Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: ROLLERCOASTER  (Read 64547 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:ROLLERCOASTER
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »

I would like to see more theatrical productions of Shakespeare someday. My goal is to eventually go to the Shakespearean festival they have in lower Ontario in the summer.  I would love to see the following:

The Tempest
Othello
Merchant of Venice
Merry Wives of Windsor
Hamlet
Scottish Play
Julius Ceasar
Taming of the Shrew

I do recall seeing a television broadcast of Julius Ceasar many years ago in high school and I wonder if it was not the version that DR Elmore mentioned. I am intrigued by the comments about Laurence Olivier's Shakespearean films will search to see if they are available anywhere. I do vaguely remember seeing Richard III but not enough to comment.

I have seen West Side Story and I forgot it had elements of Shakespeare in it. It reminded me of Romeo and Juliet. I greatly enjoyed it. Another older film that I liked was Lion in Winter
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Miss Karen

« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »

And, look, DCelt has joined the new avatar par-tay!  It's cool looking, too! Looks like an album cover from the 1960s..

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »

Cool avatar, DR Jose -- very artistic with the colors, pose and lighting .. and representative of you and your art...so it is very nice....but where are your hands (?!..hmmmm?) shouldn't they be up on the keyboard? ... but then maybe not, your house, your rules....

Thanks, DR Miss Karen et other DRs.  Fun with the self-timer.

As for where my hands were/are... Read the caption.  ;)  -It was Camelot, so there were plenty of long "breaks".
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2007, 10:58:47 AM »

This may come as a surprise to everyone, but I have never seen a Shakespearean play.

And the only movie base on one of his plays that I have seen is the 1948 Macbeth...and I skipped through most of it as I just wanted to see the scenes that Peggy Webber was in. She later went on to make some wonderful films like THE SPACE CHILDREN and THE SCREAMING SKULL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »

I did see a version of A Midsummer Night's Dream with Michelle Phillips in and it was okay but not great. It was lacking the magic of a shakespearean drama. At times I felt they were just reciting the lines and not injecting "acting" into the roles. The interpretation was at times. It was entertaining but it is not what I call a classic. I found the modern interpretation to be rather interesting at times.

EVen though the story of Tristan and Isolde is not Shakespearean drama I still find elements of Shakespeare in the telling of the legend.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »

This may come as a surprise to everyone, but I have never seen a Shakespearean play.

Well...   ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Ann! Hope life is treating you well!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »

Thanks, DR Miss Karen et other DRs.  Fun with the self-timer.

As for where my hands were/are... Read the caption.  ;)  -It was Camelot, so there were plenty of long "breaks".

Besides, all I really do is turn the keyboard on, push "Start".  It's all programmed now anyway.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2007, 11:04:49 AM »

Well, must finish my cup of java and eat some breakfast as today Dog Bosco gets to go for his yearly check-up...which means that I have now had him for a year!!! And a wonderful year it has been  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:07:57 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »

Dog Bosco and Freddy page 5 dance!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »

Although, I'm pretty sure that there are some Bollywood films out there with Shakespearean roots.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

And the only movie base on one of his plays that I have seen is the 1948 Macbeth...and I skipped through most of it as I just wanted to see the scenes that Peggy Webber was in. She later went on to make some wonderful films like THE SPACE CHILDREN and THE SCREAMING SKULL.

Mikey, I'd bet the farm that no one at all is surprised by your confession.  However, if you've seen FORBIDDEN PLANET, you've seen a wonderful adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest.  Was the suicide rate among the faculties of your schools more than unusually high?

It's hard to call it a film but the wonderful AJ Antoon production of Much Ado About Nothing with Sam Waterston, Barney Hughes, and Kathleen Widdoes for the Public Theatre may be my absolute favorite Shakespeare performance.

I do not recall mentioning Julius Caesar; I think it's the dullest tragedy the man wrote.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:19:46 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2007, 11:18:05 AM »

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »

Change is good.

-That is all.
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »

HHW Headquarters
Gratuitous Posting Department
Awards Division

DR Francois ~

Congratulations!  You are the winner of the Gratuitous Poster of the Day Award for the Month of March.  It was very close, and was a tough decision -- coming down between you and DR Naomi, with that valiant effort of his/her's this early AM.  But after careful review, you are the photo-finish winner ahead of DRs Naomi, Mr P (past winner), DCelt and MzKaren.  Your effort yesterday is the clear winner.

Your posting frenzy of yesterday contained all of the classic elements of the classic Gratuitous Poster:  multiple postings in a row, trivial postings to yourself and yourself alone, postings that at times are entertaining but nonetheless are still pointless postings, postings divided up and spread out word by word to create multiple postings, posting for your own personal posting amusement, postings posted for posting's sake, and postings posted only to pad the posting tally to please the Grand-Pooh-Pah Poster with no regard for irritating fellow posters (actually taking great pleasure in irritating said fellow posters) who have to then spend hours trying to get caught up reading all the mulitple postings.

Again, congratulations!  What is your sparkling prize?  This letter!  That's right, this letter is for you and can be cut, pasted, reduced to wallet size, copied, and laminated.  That way you can carry it with you always (unless some smuck lifts your wallet) and have proof for family, friends and passer-bys that you were the HHW Gratuitous Poster of the Day in March of 2007.

Well done, Gratuitous Poster of the Day!  Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

The HHW Gratuitous Poster Award Division
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:47:38 AM by Miss Karen »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2007, 11:28:55 AM »

Although, I'm pretty sure that there are some Bollywood films out there with Shakespearean roots.

I would not be surprised either.

Miss Karen

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »

Dog Bosco and Freddy page 5 dance!

aaaaawwwwww, how cuuuute!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

Cute MzKaren!!  He did work so hard for that award yesterday...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »

sorry elmore, I may have misread someone else's post and mistaken it for yours.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »

That is an adorable picture MK of Mbarnum's Dog Bosco and Freddy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Padding a post...[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:39:35 AM by DakotaCelt »

Miss Karen

« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Padding a post...[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]
[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Padding a post...[/move]

You must be going for the fancy-smancy gratuitous post award...

Miss Karen

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »

Gratuitous Gotta Scram Post....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2007, 12:02:46 PM »

Lovely photos of Mssrs. Besco & Freddy.

DR MBARNUM....I am sure that you were able to abscond with the table of Ms Ann Robinson because she had to come all the way from Ophicious and Ms Laurie Mitchell only had to come from Venus.

However I must say that Ms Robinson never had a weapon of such power as the Beta Disentegrator owned by Ms Mitchell....even though I always wondered what happened to the Alpha Disentegrator and why the Beta made a sound like the starter on a Studebaker when she pressed the RED button.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:08 PM »

No problem, DR ELMORE....I don't need it until September.....try to remember....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

I move we suspend all by-laws.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2007, 12:05:13 PM »

Saturday is a good day for a coup.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »

DR JRand - would you like replacement copies of the photos from our Mamma Mia and WoW gatherings?  They're still on my computer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2007, 12:12:45 PM »

Welll, almost time for lunch... So...

Laters...

*Although, I will be working through part of the break - I need to assemble the latest version of the score and script before this afternoon's run-thru.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »

Back from shipping all packages.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up