Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LIME RICKEY  (Read 62971 times)

FJL

Re:THE LIME RICKEY
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »

And one for squalor

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

Back from my early rehearsal - we're finally finished completely with the twelve songs we had - those are now set in stone.  We played through some other stuff, a couple of which will be fine, but we still have about five things to hear next week.  I was hoping to be through with the song choices by today, but it will be next week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2007, 12:14:41 PM »

When I arrived at Boswell's this morning there was no place to park - I finally had to park way up a hill and in so doing ran over some ridiculous screw thing that lodged itself in my tire (it was in someone's driveway that I had to turn around in).  Since there was a big thing on the end of the screw (it looked like a giant end of a pushpin) I thought about pulling it out - thank goodness I didn't.  I was able to rehearse for two hours and the tire was still okay, and then I made it to the gas station I like to have the tire plugged.  The minute he pulled the screw out of the tire you could hear the air escaping - had I removed it prior to rehearsal the tire would have been flat in two minutes flat.

Miss Karen

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »

Sad to be all Stallone in the world

I want to be Stallone ~ Greta Garbo

Miss Karen

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2007, 12:20:40 PM »

DR Miss Karen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those continuation shows on MEDIUM.  I wonder if it depends on whether a person watches the show religiously. Or is just a casual viewer. I could sort of see why the casual viewer would not want it to be continued.  But personally i totally love it.

I know, I'm bad about that instant gratification/having to wait business. I was one of those kids who peeked, or unwrapped and rewrapped gifts, before Xmas morning....  I want to know, and I want to know now....I think it's called being impatient...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »

Never pull anything out of a tire.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

I got my DVD of the classic ROLLER BOOGIE today....and the credit reads:

Musical Numbers Staged by David Winters

Didn't MR BK take some classes with Mr Winters?  Did he ever ask his class to roller skate?

Miss Karen

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »

Unless you're a magician and it's part of your act...

..but come to think of it, I've never seen a magician use tires in his act... so never mind...

Miss Karen

« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2007, 12:42:24 PM »

DR Edi ~ You're a god-send, make that angel, for helping Case out with the tape.  Thanks!   :-* (plural)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »

Unless you're a magician and it's part of your act...

..but come to think of it, I've never seen a magician use tires in his act... so never mind...

Wow!  Me either!  We have just discovered a brand NEW act!  8)

Miss Karen

« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

Gotta Scram! Adios!

singdaw

« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »

Never pull anything out of attire, either.

singdaw

« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2007, 12:57:36 PM »

bk, perhaps post numbers drop annually in May because the H/Ks are preoccupied with lusty month of May things?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »

With our BD DFR (Dear Former Reader) Girl Robin in the HHW Black Hole, maybe?...  Abducted by aliens? ... Nabbed by Big Foot? ... Pulled into the Bermuda Triangle? ... Blame it on Jose?

...So many theories, so little time...

or being chased by skunkus dinosaurus
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »

Just got back from my final... Brain is fried...

Got an A- on my paper though!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

~~~Travel Vibes to DR Ben and Ant!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »

DR ADRIANNA PATTI was abducted by aliens, she reported last night.  I only hope and pray that in the next few days she does not grow to be 50 feet tall....it has happened....based on the sworn testimony of the miserable souls who survived.

Hmmm, I wonder if it is the same aliens who have a restaurant in FArgo called Space Aliens

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »

TALK ABOUT A BAD HEAD DAY:

der Brucer

STALLONE...as you've NEVER seen him before!

STALLONE...as one of history's most infamous men!

STALLONE...as Judas Iscariot...in

Judas...the Real Story

See it in theaters,,, Thanksgiving 2007!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »

I can think of one but it would not be very nice

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2007, 01:09:49 PM »

Travel vibes to Ben and Ant!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »

Was catching up on some reading before I head north to my parents, I was reading an article about NBA player Derek Fisher and his daughter.

Vibes to his daughter as he recovers from cancer. She had a tumor removed due to retinoblastoma. It is a cancer of the retina and is treatable when caught early.

Ironic, I am a fan of Matt Ashford and his daughter has it and my freind Cassie, her daughter has it but has made a remarkable recovery despite the fact of only having on eye. She had one removed.

George

« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »

Just got back from my final... Brain is fried...

Got an A- on my paper though!

Congratulations! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »

It is a beautiful Friday and I don't want to be at work. And it looks like I am just about the only person in my office today...so I can turn up the Bollywood tunes and pretend to be busy.

It's a beautiful Friday here in Olympia and I'm NOT at work. :) Today, I'm going with my family to a Seattle Storm women's basketball pre-season game.  My niece has season tickets (it's probably the last season that the team will be in Seattle...or even Washington) and season ticket holders are able to get free extra tickets for the exhibition game.  So, we're making a day of it.  We're also going to stop at Ikea.  Love the meatballs in their deli! ;D So, it's time for me to feed the cat, take a shower, get dressed, run a few errands and get to my sister's house.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »

No, Shirley Temple was not in the box-office top ten for ten years. She was there from 1934-39 with her four #1 years as 1935-38.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

But before I go...Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  nothing
In my VCR:  nothing
On my DVR:  a whole bunch of stuff to be watched and recorded. ::)

;)

George

« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »

Have a good day, all! :D

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing all of the special features in THE THIRD MAN set, and there are hours of them. They do an eight minute overview of the production using a voiceover narrator and behind-the-scenes stills, and I thought that was excellent. Sometimes, the less elaborate something is, the more impact it has.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »

Next, I began watching shows recorded over the last few nights on the DVR. I began with last night's CSI. Recurring character Lady Heather once again made an appearance, but her story wasn't very interesting. More interesting was a dead woman in a hit and run accident.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

Last night I went to hear Francis Ford Copolla speak to students at Georiga State. He showed a 1 hour doc that his wife Eleanor made about his new film, YOUTH WITHOUT YOUTH.

The doc wasn't great but the film looked very interesting. Copolla was extremely generous with his time, so much so that the theatre staff basically had to kick him out, but he was insistent about answering everyones' questions. The whole audeince seemed very inspired by his observations on filmmaking.

Several people wanted to give him their demo reels, etc. so he designated a spot on the stage for anyone who wanted to pass something on to him. I had a copy of SACCO AND VANZETTI with me, (his uncle Anton is in our film) so I put it on the pile of stuff. He had wanted to do a film on S&V awhile ago, so I hope he'll watch it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »

The library has been moderately busy today and I got very involved helping a woman learn about G. K. Chesterton.  We also have artist and musician Michael Bashaw here creating a "unique sculpture installation" that will be used in a Puzzle of Light performance an week from tonight.  I will try to take some pictures next week.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up