Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DIET RIGHT  (Read 20851 times)

Jason

Re:DIET RIGHT
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2003, 08:52:28 AM »

You know, I might make Senior Member today if I'm lucky. :D

Thanks for all the good wishes re. the mail issue. I hope they nab the S.O.B. (and I wish Ms. Andrews-Edwards would keep her shirt on this time). Has anyone noticed that her last names are both men's names, only pluralized? Is that a word--pluralized?

Jason

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 08:54:27 AM »

Wow! That was a very isoteric, stream-of-consciousness type of post, wasn't it? Yikes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2003, 09:05:03 AM »

DR PANNI if I see more than one movie a day at a theatre, my time-space continuim is distrupted - so my hat is off to you and your daughter!

Wonder how DRJane is doing today?  DRMBARNUM what are you doing at work...I read in the paper that Oregon was closed because of the snow!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2003, 09:14:21 AM »

They are, at last, forecasting some snow for Western Washington.  The storm is supposed to move in this afternoon or evening, but, at most, we might get three inches of the white stuff.  Hardly a crisis, unless you have previously witnessed how Washingtonians drive when the "s" word is mentioned.

Ann -- stop laughing!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2003, 09:23:17 AM »

JRand53, I made it into work today, again...rain, nor sleet, nor snow...it is mighty chilly and the snow has turned to ice. More snow is predicted tonight!

I learned the joys of shoveling snow out of the driveway last night. My back is aching now! Still and all, snow looks very pretty, especially in my neighborhood!

And it would take a nuclear blast before any of our state agencies would closed down for the day...so no days off for me!  :'(

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2003, 09:27:14 AM »

LOL TCB, I know what you mean...Oregonians don't really know what to do when it snows...we either panic (like me) or feel indestructible...and slide around a lot! I find it best to stay off the roads if I can, during this type of weather!

My cat Freddy didin't quite know what to make of all the white stuff!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2003, 09:28:04 AM »

So sad!  :'(

DRJASON your pictures yesterday were great.  I think all the DR should post photographs of their work spaces in the coming year so we can see their natural habitats!

Of course those of us who are NOT digital will have to shoot and scan - but we can do it!  ;D

I had two CD's listed yesterday that should have been listed today, DRMATTH's list reminded me:

MAME soundtrack and GYPSY soundtrack should have been on today's list....it's today!  ::)

And Avenue Q should have been on my list yesterday!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2003, 09:30:11 AM »

LOL TCB, I know what you mean...Oregonians don't really know what to do when it snows...we either panic (like me) or feel indestructible...and slide around a lot! I find it best to stay off the roads if I can, during this type of weather!

My cat Freddy didin't quite know what to make of all the white stuff!

What I love are the people driving down the perfectly clear freeway with chains on their tires -- sparking all the way!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2003, 09:40:21 AM »

You mean like this, DRTCB?  ;D

Jason

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2003, 09:44:41 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good vibes to Juliana, who will be going on as Millie tonight! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William E. Lurie

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2003, 09:48:30 AM »

Jrand - It's a mixture of gay characters, gay themes  and gay creators plus a lot about divas beloved by gays.  It's also one of those books with pages and pages of footnotes at the end - like he is writing a college thesis and trying to impress his professor (even though he is a professor himself).

I'm glad other DRs who are familiar with the book agree with me.  I got it from a closeout sale, so at least it only cost me about $5.  Even the choice of pictures is a little weird.  There are only 4 pictures: a gay cowboy  from WHEN PIGS FLY; topless ballet dancer John Kirza (who my father went to high school with) as Billy the Kid; John Cameron Mitchell as Hedwig; and the topless swans from Matthew Bourne's SWAN LAKE.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2003, 09:58:52 AM »

Have any DRs read a book called SOMETHING FOR THE BOYS by John M. Clum?...
Yes, I have read the book, or managed to read part of it.  I feel sorry for Mr. Clum, for two reasons.  First, he has so little to relate to in life.  Second, can you imagine a last name less gay than Clum?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2003, 10:12:21 AM »

Who is PennyO and why isn't PennyO posting? Perhaps it's Penny O'Marshall. Wouldn't that be a hoot? (and a stretch?)

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2003, 10:43:21 AM »

Well, whom ever PennyO is, I hope she/he will come and join the fun here at HHW!  :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2003, 10:45:24 AM »

Thanks, WEL & SWW.   I love HHW - you can find out what to buy and what NOT to buy!  :P

Oh dear we have an attorney on television here in Indy with a lovely hairpiece and a great non-gay name:

Vaughn Walmsley.  ;D

And yes Super Vibes to Julianna tonight!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]`````````````````````````````````````[/move]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 10:50:19 AM by JRand53 »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2003, 10:48:42 AM »

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, Dear Readers.  

I am not really in a position to contribute to today's top ten request, but I look forward to reading what everyone else has to say.

I I was prepared to not like the latter, yet found it rather endearing and fully enjoyed Jack Black's performance.

I concur with both statements.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2003, 10:52:51 AM »

You know, I might make Senior Member today if I'm lucky. :D

Thanks for all the good wishes re. the mail issue. I hope they nab the S.O.B.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Good wishes to your success![/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2003, 10:58:38 AM »

British Star Patricia Roc has passed away.   :'(

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2003, 11:03:05 AM »

I've read the notes, and yesterday's posts. I still have to finish reading today's posts.

Thanks for all the nice wishes. I'm still not feeling great. But I'm not as anxious as I was (I hate that).

I saw something so depressing (to me at least):

http://web.playbill.com/news/article/83536.html

"HBO's Sex and the City begins airing the final eight new episodes of its last season on the cable network, Jan. 4 at 9 PM (ET)."

Oh why don't we get HBO here :(
I can't believe I will have to wait an extra 3-4 months to see the last 8 episodes of my favorite show (when Bravo Canada airs them).

Jason

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2003, 11:04:38 AM »

They say that deaths come in threes...first Ms. Roc, and now the actor who played Wilson (the guy behind the fence) on HOME IMPROVEMENT. So sad...I wonder who the third will be...?

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2003, 11:06:24 AM »

Oh and BK, between your no-fat diet and my no-carb diet, we should be in good shape. I think I would be in better shape if I started exercising everyday again. It's so hard in the winter (in the summer I bike everyday).

I started doing pilates 3 times a week. But I haven't felt like it the past 2 weeks.

But I have no appetite. So I think I should lose my remaining pounds quite easily :)

Btw, I am SO VERY HAPPY that all of the people who were coming here on New Year's eve are now going elsewhere. I will go to dinner. But then come home. I just really have no desire to be at a party.

Btw2, BK you are so slim: how come you are always on a diet?  And does the no-fat work?

Jane

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2003, 11:07:51 AM »

Wonder how DRJane is doing today?  DRMBARNUM what are you doing at work...I read in the paper that Oregon was closed because of the snow!

I’m suffering from sore muscles today thank you.  I told Keith I’m not shoveling again today.  I swear, he is the only person to do hard physical work with a fever, only to find it made him well.  His fever broke after shoveling and has stayed down.  He is outside now finishing our driveway.  I’m going to take Echo for a walk then go to the market and the vet’s before we get snowed in again.  Bogie, who eats special prescription food, is on his last can of food.  Our son, who grew up on the east coast, said in Portland an inch or two of snow is a major occurrence & everyone starts driving around five miles an hour.  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2003, 11:14:37 AM »

Fav CDs acquired over the year would include:

Rod McKuen, In Search of Eros...an album of his poetry that I've had since college finally got released  on CD this year.

Miklos Rozsa's score to THE KING'S THIEF

Erich Wolfang Korngold, The Warner Years, twoCD set.

My two Guy Haines sings the tunes from Benjamin Kritzer and Kritzerland albums.

Two Vic Damone albums, Tender is the Night and Closer Than A Kiss...the second two CDs.

Two Tony Perkins sings albums...the names of which escape for the moment.  He has a perfectly pleasant voice.

Jane

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2003, 11:17:08 AM »

They say that deaths come in threes...first Ms. Roc, and now the actor who played Wilson (the guy behind the fence) on HOME IMPROVEMENT. So sad...I wonder who the third will be...?

Very sad about Earl Hindman.  For more on him read the following link.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/1203/30hindman.html

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2003, 11:18:13 AM »

Thanks, WEL & SWW.   I love HHW - you can find out what to buy and what NOT to buy!  :P

If only I could have had HHW two years ago......

Back then, I ordered Something for the Boys online as a gift for a theater friend, but didn't bother doing any research on it first.  When it first arrived, she told me how thrilled she was with the gift, but then every few weeks she would make another comment about the book, each one less  favorable than the one before it.  Her final comment was something along the line of it had a little more of a gay agenda than I was comfortable with.[/b]

I certainly learned my lesson about reading up on a gift before you give it to someone.
“One thing’s universal,

William E. Lurie

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2003, 11:19:58 AM »

Actually, Jason, Ms. Roc and Earl Hindman (best known for playing Bob Reid on RYAN'S HOPE for sixteen years) make four when you consider Alan Bates and Isabelle Stevenson.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2003, 11:20:01 AM »

DR Jane: You wouldn't believe what people in Montreal do when it snows. They are crazy. They drive in any weather at ridiculous speeds. I am a very cautious driver.  And it's crazy when we have freezing rain or snow. You'll see me on the highway in the right lane, with cars whizzing past me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2003, 11:22:10 AM »

DR CHARLES POGUE are you familiar with the songs that Mr Rod McKuen wrote for ROCK PRETTY BABY and SUMMER LOVE where he played a member of John Saxon's jiving band?

I have those soundtracks...some pretty nice stuff.  My favorite is 'Rock and Roll Lullaby'  "sung" by John Wilder, and 'Can I Get a Little Love'...whew....Universal International really knew rock and roll!  

McKuen's songs inthe flicks are a bit more introspective...

Jane

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2003, 11:23:23 AM »

DR Jane: You wouldn't believe what people in Montreal do when it snows. They are crazy. They drive in any weather at ridiculous speeds. I am a very cautious driver.  And it's crazy when we have freezing rain or snow. You'll see me on the highway in the right lane, with cars whizzing past me.

I can believe it.  Guess it is better when they drive extra slow.  But thanks for the laugh anyway.  Now I really must walk Echo.  She was very upset we just shoveled snow yesterday instead of playing in it.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2003, 11:24:05 AM »

Woody has been taking unseemly pictures of our unsuspecting pups - Bonnie & Buster

der Brucer (wondering if BK will post before and after shots of his notewothy abs/buns)

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up