Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEIRD DAY  (Read 30213 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE WEIRD DAY
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:19:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were weird, and now it is time for you to post until the weird cows come home.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:56:13 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE WEIRD DAY
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:20:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: BILLINGSGATE!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 02:39:17 AM »

Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
But she accidentally stepped on his foot
And what followed was a torrential BILLINGSGATE from Casey
None of which can be repeated on a family site such as this.

(Michael Richards was present at the time, and decided to steal some of the material for his own act.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:40:06 AM »

Astro Burger?   :o

Extra jogging for you, esteemed BK!!!

And the holidays just starting, as well!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 02:41:59 AM »

I really should get back to bed.

I woke up about an hour ago, raspy throat, and have been waiting for the cough medication to kick in.

Now, all I have is a headache.

*bleh*

Later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 02:43:50 AM »

And we have wind here in Rehoboth Beach.  The trees are being howled through like a flock of nattering banshees.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 05:16:40 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm of out bed but I am hardly awake.  I had anothyer night of crazy dreams, one about going to college which was both a dormitory and a construction site, another about my brothers and me fighting over money, and one about driving through Oxford, Ohio, God knows why.  Perhaps it was all the same dream?

Tomorrow is a holiday, and I shall spend a portion of it with our DR Fred, Skip, and several guests.  The rest of my day will be spent on band parts for "The Brain," as will most of my life for the next two weeks.

And so to work!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:34:08 AM »

If the kid from a Chritmas Story did something wrong politically and there was a congresional  hearing it could be called Billingsgate (for short)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 05:35:38 AM »

ASK BK:

Have you ever thought about do color correcting (or whatever it is called) for the DVD releases to show poeple how the colors should be done correctly?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

Parts of The Brain will be banned?????

:o :o :o :o :o

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:47:29 AM »

I'm awake again.  Such thrilling news.

The doggies insisted.  They wanted their breakfasts.

And we have had rain in addition to our wind.

Yes, our wind.  Breaking news.   ::)

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 06:06:11 AM »

I'm not awake but am getting ready for work.  Work will be busy for me since I m filling in for about 5 people who are off this week.  Tomorrow is indeed Turkey Day, but we're not having turkey.  I decide i was a big person and didn't have to spend the day with family.  So Lyn and David and I will have tacos (or watever we manage to find) and see a movie.  I will later in the evening show David "First Nudie Musical" and if we have time , "The Creature Wasn't Nice."

I'm really looking forward to the brain-- it's the one part of Christmas/December I am looking forward to this year.

Happy holiday to all you dear people!  MWAH! :-*
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 06:06:38 AM »

People with invoices go through the billingsgate - those with checks go in on the other side.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 06:07:11 AM »

DR GEORGE trying on shoes at Payless....an Indian in high heels.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 06:07:33 AM »

Yes, sometimes rehearsals are like that, Mr BK....yes they are.  But as you say, now that is BEHIND you  all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 06:08:35 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day....when you are directing a multi act play, do you wait until the end of rehearsal to give ALL notes, or do you give ACT ONE notes after Act One and Act Two notes after Act Two?

I like to give them all at the end of the evening....

Ben

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 06:20:49 AM »

Hello to the dashing and handsome Kerry!!!

Ben

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 06:21:08 AM »

Give your husband a big kiss from Anthony and me.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 06:22:08 AM »

I won't be around much after 11:30. I'm heading out to Ronkonkoma for Thanksgiving. While we have the computer we will be busy eating and visiting friends and shopping, etc. I will pop in when I am able.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:42:22 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:04 AM »

Bruce, did you get my mail order for Ripley and Skinner at Town Hall? I mailed it to the Kritzerland address last week.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:23 AM »

Well, that was a frenzy.

Ben

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:43 AM »

Later, gaters.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 06:24:57 AM »

Tomorrow is indeed Turkey Day, but we're not having turkey.  I decide i was a big person and didn't have to spend the day with family.  So Lyn and David and I will have tacos (or watever we manage to find) and see a movie.

Hello, Kerry!!
Let us all know how you like your non-traditional Thanksgiving, won't you? One year I went to a fish restaurant with friends; another year I cooked Indian food, which I adore, then went to a movie with a friend.  Personally, I still prefer a more traditional feast, but it was interesting to try something new. Have a lovely holiday and hello to Lyn.

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 06:35:23 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I woke up early this morning in the early stages of what my son calls "holiday head."  That's the condition I develop when there are too many details - food, tables, chairs, dishes, etc. running around in my brain.  Yes, our Thanksgiving extravaganza is now up to 14 and I have tons to do today.  It's all about tradition here at our house.

Here's my question, inspired by DR Kerry's plans for tacos tomorrow:  

What's the most untraditional Thanksgiving you've ever had?  

Mine was 1977, when, still both single, my friend Becky and I went to NYC for the holiday weekend.  We saw 5 shows and on Thanksgiving Day went to the Macy's parade and ate dinner at Mamma Leone's.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 06:36:49 AM »

I've got the oven warming right now so I can roast some chestnuts.

We don't have a fireplace, which kinda wrecks the whole "on an open fire" thing anyways.

I suppose I could roast them over a gas flame on my stove, but that doesn't have exactly the same flair.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 06:41:47 AM »

I've had too many Thanksgivings, back when we lived in Long Beach, where der B put off until the very last minute deciding it was time to eat.  We would then drive around like crazy as he tried to find a restaurant that was still open, where we could plunk down and have a middlin to lousy meal, being glared at by servers who wished we would go home so that they could.

Life is better, now that I have a kitchen that works like a real kitchen, and know how to cook.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 06:42:09 AM »

The chestnuts are roasting.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 06:45:14 AM »

The menu for tomorrow:

Roast Turkey Breast and Thighs, with Sage

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Stove Top Stuffing (yes, I know, it's processed food  :-\)
with Celery, Onion, and Bacon

Chestnut and Mushroom Gravy

Green Beans with Almonds

Cranberry Jelly (again, processed, but it would look strange
without those funny ridges from the can, right?)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:45:38 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »

Oh, I forgot, we've got rolls to warm up, too.

And der B is going to make a cranberry/orange sauce, hopefully today so it will naturally jell.

I'm going to try to get as much done in advance as I can, tonight after work, since I'll be working tomorrow as well and it would be nice to have dinner sometime before midnight.

Tonight's dinner?  It's scrounge night, raiding for leftovers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 06:52:35 AM »

For those of you who are Heroes fans, Claire and Zach both have MySpace blogs.

The world of the internet more and more blurs the division between the real world and the reel.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:03:16 AM by S. Woody White »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up