Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAIDS  (Read 20868 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE MAIDS
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2003, 11:09:47 AM »

DR Jay, glad to hear that your doggie is doing fine now.

Having been a Plaid (Smudge), I can tell you from a performer's perspective that it's among the greatest experiences I've ever had on stage. The positive energy coming from the audience absolutely electrifies you, and the constant laughter is always so thrilling. That and A CHORUS LINE are probably the two shows that I've done that were worth every ounce of effort it took to put them together. The rewards for the performer are incalculable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2003, 11:16:17 AM »

DR MBarnum: the M+Ms have arrived!
(for some reason stuff coming from the west coast seems to take forever to get here).

They look so yummy! Yeah!

And they taste even better then they look!!

Dr Jason, have your CDs arrived yet?

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2003, 11:17:03 AM »

DR Jrand: I love that large Christmas smiley. Very nice.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2003, 11:17:58 AM »

Matt H., speaking of Keith Michell, I was watching him last night in this version of THE IDEAL HUSBAND with my erstwhile chum, Jeremy Brett, and Margaret Leighton and was wondering what has happened to him since the eighties when he seems to have done his last work.

Didn't we do this Christmas carol thing a few weeks ago.  To reinterate:

Fav Christmas Song:  The Christmas Song.

Fav Christmas Carol:  Good King Wenceslas

Another fav is Corn, Water, and Wood by Michael Martin Murphy

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2003, 11:20:37 AM »

I wrote:
They look so yummy! Yeah!

And they taste even better then they look!!

Ha ha. That made me laugh. Yep I'm sure they do. I stared at them long enough. They look so good.I cannot wait to devour them.

The funny thing is I am bad at resisting food. Except when I am on a strict diet. When I am NOT ALLOWED any of certain things, somehow I resist.

I must be good, if I didn't eat ANY of the Christmas cookies I helped my aunt bake.

Thanks MBarnum

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2003, 11:21:18 AM »

That's a good question, DR Charles. I really hadn't noticed that he wasn't showing up on things any more, but you're right. I haven't seen him in ages. He was a guest detective in several MURDER SHE WROTEs to give Angela Lansbury a vacation, but that had to have been the late 1980s as well. I wonder if he's in bad health?

Jason

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2003, 11:31:02 AM »

I am a gentile who likes Hannukah music. I only know two Hannukah songs, but I like them both very much. There, now I really feel like I'm part of the group. :-P

DR MBarnum: I haven't received anything yet. This coming from a man who hasn't received a CD in the mail in several weeks. :-\ I hope your package hasn't mysteriously "disappeared" in transit, as well. I'll keep an eye out for it tonight when I get home. :-)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2003, 11:32:50 AM »

Jrand: It's not bad, the retrospective, it's just too short and pointless - if someone good had done it it really could have been great.

Let me be the first to mention that we just had a rather interesting earthquake.  We're in a high-rise that's on rollers and I must say it's a rather nauseating experience.  I do hope my home environment is okay.  I don't think it was a bad one, but it seemed like it was because of the rollers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2003, 11:34:26 AM »

Oh dear, I have an LP by Mr Keith Mitchell with some very funny songs on it.....hmmmm I wonder where it is...and if any other DR has heard it?   ???

Thanks DRJENNIFER - found it on the web, and I just had to have it!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 11:36:50 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:37 AM »

You west-coasters and your earthquakes. I love how BK talked about it in such a casual way. I'd be freaking out! I hope you're all alright and that there's no serious (or even light-hearted) damage.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2003, 11:38:42 AM »

NOTHING about Miss Connie Francis should be short and pointless...grrrrrrrrrrrrr....along with "Where the Boys Are" her rocking theme song to her movie "Looking for Love" are a couple of definitive pop songs!

Your building is on rollers?  

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2003, 11:38:42 AM »

Wasn't Keith on an episode of Julie Andrews' variety series (or maybe one of her specials the following season)?

I was in a holiday cabaret some years ago, and we sang a song called "Hi Ho for Hannukah." It was arranged as a choral piece for two men and two women, and it was fun to sing. That's about the extent of my knowledge of Hannukah music.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2003, 11:39:36 AM »

DR JRand, I've mentioned it before, but I'll say again, I ADORE Connie's "Mail Call" in WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2003, 11:42:11 AM »

Well we did the "Hannakuh Hoedown" that ended with a Star of David made with crossed hands that was very well received during one production of "The Holiday Survival Game Show."

But of course we were also damned to hell for closing the first act with the Disco Nativity and I dropped Baby Cheesits into the manger using a fishing line....  Boy was that lady mad!!!

Yes DRMATTH - that's a great rendition of that tune!  Not my favorite Connie movie - but she was in there pitching!  Fearless and with confidence to spare!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 11:43:20 AM by JRand53 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2003, 11:43:53 AM »

Is anything on the Internet about the earthquake.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2003, 11:47:25 AM »

Let me be the first to mention that we just had a rather interesting earthquake.  We're in a high-rise that's on rollers and I must say it's a rather nauseating experience.  I do hope my home environment is okay.  I don't think it was a bad one, but it seemed like it was because of the rollers.

I'm glad you posted that.  I was seated at the time, and thought I was getting woozy.  My little home is NOT on rollers, yet it felt like gentle swaying here as well, Dear BK.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2003, 11:47:56 AM »

Just read the earthquake was centered north of Hearst Castle at San Simeon and that it was a 6.5, which I find hard to believe.  No reports of damage either there or here.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2003, 11:48:04 AM »

Is anything on the Internet about the earthquake.
I found this!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2003, 11:48:33 AM »

I just realized that here we are on the fourth day of Hannukah and I haven't wished a happy holiday to any of our Jewish friends. So...HAPPY HANNUKAH! Who here celebrates it...? I haven't heard anyone mention it so far, and I'm sort of curious to know who celebrates Hannukah and who chooses to celebrate Christmas...

Jay

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2003, 11:49:45 AM »

You west-coasters and your earthquakes. I love how BK talked about it in such a casual way. I'd be freaking out! I hope you're all alright and that there's no serious (or even light-hearted) damage.

And blizzards and hurricanes are better?  With earthquakes, there's no waste of energy worrying about them before they come!

Jay

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2003, 11:51:41 AM »

6.4 on the Richter scale, with the epicenter in the central California coast.  That is NOT a small shaker.  There will be damage, no doubt, near the epicenter.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-122203quake_lat,1,6097088.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2003, 11:51:56 AM »

Oh, I do hope all our West Coast H/Ks are allright!

BK--lol, for all my pretentions of laziness, my work ethic is pretty strong when it needs to be.  The rest of today is going to consist of me relaxing...

Jason--well, I'm agnostic myself by faith, but my mom is Jewish so that makes me Jewish by birth.  We have both a menorah and a Christmas tree up...but we're just doing Christmas presents this year, not Hannukah.  

Jason

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2003, 11:52:06 AM »

Oh...blizzards are fun, fun, fun! And hurricanes...well, I haven't had to deal with one of those yet. Nor'easters, yes, but not hurricanes. The rain sucks, but snow is fun, as long as the subways are running. It quits being fun, though, when it turns to slush.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2003, 11:52:32 AM »

DR SWW that site is great....thanks.  Tells you all and MORE!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2003, 11:54:51 AM »

Yes, rollers!  I'm not exactly sure how it works, but high-rise buildings in earthquake-risk zones are built to withstand the earthquakes.  It's a little like being in a high-rise in Chicago during high winds.

I'm still the sort who would rather be under a doorway or a table during an earthquake.  I probably always will be.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do now that I'm in hurricane country.  (If the hurricane has a boy's name, I guess I could find myself a new boyfriend with the same name and ride out the storm...nah, I'm happy with who I've got.)

This would make for an interesting topic of the day some time, BK: "My Favorite Natural Disaster!"  But it's not a Christmassy topic, so it'll hve to wait.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jay

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2003, 11:55:05 AM »

I just realized that here we are on the fourth day of Hannukah and I haven't wished a happy holiday to any of our Jewish friends. So...HAPPY HANNUKAH! Who here celebrates it...? I haven't heard anyone mention it so far, and I'm sort of curious to know who celebrates Hannukah and who chooses to celebrate Christmas...

Thank you, Dear Reader Jason.  I am a Hannukah celebrant.  And, for the record, any Dear Readers who know any Hannukah music/songs beyond "The Dreidel Song" know more Hannukah music/songs than I do.

Diane

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2003, 11:59:42 AM »

Sending out good Vibes to all the west coasters out there. Hope everyone is ok...

Been through one major Hurricane in the mid 80's. More fun then scary. I was in a tornando in Arkansas a few years ago...Would not want to go through that again :P
I LOVE A Piano....

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2003, 12:00:03 PM »

I have always wondered how all those beautiful glass and porcelain antiques in all of the antique shops in LA withstand the earthquakes! I always amazes me that any breakables are still around in that area!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2003, 12:00:30 PM »

Can't pass this topic up!!

Favorite Christmas Songs:  

When a Child is Born (favorite version from the CD "Save the Children" sung by Michael Ball and Claire Moore and the London cast of The Phantom of the Opera)

As Long as There's Christmas (from the Beauty the Beast Enchanted Christmas sung by Pebo Bryson and Roberta Flack)

Don't Let Christmas Pass You By - written by D. Jay Bradley and recorded on the Carols for a Cure CD, 2001 I believe

NYC dr's... how's the forcast look for Christmas and beyond?  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2003, 12:06:33 PM »

DR MBARNUM anything made before 1992 is considered an antique in LA.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up