Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: STURM UND DRANG  (Read 52715 times)

Miss Karen

Re:STURM UND DRANG
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2007, 09:07:59 AM »

Dreams.

Dreaming about Sanjaya singing in that crazy mohawk would keep me up, too.  He is a nightmare for sure...

Miss Karen

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »

And how come the time on this site is about 12 minutes ahead of everywhere else?

There's no denying that HHW is ahead of its time -- the other sites are probably so jealous...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:14:50 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2007, 09:14:10 AM »

And you were attending as the wife of...whom?   ;)

Good one  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2007, 09:15:03 AM »

Gosh dang, I was hoping those B musicals would be playing in June! Elmore sent me that list some time back but I had forgotten what month they were playing...do go and see some of them Rodzinski, and report back...I am envious!

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »

Gee, I still have more than 10 pages to read from last night!

So i have not seen any comments on IDOL or LOST yet.

re: IDOL eliminations

It's so weird to me how a person can be in the bottom 2 one week (chris r and sanjaya) and then be safe in the weeks to come. I guess if we were going to get rid of sanjaya it had to be before his "fans" realized he was in real danger.

I knew he would not go last night. But i was really annoyed that he was not at least in the bottom 3.  No offense to the people who vote for him if they actually like him, but it's making me really annoyed at those who are voting cause they think/know he's the worst. I really do not want to see/hear this kid anymore.

I was sort of expecting haley and phil to be bottom 3. I was not too sure how popular chris s was. But since i gathered the guys were less popular than the girls it had to be him or sanjaya in the bottom.

I probably would have rather seen haley go (since i think chris has more talent). But i didn't really care either way. I liked chris so much in the beginning. but i have found that i've cared for him less and less each week.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »

And a very quick and fleeting "Morning, G'Day, and Hellooooo" to all of the lovelies here.  It's a pretty morning here (calm and almost no wind) , and I think I get to go flying with DR Laura's ever-lovin' Don.

In fact,.... I know I do, 'cause I just talked to Don on the phone.

[And, in my best Wylie Post voice....] " Hi Will --- lets go flying!"

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »

When I was the Credit Union representative at Bi-Mart # 633 I would, once a year, attend the rep's meeting in Eugene. One year I won a (for the time) nice radio/cassette player. That was around 1987 or so.

And I won BK's Cinderella CD as a sparkling prize a couple of years ago. I listen to it quite often.

Ben

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2007, 09:19:23 AM »

Tom, what a great page. Yes, I remember Mayor McCarty and I remember the song!

I scrolled down the site and found a recording by Ramon Navarro! Anthony will be very excited.

They also have tracks from the Tony Randall and Jack Klugman LP called The Odd Couple Sings!

What a collection of stuff. I'll bookmark this page and go back.

Miss Karen

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2007, 09:20:29 AM »

I have oft wondered this myself...

It's very disconcerting to read posts that were posted in the future.

Unless they contained the winning Powerball numbers...we must figure out a way to make the HHW time continuum work to our advantage...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2007, 09:20:34 AM »

Good morning, HHW!

31 pages of posts from yesterday!! As DR PENNYO would say, Sheesh!

And four pages so far today. Where's the HHW speed-reading course?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »

TOD:

I won an essay contest once. I think I won a couple of them, in fact.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »

Must off to my Other Life.

Happy posting!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:24:59 AM by Jeanne »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2007, 09:28:08 AM »

I was not surprised at all that Chris Richardson was safe. I think his fans assumed last week he was in no danger and voted for others or didn't vote at all, and the bottom two announcement was a wake-up call.

It's absurd that the good singers are exiting before Sanjaya, but so far no one who has been eliminated was a favorite of mine to win, so I've been able to stand the fact that Sanjaya is still on the show.

Still, if people are voting for him knowing he's the worst, then I blame the judges for ever picking him in the first place to be among the semifinalists. They got what they wanted, and now they have to live with it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Back to work today.

TOD -

DH Richard's heart

In 9th grade, a dictionary with my name engraved on it, from the Detroit News for writing

In grad school, the University of Michigan School of Library Science Edmon Low Award

Here at HHW, BK's Burt Bacharach album as the sparkling prize in a trivia contest
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:50 AM »

RE: last night's LOST.

SPOILERS

I'm sure this episode will divide fans (half will love it, half will hate it) but i really loved it.

It's surprising since i did not like niki and paulo (the two plane crash survivors who appeared out of no where this season).

I loved how this episode focused on their whole journey (for all seasons). Showing how they fit into various scenes. Showing how the scenes we've seen them in this year fit into the big picture.

And my gosh the ending was chilling!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:34:01 AM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2007, 09:36:21 AM »

Good one  ;D

Cheeky monkeys, the both of you.

Just remember, He who snarks shall be snarked in return!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2007, 09:37:51 AM »

Heading down now to clean up for lunch out with friends today.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, being snarked by you would be the highlight of my day!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »

I probably would have rather seen haley go (since i think chris has more talent). But i didn't really care either way. I liked chris so much in the beginning. but i have found that i've cared for him less and less each week.

You're right.  Chris Sligh has the best male voice of any of the top 12.  The problem is, I believe, that he simply refused to take the advice of any of the pros brought in to advise them on their vocals.

Each week, IIRC, the guest pro would say something about Chris' tendencies to ignore the basic structure of a song.  He never took their advice and his song performances have pretty much been all over the place and not memorable at all.

Having a voice isn't enough. One must learn to use it properly.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »

Good morning, HHW!

31 pages of posts from yesterday!! As DR PENNYO would say, Sheesh!

Yes...and it's too bad we can't compost it all.  Imagine how well our gardens would grow!

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2007, 09:44:33 AM »

I was not surprised at all that Chris Richardson was safe. I think his fans assumed last week he was in no danger and voted for others or didn't vote at all, and the bottom two announcement was a wake-up call.

I watched his "last-week" performance last night on tape.  It was wonderful.  And Simon praised him fully for it.

Tuesday night, though, Simon again praised his performance but then had the brass to tell him his song choice the previous week was what got him into trouble.

Sure....but Sanjaya's didn't get HIM into trouble...neither his choice nor his delivery.

I find Simon's comments on the mark about 95% of the time.  But the other 5% often stand out as something blatantly idiotic.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:55:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2007, 09:50:30 AM »

SPOILERS

I loved how this episode focused on their whole journey (for all seasons). Showing how they fit into various scenes. Showing how the scenes we've seen them in this year fit into the big picture.

And my gosh the ending was chilling!

I loved the mix of humor and drama.  I loved Sawyer's inability to recall who they were.

Mostly, though, I found it a bit disconcerting to witness Charlie's confession to Sun about the faux kidnapping he and Sawyer concocted as a diversion when Sawyer took and hid the guns.

It seems to me, in the cold light of day, that this was a moment in which Charlie got to clear his conscience of something and ask for forgiveness.  

Given the nature of this season's revelations about Desmond's "visions" of Charlie's impending demise, which Desmond's actions keep delaying, this seems more than a bit ominous to me.

Of course, it may be that Charlie is cleansing his spirit in preparation for something else, too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:56:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »

Oh, yes.  I lOVED the bits with Arzt!

Having just watched Season 1, I still have fits of giggles when I recall the episode that introduced Arzt....the one in which Jack, Locke, Kate, Hurley and Arzt set out for the Black Rock and the dynamite.

Best line came from Hurley after a stick of dynamite blew Arzt to smithereens:

"Dude......!"

Next best line, later in the episode, also from Hurley and directed toward Jack:

"Dude.....you've got some Arzt on you."

Third best line was from Arzt -- directed at Hurley -- just before Locke and Jack bring a box of dynamite from the cargo hold of the Black Rock:

"Some of us here have lost weight!"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:54:24 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »

I thought it telling how Simon didn't even seem to know the song "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying." Great thing someone so knowledgeable is a guru.

But I think you make a great point, MattH. When you are talking about whittling down from the thousands of people who auditioned for the show, when you come to the top 20, the three "judge" people should not allow anyone in there who they would not be comfortable winning it all. If Sanjaya wins, and I can definitely see him becoming such a cultural phenomenon that he does, they've only themselves to blame.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »

On the other hand, they won't really be blaming themselves, but congratulating themselves because of the ratings a Sanjaya vs anti-Sanjaya showdown would bring.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »

SPOILERS

I'm sure this episode will divide fans (half will love it, half will hate it) but i really loved it.

I didn't hate last night's episode, but I was disappointed.  The producers had been hinting that there was a lot more to Nikki and Paolo than meets the eye but I was expecting more than this.  It strikes me that an awful lot of effort (not to mention expense) went into what essentially resulted into a little morality play that served as a filler episode.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2007, 10:29:29 AM »

Cheeky monkeys, the both of you.

;)

Let the snarking begin, Mr. P "I Pity the Fool" Pulliam ... bring it on!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »

I loved the mix of humor and drama.  I loved Sawyer's inability to recall who they were.

Now that was funny!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2007, 10:32:24 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam, being snarked by you would be the highlight of my day!

Ding ~ I luuuvv you!  :-*

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2007, 10:33:59 AM »

When you least expect it, there I'll be.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up