Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE IS FLAIR?  (Read 46661 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:WHERE IS FLAIR?
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2004, 07:41:04 AM »

DR Ben the London pics are great - and of course you know that Brian Kelly was Jacqueline Susann's personal choice to play Robin Stone in THE LOVE MACHINE, but after he was cast and the costumes made, Kelly got in a motorcycle wreck and was replaced by John Phillip Law.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2004, 07:42:49 AM »

Oh my gosh what is wrong with you people?!?!?

Nine pages to read from when I went to bed last night at 11pm. :)

Happy birthday to our newest member Janet!

Love the pic DR Ben.

Can't wait to read Laura 2's tales. But I have last night's posts open and this morning's posts open and I have to read last night's adventures first.

Btw, if yesterday's obsession was chicken, what is today's obsession?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2004, 07:43:31 AM »

DRJay - that show also provided one of my favorite show title parodies:

I'm Getting My Act Together and Putting It In a Ponytail!

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2004, 07:48:27 AM »

Well I'm getting closer to finishing reading yesterday's posts (and the ones from today and last night).

But I would like to tell DR Ron that I am not dumb enough to stick my tongue on a metal object in -40C/
-30F weather :)

Although I was dumb enough to walk for 40 minutes in -20C weather :(

It is still freezing here. I wonder if DR Andrea left her house yet.  I think it is around -35C with windchill and it will remain freezing for at least today and tomorrow.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2004, 07:51:20 AM »

DR Laura II, I am half way through your dinner party. And I love it. I can't wait to look at the pictures!

Oh and BK: happy last day of work!

And DR Jason: Sorry your co-workers were so mean.

Btw, (not sue if anyone else posted the link) but here are the Tony committee's decisions:

http://web.playbill.com/news/article/83692.html

Personally, I don't think Kristin and Idina will cancel each other out. IMO, if they are both leads in the show (which I think they are), then those are the categories they should be in. I detest, when lead actors, like Kristin, are put in the featured category, when they clearly are not supporting players.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2004, 07:52:12 AM »

DR JED--YES!!!  My sister and I have been going crazy trying to remember.  She took me to SO many movies there when I was a kid.  Thank you SO much!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2004, 07:58:05 AM »

I have not seen Boy from Oz. But when I saw Donna Murphy in WT at MTC, it was one of the best performances I have ever seen.

Btw, DR Ben: I know what you mean about not being able to get used to London time.  On my one and only trip to London (my sister won an all expense paid trip to see Notre Dame De Paris, which was my favorite show), my body could not get used to the time change. I have a very sensitive system, and I literally could not eat anything before the afternoon. I felt sick EVERY single morning :(

Love the london stories too.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2004, 07:59:49 AM »

I'm assuming the US finals (skating) will be on another network on Saturday (we don't get ESPN or ESPN2 here). Anybody know?

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

Ben, Brian Kelly still gives me day dreams!!! It is my goal in life to interview him, but alas I don't think he wants to be interviewed...I have contacted several family members of his, and no reply!  :'(

DR JRAnd53...where in tarnation did you find THE GIANT CLAW!!! Is it playing on TV?? Frank Griffin (aka Ruell Shayen) is in that and he says he is the first character to get killed!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 08:02:44 AM by MBarnum »

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2004, 08:03:02 AM »

BTW DRs George and Jed: Your quest to Goddom is cracking me up :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2004, 08:03:08 AM »

Happy Birthday, Evil Twin Janet!!!

Forecasters said we would wake up this morning to a light snowfall. When I got up around 8:30, nothing but wet pavement from a misty rain. As I read my morning newspaper, I looked up and there was the loveliest snowfall you can imagine. It fell for about thirty minutes and thentapered off for an hour and a half. Just awhile ago, it started up again, very light, not enough to cuase any major trouble on the streets and it's accumulating just barely on the lawn. Still, lovely.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2004, 08:09:27 AM »

Men's final at 4 p.m. EST on ABC

Women's final at 8 p.m. on ABC. Both on Saturday. The dance and pairs will also be shown in taped highlights on those programs.

Yes, I liked Matt Savoie and Jenny Kirk the best last night. I thought their skating had the most flair. Cohen was consistent with jumps but did patented moves with expertise but not elegance. Kwan was lovely, and her little catch on the landing of her double axel was her only misstep, barely a blip on the map of her poise and grace on the ice. Like DR Ron, I do think she's the finest ladies' skater ever with the ability to do difficult jumps, spins, and yet so elegant and balletic. The finals will show us if this new coach she's been working with has instilled in her a more combative jumping program that I think she needs to compete successfully in the technical side of the contest with the other girls.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2004, 08:09:53 AM »

DR Laura II: I finally finished "the dinner party". Thanks so much, I loved it.  It was like our very own soap!

Btw, did anyone watch the Apprentice last night?

Oh and BK, what have you been watching on your dish?

Jed

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2004, 08:10:01 AM »

Happy to be of help, JMK!

As for my race with George... well... I'm hoping he has a busy day at work today. ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2004, 08:12:06 AM »

Media alert:

CD - WICKED (and since there's been so much talk about it yesterday and today, I'm going to pull out AVENUE Q and listen again. I enjoyed it very much when I first got it, but didn't flip over it and put it away after a single listen.)

DVD - Chaplin's LIMELIGHT followed by THE SIMPSONS, season 2

Jed

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2004, 08:14:39 AM »

Make room, oh ye gods (and goddess) of HHW!  You've got a bunch of company on the way.  Looks like George, Emily, MBarnum, and myself will ALL be ascending to your lofty ranks very, very soon!

I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2004, 08:16:06 AM »

Ben,

A wise decision (Hugh Jackman).

BK - Your CD selections made me dig out a remarkable LP that I haven't heard in ages - selections from I Had A Ball played by Art Blakey, Milt Jackson, Oscar Peterson, Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones and Chet Baker. The notes include a cute comment by Walter Kerr: "Buddy Hacket looks like a baked potato out for a short stroll."

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2004, 08:17:50 AM »

Thanks MattH.  I guess I could check my tv for saturday's schedule later. But it was easier to ask here! :)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2004, 08:17:57 AM »

Good morning. Two months ago today I arrived back in LA. Something fabulous is going to happen today. I feel it in me bones.

Cute teddy bear photo, B & A!

Ben

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2004, 08:19:21 AM »

Jennifer, you have cracked the 1000 mark! It will be a while before I get there what with that Michael Shayne character popping up every so often to keep me from surpassing his posting numbers. I'm posting as fast as I can to keep ahead of TD. I'm aging quickly since I got back just keeping up with posts  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2004, 08:23:09 AM »

DR PANNI isn't that a great feeling?!

DRMATTH I love LIMELIGHT very much.  I hadn't seen it until MR BK and some DR's here were talking about it.  I bought a used DVD, and it has become a favorite of mine ever since.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2004, 08:24:25 AM »

DR Jed, you passed me and I didn't even see it coming! I didn't even realize I was that close to 500 posts! I guess I had better get off of my duff and join the race! That dust is causing my alergies to go out of control! LOL!  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2004, 08:25:32 AM »

I am gonna make some coffee and eat a brownie and, I suppose, work.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2004, 08:29:36 AM »

Jennifer, you have cracked the 1000 mark! It will be a while before I get there what with that Michael Shayne character popping up every so often to keep me from surpassing his posting numbers. I'm posting as fast as I can to keep ahead of TD. I'm aging quickly since I got back just keeping up with posts  ;)

Wow, I had no idea. I wasn't even paying attention. I suppose without the anticipation of moving to a higher status level I forgot to check :)

Thanks fellow God.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2004, 08:30:53 AM »

You're welcome fellow Goddess!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2004, 08:34:41 AM »

It occurred to me that the bottomless well of knowledge that is HHW might be able to help my aging and decrepit memory with something.  I grew up for a few years in Bellevue (the city, not the insane asylum--well, the city anyway) and I have been racking my brain (no easy task) to remember the name of the one and only movie theater that was there in the late 60s and early 70s.  I think it was a guy's name, John something.  Does anyone possibly know this?  TIA.

JMK -- You realize that I am probably the only Washingtonian here old enough to remember the 60s and 70s?  Was it called the John Danz, or something close to that?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2004, 08:42:18 AM »

JMK - Would it have been the John Danz theater?

Well, I guess I am about an hour late with my answer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2004, 08:43:10 AM »

But you're always on time in our hearts TCB!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2004, 08:48:12 AM »

Jed and TCB, the Karma Fairy has visited.  For some reason, my sis and I kept thinking it was the John Day Theater, probably because of the dam with the same name.  I have so many wonderful memories of that theater--my sis is almost 11 years older than I, and she was the designated movie-taker for most of my childhood.  In fact, my wife still laughs whenever we get DVDs of my old faves, because I inevitably say "Kathie took me to this when I was (fill in appropriate age here)."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2004, 08:48:30 AM »

I know what's in my wife's car CD.  HAINES HIS WAY.  She's been singing songs from it all week.  It's the way she learns new tunes.  She'll play it repeatedly until she knows every song on it.  She also keeps praising the impeccable song selections and the arrangements.  So there are your strokes for the day, BK.

In my CD player is a strange compliation album made by my friend, Roger, called the Super-Fantastic Original Corn-Eating Elimination Jukebox and Light Show with Selected Short Subjects #1...containing such odd numbers as What if the Hokey-Pokey is Really What It's All About?; She's Looking Better Every Beer; Wish I Was a Lesbian; Please Take Your Drunken 15-Year-Old Girlfriend Home.

The curious title of this compliation album pays homage to an annual event that started during my years in the theatre department at the University of Kentucky.  A bunch of drunken theatre students were hanging out in the local pub, bragging and betting about what they could eat the most of.  One fellow said he could eat the most corn...and my friend Roger, enterprising soul that he was, became the stakes holder for the wager and Master of Ceremonies for the first Super-Fantastic Original Corn-Eating Elimination Contest and Light Show, with Selected Short Subjects.  I became this event's annual host when I inherited the apartment the first one took place in.  Corntestants were doled out measuring cups of corn onto their plates.  The "Light Show" was always the lightest corntestant to weigh in (and, yes, there was a weighing-in ceremony).  Selected Short Subjects became the various entertainments with which the bystanders entertained themselves when watching people gobble corn for hours on end became rather inervating.  At one point, the various corntestants would break out in song or dance at various intervals as part of the Selected Short Subjects.  This bizarre ritual became an annual fixture every November in the Theatre Department and went on for years after I left.  I think the record may have been 23 cups of corn.  There is a young woman living over in Burbank even as we speak who was a champion of the contest one year, beating the man who became her husband.  It was quite an event...one year we had a masked mystery guest.  One year a contestant brought his own silverware under lock and key and guarded...Ah, memories....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up