Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNS  (Read 51990 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNS
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2007, 11:32:35 AM »

Lovely pictures Laura!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

Page 5 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2007, 11:34:44 AM »

Thanks DR MUSIC GUY.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

oh well....I bought the album that DRJENNIFER pictured above.

I only paid 11.98 + tax at WalMart for Mr Elliott Yamin.  I can't say I don't like the CD....but it's not what I really wanted to hear.  I like Elliott's voice a lot, but the song selection is not so hot - for me anyway.

Many of the songs have 15-20 second instrumental intros....and technically the whole album is a mess....  Not much balance and the vocals are sometimes hard to find in the music.

I think I will be more excited about Elliott's next CD which I hope will be STANDARDS or songs I know...or songs by real songwriters...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »

Nothing in 3/4 at the end of "Murder" so I guess the answer is yes.  "Murder" is one of my favorite numbers in the show.  Actually, I like a good deal of the music, if not all.  Well, I'm not a fan of "Someone Like You".

Hmm... Now I remember what I had to add... In the final chorus.. "Murder, Murder in the... <slam>.."  I had to add a beat.  I can't remember which recording has it that way, but I love it that way.  Otherwise, it just seemed to square.  -And our choreographer loved the extra beat for all the newspaper stuff we did in the number.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

oh well....I bought the album that DRJENNIFER pictured above.

I only paid 11.98 + tax at WalMart for Mr Elliott Yamin.  I can't say I don't like the CD....but it's not what I really wanted to hear.  I like Elliott's voice a lot, but the song selection is not so hot - for me anyway.

Many of the songs have 15-20 second instrumental intros....and technically the whole album is a mess....  Not much balance and the vocals are sometimes hard to find in the music.

I think I will be more excited about Elliott's next CD which I hope will be STANDARDS or songs I know...or songs by real songwriters...

Yep, it's quite the mixed bag of an album.  You can tell that he did what he wanted to do.  -When a stronger producer probably would have helped the flow of the album - and some of the song choices.

*I'm guessing the album cover was taken before he had his teeth fixed - since he's not smiling.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »

OMG - Jekyll & Hyde....whew!

Emma's song "Once Upon a Dream" drives me *&(ing nuts!  Maria only sang "....the sound of music....." a couple of times in the TITLE song.  Emma says "...once upon a dream...."  too much....it's awful.  And I have to say when I saw the show (an Equity touring company), I hated to hear that piano hit a few keys, because not EVERY moment is worth a song.  And not every character has to sing a solo....or even sing for that matter.  There were times I didn't want to STOP for a song...and each of those songs STOPS the show....and not necessarily in a good way.

The Lucy we saw was singing her BIG number the night we saw it and started stylin' and profilin' and lost her place.....the conductor finally stopped the music and she caught up....he rejoined her for the end of the song and then she ran offstage.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »

Yep, it's quite the mixed bag of an album.  You can tell that he did what he wanted to do.  -When a stronger producer probably would have helped the flow of the album - and some of the song choices.

*I'm guessing the album cover was taken before he had his teeth fixed - since he's not smiling.

;D

There you go, DR JOSE.  I guess that's what I was trying to say.  You are correct.  Mr Yamin needed a stronger producer!   8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2007, 11:43:51 AM »

Emma's song "Once Upon a Dream" drives me *&(ing nuts!  Maria only sang "....the sound of music....." a couple of times in the TITLE song.  Emma says "...once upon a dream...."  too much....it's awful.  And I have to say when I saw the show (an Equity touring company), I hated to hear that piano hit a few keys, because not EVERY moment is worth a song.  And not every character has to sing a solo....or even sing for that matter.  There were times I didn't want to STOP for a song...and each of those songs STOPS the show....and not necessarily in a good way.

The Lucy we saw was singing her BIG number the night we saw it and started stylin' and profilin' and lost her place.....the conductor finally stopped the music and she caught up....he rejoined her for the end of the song and then she ran offstage.

;)

And then there was that night during the Broadway run where Linda Eder had lost her voice, but in order not to disappoint her fans, they had her go on stage, and whenever a song came up, they had Emily Skinner sing the songs on-mic, off-stage!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2007, 11:47:13 AM »

;)

And then there was that night during the Broadway run where Linda Eder had lost her voice, but in order not to disappoint her fans, they had her go on stage, and whenever a song came up, they had Emily Skinner sing the songs on-mic, off-stage!

Was her fan pleased?  :P

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »

Good morning all --

Just got back from taking Heather to the Burbank Airport.  Sooooo much simpler than schlepping down to LAX and battling the crowds there... :P
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2007, 11:54:02 AM »

And of course, a VERY happy birthday to DR Rodzinski!!!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

Burbank Airport.

Atta boy, Luther!

FJL

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »

When they said "beautiful downtown Burbank," was that sarcastic or is downtown Burbank really beautiful?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:33 PM »

When they said "beautiful downtown Burbank," was that sarcastic or is downtown Burbank really beautiful?

Not from my experience...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2007, 12:35:17 PM »

Taken from Boo-Key's car?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2007, 12:36:38 PM »

Mr BK is this YOUR El Portal?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »

RODZINSKY- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  

WISHING YOU A VERY SPECIAL DAY!   [/b]

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »

DR Ginny, thanks for the info and the link.

DR DearReaderLaura, thanks for the photos.  Zach and I want to travel the routes you travel!

Edisaurus

« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »

We up on the Quad's website in "coming soon". No showtimes yet, though.

http://www.quadcinema.com/static/quadcinema/coming.php

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »

I sort of found the commercial online.

It's the 4th commercial this puppy watches.  Sherlock comes on when he sings about "fun" with a baby sitting next to him!   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvspBS88AAA

Thank you for finding it-very cute.  It’s a bit blurry though, once my eyes recovered from I will have see if I can pause on the puppy.  He is a Bernese Mountain Dog, however, to the trained eye he doesn't look like Sherlock  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:47:23 PM by Jane »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »

Congrats to DR EDISAURUS, and S & VQ!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »

Thank you for finding it-very cute.  It’s a bit blurry though, once my eyes recovered from I will have see if I can pause on the puppy.  He is a Bernese Mountain Dog, however, to the trained eye he doesn't look like Sherlock;D

My eyes are ANYTHING but trained to be sure!  LOL   8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »

Mr BK is this YOUR El Portal?

Yes, that's where we were doing Deceit last year at this time, and also where we taped Kevin's show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »

All packages have been shipped, with the exception of one amazon order, and two store orders, both of which I'm hoping will go out later today.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »

We up on the Quad's website in "coming soon". No showtimes yet, though.

http://www.quadcinema.com/static/quadcinema/coming.php

I wonder if the girls would have defied the law & ended up in prison if he weren't filming them.  Do you know if they were there long or harmed?

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »

DR Laura-Lovely flowers, especially appreciated on this rainy day.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »

That's exactly what we are trying to avoid with changing the sound of some "those" songs

Jane

« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »

Three nights in a row now we have watched a movie.  That is unusual for us.  First the feel good Betty Hutton film THE STORK CLUB, followed by THE PERILS OF PAULINE.  

Last night we watched a wonderful film , KINKY BOOTS.  Chiwetel Ejiofor is an amazing actor.  Until the end of the film we didn’t realize it had been inspired by a true story.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up