Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHARON MCNIGHT'S NUTS  (Read 26229 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:SHARON MCNIGHT'S NUTS
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 11:29:31 AM »

Ummmm........   :o
And I was obviously up way too early.   :-[   :-\  (Der Brucer has already teased me about it.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 11:30:32 AM »

Page Four Dance -

I'm not sure.  What kind of dance goes with embarrasment?   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

François

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

And I play this one a lot since I love John Rutter's Christmas arrangements.

Hyperion cds have the most beautiful pictures on their booklets!
Just wanted to say that!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2006, 11:39:10 AM »

BeeGee seems a little more like his "normal" self (such as that is, LOL) today.  We're still on pins and needles wondering if this weird bloat will recur as suddenly as it did yesterday.  Hopefully not.  We're going to get the stomach attaching surgery done probably next week.  Thanks to all for their good wishes.
Dear DR JMK - Please give BeeGee a pet from me.  And healing sniffs and licks in improper areas from Marty, Mikey, Bonnie, Buster and Fletcher.

François

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »

One Christmas memory I have is of the year I was single, between husbands. I usually loved to decorate for Christmas and have been collecting ornaments for many years. But that Christmas I was pretty depressed. An old high school friend who seemed interested in being more than friends was shocked that I wasn't putting up a tree.

The week before Christmas, the grocery store was giving away free trees, trying to get rid of them. Even though I still didn't feel like putting up a tree, I thought, "well, it's free..." and crammed it into my Toyota and brought it home. I left it laying in the yard beside my house for several days, still unmotivated to bring it inside. My friend stopped by and saw the poor tree. He said "That's pathetic. You should at least put it up outside even if you don't want to decorate it." So he helped me put up the tree on the porch. Having it there, even undecorated, gave me a bit more Christmas spirit, because it smelled so good.

I went to my father's on Christmas eve. When I came home I discovered the tree was decorated. It was sparse, with lots of cheap plastic baubles, but I was very touched that my friend felt it was important to do that.

The next year I was with Greg and back to decorating a tree indoors. But since we've acquired a herd of cats, I'm not sure when we'll ever have a tree indoors again. Not that I'd have time to decorate it, but I do love a tree in the house! (I guess the people in Washington aren't saying that right now...)

Lovely, lovely story!
What a moving way to show that "someone cares!".

François

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2006, 11:44:10 AM »

SHARON MCKNIGHT MUST HAVE A LOT OF BALLS TO GIVE YOU HER NUTS!

:o

I guess you mean... bowls!! ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2006, 11:45:26 AM »

Today when I purchased a white feather boa to be used as a prop in tomorrow's Christmas concert, the clerk asked me if I was going out tonight. I told her yes, that I would be partying with my feather boa and leopard-spotted tights. She looked horrified.
It would be more politically correct, not to mention exotic, if you were instead wearing a snake-skin boa, with the snake still in it!

8)

François

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

François

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »

Yeah, but who's firing Rupert Murdoch...the actual monster behind the O.J. crap...and Fox News...and every other media mediocrity...?

I wish someone could but it seems only HE can do the job!! Firing himself that is!

François

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »

Nope, this was my annual pilgrimage to SC.  The funeral is incidental.

"Love" that! Title to my next murder mystery set at Xmas time!

The Funeral Is Incidental" or Incidental Funeral!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »

Yesterday, der Brucer wrote this:

Insert picture of shoe and phone

I'll take it!!  Just get rid of the damn phone!

;)
A drag homage to Maxwell Smart, perhaps?

François

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »

I did some puppy sitting last night. I like this job!

You sat on a pup?!  Unseemly! ;)

François

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2006, 12:00:50 PM »

The day here is beyond glorious...the sun is shining, the air is sweet.  The temp is around F 68 degrees.... F 75 in sunny spots.  The surface of the pond is smooth and reflective.

It's like a little piece of heaven.

Reads like lyrics to a Xmas song!

François

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2006, 12:02:29 PM »

Yesterday, der Brucer wrote this:I'll take it!!  Just get rid of the damn phone!

;)

George, I believe you need another one like that... if you don't want to look ridiculous!! ;)

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2006, 12:22:26 PM »

Singingnymph-NO MORE COLD VIBES!
Thank you! I may be off from work, but my own classes don't break until Christmas eve. So I need all my marbles to do my homework. Can't be medicated & in bed (which actually kind of sounds like fun.)
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

You sat on a pup?!  Unseemly! ;)
LOL!
And I made money doing it!

FJL

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2006, 12:23:58 PM »

THE INCIDENTAL TSOURIS - that's the title of something about Ron P's trip

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »

While I do send warmth & safety vibes to all of our forum family in the Pac NW,  knowing that the ex is likely freezing his tushy off makes me rather happy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »

Thank you! I may be off from work, but my own classes don't break until Christmas eve. So I need all my marbles to do my homework. Can't be medicated & in bed (which actually kind of sounds like fun.)

I didn't know any schools waited so long to begin a break-tough.  

Continued good health vibes!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2006, 01:11:04 PM »

My goodness, I've been gone for a long time!

What a saga! I finally made up my mind that I was going to dive into one of the high def DVD formats, and I've chosen Blu-Ray. It has support of more studios than its rival format HD-DVD. Its discs have more storage capacity. It has the mighty Sony behind it. Sony lost out with Betamax, but it seems to be on the right side of the fence this time out. Tape recording time was the key to the win/loss in the VHS/Beta war, and I'm guessing greater capacity discs and almost full studio support (of the major studios, only Universal does not support Blu-Ray currently) will tip the scales toward Blu-Ray in this war.

At any rate, the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there is the Playstation 3 videogame machine, and we know how rare a species they are right now. But there are THOUSANDS of them for sale at Ebay, and for fun, I've been putting my lowball bids in (more for fun than anything; always below list price which practically assured I wouldn't win; folks wanted $1000 for $500 machines).

Wouldn't you know it? I was the second highest bidder on a machine yesterday, and the winner didn't claim his prize, so the seller offered me a Second Chance offer with my lowball/under retail bid as the winning bid! So, I'm going to be watching high definition DVDs within the next week or two. I had to wire the money through Western Union, and I had never done this before, so I was out and about taking care of this earlier today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2006, 01:14:46 PM »

I had time for only two DVD viewings today. I finshed up with HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1939) which I started last night. When it was over, I went back to selected scenes and listened to the commentary. I had heard the commentary before, too, but had forgotten some of the points. I never knew until this commentary that Richard Greene, who played Sir Henry, also played Sir Hugo in the flashback story.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2006, 01:16:42 PM »

Since I only had one disc to go in the MURDER SHE WROTE fourth season box, I put it in and watched the first episode on that disc. This one had Jessica visiting her niece (Kristy MacNichol) who was dating one of the rodeo cowboys. Larry Wilcox, Paul LeMat, and Terry Kiser were others in the guest cast.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

There are two more episodes on that disc, and then I have the 1938 A CHRISTMAS CAROL set out to watch. It's only 69 minutes, so should be able to squeeze in something else tonight, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »

I have some things I need to attend to before settling in for the evening's entertainment.

WBBL.

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

I'm so happy to see the NW Hainsies on the board.

Now to catch up!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2006, 02:03:35 PM »

I just stopped by the library to let everyone know that I am alive and well.  The power is back on for me (but not a lot of people), but I have no phone or internet service.  The kids and I survived the storm unscathed.  I did see Jed and Ann briefly yesterday, and they, too, made it through.  I hope to be back on line in a few days.

Hugs to all,
TCB
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »

When was the last time someone came to your home under professional circumstances, stayed 30 minutes and solved an appliance problem -- including recommending against doing anything unnecessary -- and then charged you only $25?

;D
I  think it was in a Tom of Finland story
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2006, 02:10:19 PM »

DR TomovOz:

I am so sorry not to have been online Thursday to wish you a happy birthday.

Therefore....

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]A Very Merry UnBirthday to YOU![/move][/color]

Thank you Ron. as usual it was 2 day birthday thanks to HHW.
Of course that is why I am aging at twice the rate.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2006, 02:14:08 PM »

Hello DR Ann (and Jed).  Life is not a train.  It is "catching up".
Beware of many layered cakes.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »

I enjoyed watching The Beales of Grey Gardens today. It really gives a much different perspective of Little Edie.  She actually leaves Grey Gardens several times.  The relationship between the two Edies seemed warmer to me.   Amazing what editing can do.  

I would recommed it to anyone who has seen the film Grey Gardens and would recommend both to anyone who has seen the musical but not the movies.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up