Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRAZY CHICKEN  (Read 20937 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE CRAZY CHICKEN
« on: December 27, 2003, 12:02:07 AM »

Well, you've read today's loco (crazy) notes, so you know all about what's happening, you are in the loop, in the know, and you are with it.  So, post away and I'll check in from the work environment.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 12:02:42 AM by bk »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE CRAZY CHICKEN
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 03:57:09 AM »

Oh oh oh oh....first post huzzah!!!

First first post on the new board!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 04:01:03 AM »

Yes, I figured if we posted enough credits for VOD, you MR BK would know someone who knows someone.

Most of the miniseries revolves around Anne's efforts to get a movie made, and of course Neely and Tony are starring along with Helen.  Bert Convy and Jean Simmons "sing" this song called "We were Meant to Be Lovers" and it's pretty creepy.

Neely does some "rock" songs and a production number on a ship that it pretty cheapjack looking.

It is all a disappointment, but I don't care how many people stand around and say Veronica Hamel as Jennifer is the most beautiful girl in the world....it just ain't so.  Catherine Hicks, who I really like in A RAZOR'S EDGE - is all ticks and pouts here.

Anyway.....I wouldn't mind having a soundtrack because it has some good arrangments of some screwy songs.

Thanks to DRMS for all the pictures yesterday!

Michael

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 05:04:02 AM »

DR JRAND

You look one of the Von Trappe kids!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 05:06:15 AM »

As for my favorite pasta dish I like Chicken Marsella on Linguini. I know not a really a pasta dish but not really into solo pasta dishes.
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 06:33:42 AM »

PENNE A LA VODKA

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 07:44:29 AM »

Dear esteemed, non-loco, almost-dish-enhanced, and guapo BK --

I doubt that you are at work quite yet, as it is only 7:37 AM your time right now.....you are probably scurrying around the ancestral Estate there in the City of Studio, brushing off the Savonnerie carpets, straightening up all the Fabrege Imperial eggs, and watching the help polish the Limoges and the Cristolphe.

I loved my mental picture of "macaroni and chest" as it was, I'm sure, different from your's.  Maybe I'll post a picture.....hmmmmm.

Congratulations on getting the new Dish.  Over here in the desert wasteland, the dish services can't also give us our local network  stations.  And our "over air" reception is not very good.....so we stay with Cox Cable.  However, they don't give us TRIO, and it sure sounds like it has a lot of very neat stuff on it.

As Roseanne Rosannadanna used to say... "if it's not one thing, it's another...."

Jennifer

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 07:51:44 AM »

Hey good morning everyone!

DR Panni: feel better!

I tossed and turned all night. I hate when that happens.  But it always happens to me when I have a lot on my mind :(

Not much new today.  Hope everyone has a happy Saturday.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 07:52:37 AM »

My fav. pasta dish to make and eat is my fresh pesto with linguini and pan seared shrimp with my special (and secret) spice mixture. That, combined with cheesy garlic bread are just the best...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2003, 08:03:33 AM »

My mother made the most delicious turkey tetrazinni that I have ever tasted in my life. I could eat an entire pan of it all by myself and still want more. One of the biggest regrets of my life is that I didn't get the recipe for it before she died.

I have an early New Year's party to go to tonight, and on the way to that I will be stopping at Borders to do the after-Christmas bargain buying. I want to get the novel version of WICKED to read since I've heard so much about it. A friend has a copy that I'm sure he'd be glad to loan me, and I'll take him up on that if Borders doesn't have a copy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2003, 08:05:37 AM »

BK, I'll be interested in knowing what kind of a digital video package you're subscribing to. How many channels, which movie channels, etc? Sorry, but I'm curious.

MusicGuy

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2003, 08:09:52 AM »

Now, for the QOTD --

My favorite pasta can only be narrowed down to 2 very different ones.

One is a sublime red meat sauce made by a very dear friend of our's in Chicago.  She is Austrian heritage by birth, but married into a large Italian family pretty young.  Her red meat sauce (or "gravy" as the southern Italians call it) is just simply way above all the others including my own, which I like pretty well.

The other one is a really good Pasta Carbonara.  We have had wonderful versions in Italy, and this past year BK suggested it at Dan Tana's....it was outstanding!  It is always so incredibly rich, but I just love it now and then.

MusicGuy

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2003, 08:18:43 AM »

OK, OK, the temptation and the word-picture that BK painted is just too much of a temptation!!  So, even though I can't "photoshop" the whole thing together, here is the first contribution to...

MACARONI  &  CHEST  

I think this would be an "alfredo" style....

MusicGuy

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2003, 08:19:51 AM »

While this, would be something more Sicilian, and darker with wild mushrooms....

MusicGuy

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2003, 08:21:12 AM »

I'm off to get some work done now....before dear BK whacks me on top of the head for being naughty !! :-[

td

• td
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 08:21:21 AM »

bought Colin Gregory Maguire's "Lost" for Christmas. He loved "Wicked" and I could not find a copy of "Confessions Of An Ugly Step Sister". Must look again this week as I have a book voucher to "spend".

or so Tomovoz did say.

Try finding Maguire's latest book, "Mirror, Mirror.  That's what my pseudo-sister Janet sent me for Christmas.
I'm really interested in hearing Colin's reaction to "Lost," as I found it hard to get through, and rarely interesting.

QOTD:
My former employers at Pawley's Island, SC, specialized in a multitude of pasta dishes, with their PENNE NEPTUNE and GODFATHER PIZZA being at the top of my faves.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 08:22:13 AM »

Andrea when did your mother go to Romania?  We will be going in June but have decided to meet our son in the larger cities.  Our older son and his girlfriend will be joining us.   Maybe next near we will go to the smaller towns.

It’s too early to think of food.  Keith had a horrible cough all night which kept us both awake.

The snow is really coming down now.  Echo and I should have a lovely hike later once I wake up.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2003, 08:24:40 AM »

MIRROR, MIRROR sounds good, and I may pick it up if WICKED isn't in stock. I have to confess that LOST probably wouldn't be of much interest to me either, DR td.

Jane

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2003, 08:27:28 AM »

Tomovoz I finished “Cloudstreet” last night.  Book endings can ruin a good book this one wrapped the story up nicely  :)

td

• td
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2003, 08:32:23 AM »

Well, if it's those kind of dishes we're talking about - - one of my favorite Italian dishes would be the late, great Joe Masiell:
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Danise

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 08:32:54 AM »

Good morning all!

I guess I made the house sound worse than it is.  Partly because I've hated it from the micro second I first saw it.  I remember I was in tears the first time I saw it. I didn't pick it.  I wasn't going to stay in it more than a year but fate sometimes plays funny tricks on you.  :)  

Now I want some chestnuts.  I'll have to try just broiling them.  How do you get the salt into them without soaking them?

Congrats on the dish.  That is one thing this house has.  I have to have my Sci Fi channel.  Can't live without it.  I don't really care about all the other channels.

I use Pay Per View instead of HBO, Showtime, etc. if there's a movie I want to watch. I can't see paying for 10 thousand viewings of the same thing over and over again.  If I like a movie that much, I buy it on DVD.  I know I miss out on a few shows but they always come to DVD or regular TV.  Stargate SG1 for example.  

Well, I've gotta run.  Got things to do.

Have a good day, posters and lurkers both.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Andrea

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 08:46:16 AM »

Andrea when did your mother go to Romania?  We will be going in June but have decided to meet our son in the larger cities.  Our older son and his girlfriend will be joining us.   Maybe next near we will go to the smaller towns.

Well... about 5-10 years before I was born? And I'm 20! She's romanian (canadian-born) and I've been going to romanian church since I was born. Somehow, I never managed to pick up the language, not even when I was dating the romanian alter boy.

We're a bit behind on what romania is really like right now (She was there during the cold war) so I'm sure its not that bad as she likes to describe it now!

Jane

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2003, 08:50:28 AM »

Good morning all!

I guess I made the house sound worse than it is.  Partly because I've hated it from the micro second I first saw it.  I remember I was in tears the first time I saw it. I didn't pick it.  I wasn't going to stay in it more than a year but fate sometimes plays funny tricks on you.  :)  

I have had a couple of homes like that.

I have to have my Sci Fi channel.  Can't live without it.   I use Pay Per View instead of HBO, Showtime, etc. if there's a movie I want to watch. I can't see paying for 10 thousand viewings of the same thing over and over again.  

I agree.  I believe we shall have new episodes of Stargate soon.  :)

Jane

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2003, 08:56:19 AM »

Andrea I believe things have improved.   I do know he isn’t the only one not to have hot water or heating.  Others in his building do have heating which he was promised by the landlord.  He found out the only way to get him heating is to connect to a neighbor’s, at their expense.  He is using two portable heaters in his bedroom at night.  He washes his clothes in the bathtub and hangs them outside to dry, not an easy task now that it’s winter.  He said some people have washing machines but not dryers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2003, 09:01:25 AM »

Well.....I like fetucinni alfredo with chicken strips....or plain glop - which is spaghetti with a nice sauce and lots of ground mad cow!

DR MS that's not me.....just a picture.  When I had a real photo of myself with my posts, I got a bit tired of seeing it....especially when I had multiple posts...it's all about me and I wrote it....  So now I just use something else.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 09:02:44 AM by JRand53 »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »

Quote from: Danise
[Now I want some chestnuts.  I'll have to try just broiling them.  How do you get the salt into them without soaking them?]

Why do you need salt? They're delicious as is.
One day I'll post the recipe for the most wonderful chestnut sauce to have with meat dishes.
There's also, of course, yummy chestnut cake. You can buy chestnut puree (very expensive, but delish) at most gourmet grocery shoppes (and some non-gourmet ones, I'm sure). Chestnut puree flavored with rum, topped with real whipped cream. To die for.

Danise

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2003, 09:08:24 AM »

Salt-Aholic here.  Everything HAS to have salt.  Tomatos, apples, lemons.  I am trying to cut down.  I'm not allowed to eat seeds or nuts anymore so I can't have sunflower salt err seeds.  Sigh.  Chestnuts are soft so I think they are safe but they DO have to have salt.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 09:15:13 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2003, 09:22:51 AM »

Hmmm...

Angel Hair Chest: Please see yesterday's pic of Hugh Jackman!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2003, 09:30:26 AM »

There is a pasta dish whose name is something like pasta puscatana (I know it when I see it on a menu) which is an anchovy sauce.  I know that anchovies are an acquired taste, but I've loved them since I was a kid, probably because my parents did too.  Whenever we got pizza it was anchovy and my mother made a delicious appetizer spread with anchovies, cream cheese and caraway seeds that she used to serve with the tiny pieces of rye bread called cocktail rye.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Danise

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2003, 09:32:01 AM »

Ann, I know I'm looking forward to new Stargate shows!  I love it.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up