Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHEERLEADER  (Read 39112 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE CHEERLEADER
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2007, 08:39:17 AM »

And as for DR MBarnum not liking "weiners in the morning"... Well, I've always thought of DR MBarnum as a one weiner man.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »

Let's all go to the lobby,
Let's all go to the lobby...
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »

I liked the little pig (I think his name was Wilbur ??) on Green Acres

And all the little cats and dogs that played the title characters in "Milo and Otis" -- I love that movie -- they are so cuuute!

and I love spider monkeys (I guess that's what those little monkeys are) in just about any thing -- have you seen the new commerical where the elephant goes to get things at the store for his sick master -- and right at the end you can see the little moneky in the corner pulling all the tissues out of the box -- cracks me up -- I think it's the same kind of monkey in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies...anyway those little monkeys always make me laugh

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »

The other word of the day is:  PSYCHOMEATRY -- the psychic ability to divine future wiener consumption.

So that's what I had yesterday!  It must come and go and that's why I didn't get the wiener eating vibes from DR JRand...it wasn't a dream, it wasn't a premonition, it wasn't Freud -- it was psychomeatry.  I'm a psychomeatrist!

Miss Karen

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »

Things to do, places to go, so time to say Aidos!  ...Hey, send out safe, happy travel vibes for DS Case -- it's back to LA for him today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »

The other word of the day is:  PSYCHOMEATRY -- the psychic ability to divine future wiener consumption.

Very good!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 08:56:40 AM »

TOD:
No favorite animals. I believe I mentioned once that my uncle was the director of photography on LASSIE for many years and that all shows which employed family members were mandatory viewing when I was growing up. It just dawned on me, too, that although I visited many, many movie sets as a child and met many stars, I was never on the LASSIE set, so I never met Lassie in person! (I believe that LASSIE was shot at Hal Roach studio in Culver City, which is where BK shot First Nudie Musical many years later. ) My uncle was given many gifts related to the show, including drinking glasses with a picture of Lassie on them. How's that for movie trivia!

Nudie Musical was shot at then Producer's Studio across from Paramount.  The Creature Wasn't Nice was shot at the old Selznick Studios/Laird/The Culver Studios in Culver City.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:32 AM »

Zippy's finest hour was the Bilko show called The Court Martial of Harry Speakup.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2007, 08:58:08 AM »

Guess I'll try to get the shipping and errands part of the day out of the way early.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2007, 09:00:50 AM »

I asked DH Keith the question of the day.  His response is King Kong Jr. in the Son of Kong.  ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2007, 09:03:50 AM »

DR JEANNE - also filmed on the Hal Roach/Roland Reed lot:

My Little Margie - and later The Gale Storm Show
The Stu Erwin Show
Rocky Jones, Space Ranger

Your uncle wasn't Walter Strenge, was he?

No, my uncle was Eddie Fitzgerald. He also filmed Oh, Susanna!, which is why I remember it,  I believe one of the Lassie films (as opposed to the TV show), and Alfred Hitchcock's The Rope. Unfortunately, so much family history was lost. I was just a little girl and since the entire family worked in motion picutres and TV, so much was taken for granted. My cousin Marion, Eddie's step-daughter, is the only survivor from that era in the family, and she's forgotten a lot. Marion, BTW, was originally chosen to be the little girl in the Our Gang comedy, but Eddie wouldn't allow it. There was another little girl, about the same age, living down the street, whose father was absent. Eddie suggested they use her instead, because the family needed the money. They did. Don't ask me her name--I don't recall. I respect these stories as family history, but I also know that memories are imperfect and that there may be some discrepancies. Marion also threw out a lot of photos, which I will NEVER forgive her for! Now we're getting to Too Much Information.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2007, 09:04:21 AM »

So that's what I had yesterday!  It must come and go and that's why I didn't get the wiener eating vibes from DR JRand...it wasn't a dream, it wasn't a premonition, it wasn't Freud -- it was psychomeatry.  I'm a psychomeatrist!

Don't forget to add the PSYCHO after your name, just like the MD's do...impress your friends!  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »

Thanks DR JEANNE.....very interesting!!!

Your uncle probably photographed the Gale Storm-Robby the Robot tete a tete.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2007, 09:06:19 AM »

Nudie Musical was shot at then Producer's Studio across from Paramount.  The Creature Wasn't Nice was shot at the old Selznick Studios/Laird/The Culver Studios in Culver City.

Oops, sorry, BK. Yes, but the old Selznick Studio is also the old Hal roach.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »

Now we're getting to Too Much Information.

Not at all Jeanne! I love this kind of info! I want to hear more about your family, what they did and what movies/shows they worked on!!! You have never mentioned all of this before!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2007, 09:10:22 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, Dan (the Man).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2007, 09:11:24 AM »

Jeanne-Definately not too much info.  It is very interesting & sad the photos were tossed.  I know how that feels.  No one seems to have a photo of my mother's father.  I have no idea what he looked like.

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2007, 09:12:35 AM »

I love Flipper!!!

And Ace the Wonder dog who appeared in several B movies of the late 30s and 40s including the Rusty films and one of my favorite films, ROOKIE COP (1939). What a beautiful pup!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2007, 09:17:29 AM »

Knowing how learned DR JRand is in such matters, I'm sure that he has the ability to put up psychomeatry barriers, which block out your probing.  Perhaps, with practice and training, you will someday become stronger in the use of your gift and be able to peek behind such mental curtains.

Of course, DR JRand might also fight back your probes.  This might result in a psychic battle not unlike that between Amy Irving and Andrew Stevens in THE FURY, except with metaphysical hot dogs.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2007, 09:17:47 AM »

Hmm... I keep checking the weather forecast for the next few days, and the chance of snow for Wednesday morning here in NYC seem be more than a "chance" right now.  -As is the clipper system coming through starting tonight.  Guess I should wear my heavy coat to the theatre tonight.

In any case, I have an early flight out on Wednesday, so if there are some delays, at least I have a day of "options" ahead of me.  Hopefully.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »

I have never been on a jury --- YET!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2007, 09:22:38 AM »

And one more shot before I go!  Last night, DR MBarnum wrote:
   And I am not that fond of weiners in the morning.

After all the flack I got for two days about using my hand, not one vicious DRs commented on this post.  For shame, people!  Are you losing your touch?

You dare to mention the word "touch" in a post lambasting us for our persistent heckling of you and your hand?  It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

Speaking of touch, I was at a little awards ceremony here in Prescott yesterday afternoon for the local Fine Arts Association scholarship competition -- Heather had won a couple of awards (2nd place in the classical voice, musical theatre, and drama competitions :D) and some scholarship money, so I went to be her cheerleader [end shameful allusion to today's notes].  Well, to make a long story short, in the program, they had each kid's name and next to it, one or two sentences either quoting them about their respective field of art or their college plans, etc.  Well, one of the kids who did a visual art piece had given an "inspiring" quote, that - thanks to the mindset you all put me in - I knew I had to come back and share.  So here goes:

"Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible."

I had to stifle my laughter when I first noticed that right in the middle of one of the first place kid's performance... :D
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »

Cason, lovely avatar of you and your freind.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2007, 09:27:06 AM »

Knowing how learned DR JRand is in such matters, I'm sure that he has the ability to put up psychomeatry barriers, which block out your probing.  Perhaps, with practice and training, you will someday become stronger in the use of your gift and be able to peek behind such mental curtains.

Of course, DR JRand might also fight back your probes.  This might result in a psychic battle not unlike that between Amy Irving and Andrew Stevens in THE FURY, except with metaphysical hot dogs.

With music by Lalo Schrifrin, no doubt!!   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »

I love Flipper!!!

And Ace the Wonder dog who appeared in several B movies of the late 30s and 40s including the Rusty films and one of my favorite films, ROOKIE COP (1939). What a beautiful pup!

If the Dog had been the star of that movie, DR MBARNUM, wouldn't it have been called The Bitch From God's Country?  :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2007, 09:28:18 AM »

I think that subconsciously, DR CASON, that is the SAME goal we all have. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »

Bandit... Laura's dog on Little House on the Prairie...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »

However one of my all time favorites is Moose who was Eddie in Frasier...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: SITOPHOBIA!
A HIP OBOIST, Myrtle by name, was stricken with a bad case of SITOPHOBIA and eventually just blew away.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up