites that I've seen in quite a while!  I've e-mailed the site link to a couple of friends at work (won't know how they feel about it until tomorrow).  There is just so much there to explore!  Thanks for the link, JRand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2003, 07:02:34 PM »

DR Jay - Archie the spaniel sends his very best wishes to Roller.

And DR Emily - This is unofficial, so confirm if you're thinking of using it, but I've heard that even an expired passport (along with a birth certificate) is adequate identification. Recntly I tried to find out the postage from Canada to the U.S. (as you know, it keeps changing). The Canada Post website provided all manner of useless information - but did not include any postage rates.

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2003, 07:16:56 PM »

My biggest smile from the day JRand. Love the "Twirl" it is so "butch!".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2003, 07:18:58 PM »

I am a still in shock after that first photo of  MusicGuy and Kerry. Who was the the bear in the other photo? Not everyone can wear that much red.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2003, 07:27:54 PM »

What care I if we have a new low?  Not one whit.  

Back from a sparklingly sparkling supper.  Here is a photo of dear reader Sandra sporting the Christmas gift I gave her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2003, 07:29:21 PM »

Here is a photo of dear reader Jay, myself, and our lovely waitress Selina.

Emily

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2003, 07:31:42 PM »

Dan, I don't know about the old passport thing since I don't have one (I really MUST get around to it in the new year though, especially because I don't have a drivers' license).

From what I gathered, Canadian Citizens without a passport who were born in Canada can cross into the US (although only on ground via bus, rail, personal automobile or by walking) for leisure purposes with:

a) a government issued birth certicate from any province or territory (except Quebec in which case the person's birth certificate is invalid if issued before 1991 and they need to get either a new government approved birth certificate or certificate of citizenship)

AND

b) a piece of valid photoidentification which demonstrates residence in Canada

I think I should go into international law... I can't believe I actually READ sections of the NAFTA accord for this! :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 07:34:03 PM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2003, 07:33:46 PM »

Oh and btw... I have never really appreciated the fact that I was born in Toronto and spent the first three months of my life there until now.

Who cares if I feel guilty cheering on the Habs when they play the Leafs... at least I can prove I'm Canadian! :D

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

George

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2003, 07:34:36 PM »

Bruce, great pictures and great hat!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2003, 07:35:38 PM »

DR MusicGuy, loved both pictures. I WELL remember having pants just like those, so I wasn't laughing, well, not too much.

Loved the recent one, too. Great picture of all FOUR of you!  :)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2003, 07:42:29 PM »

Got a chance to see THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN tonight which the hosts for the drop-in showed me when everyone had left. (They insisted; I didn't want to overstay my welcome.)

I've never read the graphic novels, so I had only the movie itself to go on. Not one I would recommend to friends unless it's for the eye candy which certainly was present. The screenplay seemed to play much too fast and loose with the established stories of the extraordinary gentlemen (and lady), enough that it bothered me to see contradictions to established canons of these characters.

My brother has been pestering the daylights out of me for a year to watch FRAILTY. I finally got around to recording it two days ago, but this deluge of parties has kept me from watching it yet. Has anyone seen it and has a comment about it. My brother is a notorious bust when it comes to movie recommendations.

George

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2003, 07:43:12 PM »

I had typed a long review of WONDERFUL TOWN and MUSICAL OF MUSICALS.  After writing I hit preview.  When I went back to correct a typo it lost everything.

I do not have the time to re-create these.  Both were very good.

I never had this problem before the board was changed.

WEL, if you haven't posted this on the tech board for Mr. Mark Bakalor to answer (I hope he doesn't mind me answering it in the meantime), I think that your problem is that you went "back" after you previewed your message.  DON'T DO THAT!  You can click "preview," but if you scroll down a bit, the screen to type your message is there (again) below your preview.  A bit below that you'll see the "Post" and "Preview" buttons again.  Using those, you can preview as many time as you want (you'll just keep going forward to a new preview screen) and then post from there.

The only thing to be remember is if you're going to post a picture using the "Attach" box, you can't preview that.  You can preview what you type but only attach your picture the last time when you actually "post" it.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2003, 08:07:12 PM »

I lost posts on the old board using preview, so I NEVER use it now. I write and then go back and modify when I've made glaring errors or have additional thoughts.

Michael

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2003, 08:10:04 PM »

Well back from LOFR:TROTK. The kids enjoyed and my mother enjoyed it. My nephew is 10 and watching him watch the film made me understand the PG-13. Well I am off to bed. I must work tomorrow while the play and frolic and frolic and play in hopefully sunny and warm weather.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2003, 08:11:50 PM »

I just read that actress Hope Lange died. Remember her two years on THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR (two Emmy awards) or her lovely performances in PEYTON PLACE (Oscar nomination) and BUS STOP? I'll miss her.  :(

Michael

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2003, 08:12:14 PM »

My sister is giving me a very unexpected holiday gift. She is redesigning my bedroom/office. New carpet, walls painted and a new bed. Getting rid of the awful single and get a wider bed. Something in a Queen would be nice. I am going to have to check them out over the next few days.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2003, 08:13:49 PM »

And BTW I am very proud of hall the BKers and Hainses as you did reach over 100 post by the time I got back from the film. Now we have to make sure that today is not the lowest on record.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2003, 08:15:40 PM »

I know I may be opening a can worms here knowing some of my fellower DRs, but what the heck. Refering back to two previous post: "Can anyone recommend a good Queen?"
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2003, 08:16:47 PM »

I just read that actress Hope Lange died. Remember her two years on THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR (two Emmy awards) or her lovely performances in PEYTON PLACE (Oscar nomination) and BUS STOP? I'll miss her.  :(

She couldn't have been that old. Sad. She was a wonderful actress. I also remember her in the ground breaking TV film That Certain Summer.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2003, 08:22:47 PM »

Loved Hope Lange in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, along with Edward Mulhare and Charles Nelson Reilly.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2003, 08:27:49 PM »

The piece I read said Hope Lange was 70.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2003, 08:32:14 PM »

...Getting rid of the awful single and get a wider bed. Something in a Queen would be nice.  I am going to have to check them out over the next few days.
Ah, yes, having a Queen in bed can be wonderful!

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2003, 08:34:31 PM »

Really had a long day here, so I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening. I'll look forward to readingf the rest of the posts tomorrow morning.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2003, 08:57:22 PM »

Nice photos, BK. (DR Jay - such a punim!)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2003, 09:32:15 PM »

DR Michael Shayne --

If you were asking for real about beds (queen or otherwise  ::) ), I'll throw out my 2 cents to you.

DR Kerry and I replaced our aging King bed a while back, and after looking at a number of things we purchased a "Select Comfort" bed.  That is the one with the adjustable "sleep number" that you hear advertised.

It is a fairly complex air system, and the price is fairly ghastly (a Gloria Upson reference), but I have never slept better.  The most telling thing was how much better my back felt upon awakening in the morning on this new contraption.

There....end of commercial, and no, I don't work for the company.  

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2003, 09:35:44 PM »

Dear BK --

You all look like you had a splendid repast at Mario's.  And DR Sandra's new "Swedish Chef" hat was most chic!  I can just see her wearing it to lectures and things, or maybe whipping up an impromptu batch of floop.

Nighty night....don't let the bed bugs bite.....lock the door, and dorme bien!

8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2003, 09:40:20 PM »

Good evening!

Well, I just lost a post too.. but that was because I forgot to log in.  Oops!  At least it wasn't a long one.. yet.

WEL - I always lost posts on the previous board.  It took me a while to realize that the "back" function only worked if someone else had not posted another reply before you.  It would reset the page, and thus reset the reply box.  So... After a while, it was just a matter of remembering to "copy" my text before doing any final previewing and editing.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up