Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES  (Read 56293 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:17 AM »

What about Tom and Lynette's children who will now have to welcome a new grown up child into the family full time, one who may be "damaged," and knowing how selfish and wild those boys have been the past two seasons, that could lead to a lot of headaches for the child and for Tom and Lynette. Lynette's guilt could impact her relationship with Tom, too, and Tom's guilt over being tempted by Nora which led to the showdown between Lynette and Nora (and Nora's ultimatum which was leading to a custody case) just all screams acres and acres of guilt, sadness, and trouble.

Have you submitted your treatments to Marc Cherry :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:54 AM »

Fargo has an old art-deco influenced theatre that has been restored and she show a lot of Indies, documentaries, and art films.

FARGO
This theater was built in 1926 in the Art Moderne (Streamline), but was remodeled in 1937 to it's current art-deco style.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:06 AM »

Is it Monday already?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »

Glad I took the day OFF!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2006, 10:28:42 AM »

Love the poster bk, good luck!!

It looks like a fun show..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2006, 10:29:48 AM »

The weekend was rife with activity and inertia.

Friday evening and most of the morning Saturday I was a whirlwind of activity -- cleaning, polishing, washing, vaccuming, shining, storing away, rearranging.

That afternoon, the cable company technician arrived and promptly identified the reasons for some bad reception.  I have no words to explain what he showed me, other than to say that the connection was not optimal. He reconnected me and my ghosting -- (boink) -- vanished.

As soon as he left, I sat down with a glass of tea and nearly immediately dozed off.  I got myself up and into bed for a nap and napped for four and half hours.  So my schedule has been off since then.

Yesterday is a blur of DVDs watched and football watched and phone calls made and another long nap.

Still feel a bit wonky and tired, but otherwise am healthy and fine.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:31:54 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2006, 10:31:21 AM »

Tonight's the night....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Save the Cheerleader...save the World![/move]

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2006, 10:33:43 AM »

Actually the carpet in the lobby, they are hoping to replace with a replica of the original but it will take a bit of money... The chairs were restored and they are quite comfortable

I have seen a number of films in there: Water, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Monsoon Wedding and a number of others. It has very good acoustics..

Too bad they did not have a picture of hte ceiling. That is truly stunning with the pastels and lines and curves.

They also have a wurlitzer organ that has been restored. That is a sight to behold and listen to.  It is one of few still operational in theatres in the US.  AT a recent silent movie night, they actually had a person playing it along with the movie. Now that was fun and a real treat.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2006, 10:34:53 AM »

re: "Desperate Housewives"

SPOILER

I always enjoy the show, but last night I did feel a bit manipulated by the outcome of the siege in the grocery store.

Too pat a solution to Lynette and Tom's problem, I think.  

I do, however, have major questions about why Laurie Metcalf's character was shot in the head after she had been subdued.  Why did that woman do what she did?

If Carlos and Gaby truly get past their animosities, all's the better.

I wonder if the new guy will stay in the neighborhood...will the writers do better by him than they did the last new neighbors who moved in and were badly written.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:35:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »

Thanks for your words of wisdom Ron.. I have not yet seen it since I work at night. However, I have heard very good words about it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

Oh, yes....I stayed up past midnight last night to review/purchase some new soundtrack CDs that one of BK's former label's Club issues quarterly (approximately).

I was not disappointed.  In fact, I was overwhelmed.  Five new CD's were announced by Varese Sarabande:  "Birdman of Alcatraz" by Elmer Bernstein, "Careful! He Might Hear You" by Ray Cook; "Runaway" by Jerry Goldsmith, "Lucas" by Dave Grusin, and -- for me a TREASURE of treasures -- "The Seven Cities of Gold", with surviving cues from "The Rains of Ranchipur" by Hugo Friedhofer.

I'm amazed at the variety and quality of all the releases!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:41:41 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2006, 10:43:21 AM »

The only bad point about the Fargo theatre is that parking STINKS!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2006, 10:43:51 AM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S SHOW.

re: "Desperate Housewives"

SPOILER

I always enjoy the show, but last night I did feel a bit manipulated by the outcome of the siege in the grocery store.

Too pat a solution to Lynette and Tom's problem, I think.  

I do, however, have major questions about why Laurie Metcalf's character was shot in the head after she had been subdued.  Why did that woman do what she did?

If Carlos and Gaby truly get past their animosities, all's the better.

I wonder if the new guy will stay in the neighborhood...will the writers do better by him than they did the last new neighbors who moved in and were badly written.

I agree with everything you wrote.  I do feel a bit manipulated by what happened.  I was not bored. But it was so predictable and such an easy way out.

I do hope that gabby and carlos get back together.

And i'm not sure what will happen with the new guy. Did he even speak?

And about why carolyn was shot. Was she subdued? It didn't really seem to me that things were that under control.  Plus it made for an interesting reveal when they showed who did it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2006, 10:53:20 AM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S SHOW.
And i'm not sure what will happen with the new guy. Did he even speak?

And about why carolyn was shot. Was she subdued? It didn't really seem to me that things were that under control.  Plus it made for an interesting reveal when they showed who did it.

The new guy did speak.  I believe Lynette chatted him up for a moment or so until she became distracted by Kayla's mom and left him standing there talking about his sister and looking a tad confused.

I thought Carolyn was pretty well subdued given that she was flat on her back and was being held down.  Once the gun was retrieved she was no danger to anyone.  Her death looked like cold-blooded murder.

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »

I love the Tommy Smothers quote, Cillaliz!

Thanks- it's the punchline to a joke, but it's so true

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »

Tonight's the night....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Save the Cheerleader...save the World![/move][/color]

I have rehearsal, so I have to watch it later. :( But my new DVR from Comcast will record it!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2006, 11:01:24 AM »

I'm a big fan of the new show "Brothers and Sisters"!

I don't mind being manipulated once in a while (last night's "Desperate Housewives" pushed it a bit for me).  And I don't mind occasional plot contrivances as long as the payoff is good (i.e., it works).  Last night's contrivance had a flashing light attached to it.  To wit, Sally Fields' character wanted all her kids to join her at "the ranch" (which is part of a parcel the family business is being forced to sell in order to make up a $15 million deficit the late father of the clan left them to clean up).  They all made loud noisy excuses why they couldn't, then each went out and made independent plans with others to spend a quiet, private weekend at the ranch.  

Sally, of course, decides to go anyway and her contractor, Treat Williams, offers to drive her and help her remove a panel from the kitchen wall...a panel on which all the family kids had been measured against as they grew up.  

One thing leads to another and they're all together...and despite how contrived/mainpulative the plot devices were to get them there (and yes, I was aware of such as it was happening), the show still pleased me.  The character relationships are what makes this show resonate for me and you just never know where any of them is going to go or take you week to week.

I don't know whether this show has legs or not -- it's no "Grey's Anatomy" -- but I like it.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:03:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »

I thought Carolyn was pretty well subdued given that she was flat on her back and was being held down.  Once the gun was retrieved she was no danger to anyone.  Her death looked like cold-blooded murder.

I think that they're forshadowing something...hopefully, something good (a Sound of Music reference ;)).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

I think that they're forshadowing something...hopefully, something good (a Sound of Music reference ;)).

I'd sure love it if that were the case!

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »

I was about to say how thrilled I was that for the first time ever, I saw Boo grooming Callie, and Callie seemed to enjoy it (She swears it was just a massage) of course as soon as I went to the computer to brag that after 4 1/2 months they are actually bonding, they got in a fight.  I stopped it so they both ran to another part of the house....probably to keep fighting, lol
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:08:56 AM by Cillaliz »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2006, 11:21:58 AM »

Sounds like kids to me Cilla ;)

However of the furry kind...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »

Off to run a couple of errands before class... Have a good afternoon everyone and take care!

Ben

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »

I will vote tomorrow morning and then tomorrow evening we will see Mary Poppins. Even though we will be in the balcony of the New Amsterdam it should be fun.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2006, 12:16:58 PM »

DR Rodzinzski, Wax 'n' Facts is still there, and still great. There are a couple of new stores that have opened up that are also great.

The Tara is still open too---it's 2 miles from my house. But we have experienced a real loss: after 65 years, the Garden Hills Cinema, a small art house which I imagine you may have attended, closed last week. I was really disappointed because this would have been a short walk from the new house. Bummer ! I'm sure they will build something tall on the site. I'm beginning to think that every one story building on Peachtree Street is in danger!

Anohter upcoming loss: the Roxy Theatre on P'tree St. in Buckhead. This was the first talkie theatre in Atlanta and has beautiful art deco details. The whole block will be razed to build something tall. I really don't see why they can't keep the theatre as a keystone and build around it.

RIP Roxy--with an appropriate marquee...

Good news about Tara, although I think it used to be owned by a smaller concern (LeFont). Sad about the Roxy and Garden Hills. One thing Atlanta doesn't seem able to stop is bulldozers.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2006, 12:17:58 PM »

I am also looking forward to December 1st which is when I start my month long vacation. I am finishing up small projects right now, then we have Thanksgiving and that Friday off, I come back for 4 more days and then I'm done! No big trips abroad this year, though. We went to Dublin last year so we need a year off. We will be going to Captiva in May. A friend is turning 50 and she has rented a guest house for a week. All we have to do is get to Captiva and the rest is fun, fun, fun!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2006, 12:21:17 PM »

A real live thee-ya-tur!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »

Cillaliz-
Killbot and Walty do this regularly. What begins as pleasant grooming always ends in a scrap.

Ben

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »

I am also attending the Foundation Center's 50th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday. It's being held at the Museum of the American Indian (part of the Smithsonian) downtown at the old Customs House on Bowling Green. A meet and greet reception from 5:30-7:30 and then those folks who are higher on the food chain (i.e. Board Members and Senion Staff) go to a private catered dinner. I did get a new fabric briefcase and a t-shirt as part of the festivities. They are both festooned with the Center's new logo.

It's a very small jpeg but it's all that I can save from our Web site

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »

Tonight, I take to the stage for a one-night event I've been working on for the last month. It is a bizarre show, and we probably could have used another couple weeks to prepare, but we shall see how it goes. The benefit to it being strange is that if we mess something up, I don't think anyone will know!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2006, 12:33:10 PM »

JRand-
My buddy Matt was stopping by the World o' Wisdom the other day. Did he catch you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up