Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED  (Read 33170 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2007, 11:19:12 PM »

DR vixmom - What was the name of the book?  DR Jason or I can check with the box office tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2007, 11:19:34 PM »

Jason,
In all the excitement of going backstage Vix left her book behind,) the one she was reading at John's Pizza)

Do you think the theatre would toss it out or if I call tomorrow do you think they would still have it?  Do you think they would mail it back to me if I paid postage?

DR Vixmom: Generally, all found items are turned in to the house manager, who in turn gives them to the box office for safekeeping. If it was left backstage, I'm not really sure where you'll find it...  ???

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:47 PM »

Tom... Great deal on the cds...

I have been to DEadwood before.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2007, 11:23:29 PM »

I can't believe I'm still up! As you all know, I didn't sleep well last night and then got up early to do some banking business at the lake and zip back to Sioux City. My appointment for Tuesday thought it was Monday, so I got her message called her back and rescheduled for Monday afternoon, which meant after a very brief stop at home, I went to the office and didn't get a chance to eat anything until I got home about 5:00 PM.  

After a nice New York strip steak, I took a nap.  Oh, that's probably why I'm still awake.  

I didn't take the case, btw, long story, let's just say there are some cases that are messed up enough that it's best to stay away from them or send them to someone who has lots and lots of experience.  I was very straight forward with her and told her exactly why I was referring her on to someone else.  I must have handled it well, because as she left, she asked for a bunch of my cards to hand out to her friends who need immigration help.   Cool.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »

I know what you mean Cilla about still being up... I have to work at 1030 am

Cool on woman taking your business cards.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2007, 11:26:07 PM »

Speaking of immigrants, they are resettling Burundian refugees in Fargo

Cillaliz

« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »

Well, think I'll try to get some sleep.  Our temps are finally down to the 80s and it's supposed to rain tonight...at least I hope it does, we really need it.    Night all

Tomovoz

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2007, 11:26:52 PM »

I've not been looking for Cds much of late - todays' quick visit must have been fate.  Thus I am listening to "Kismet" from the same Turner/Rhino series of soundtracks. (This CD thanks to DR FRançois).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »

The answer to tonight's second trivia question...

Christopher and Glenn Walken...

She shared the role of Michael BAuer in the 1950s on Guiding light. CHristopher was trained in theatre and Glenn did more televison action as a child. Christopher went on to win an oscar for THE DEER HUNTER

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »

Sometimes fate delivers the most interesting things....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »

Well... 12 hours from now I will be ending my lunchtime "Music and the Mirror" rehearsal, so I guess I should head to bed... Oh, but before I do...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

So... I finally got another response from the person who's been handling my "delayed" invoices/payments.  I had informed her that I had received one check this past weekend, but had not received the other payments for the other invoices.  Well...  She then informed me that she checked again with her accounting division, and even though she had given them my invoices a month ago, it turns out that they had lost one of them.  -Of course, they "lost" the one for the much larger amount.  She told me that the check would be cut tomorrow.  Well... I wrote back to her to inform her that I originally sent her the invoices TWO months ago, so if she had just given them to her accounting division just ONE month ago, well... You do the math.  -And I think there's a pretty good chance I'm calling the union office tomorrow morning too.

END OF RANT.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2007, 11:34:13 PM »

DR vixmom - Glad to hear you had a wonderful time during and after the show.  Megain is one of the nicest people I know.  Did you get a chance to meet her hunky boyfriend/fellow castmate, Michael?

As for the book... Where did she leave it?  In the theatre (in her seat)?  Or was it left backstage?  If it was left backstage, I could check with the stage doorman tomorrow.  -DR Jason could too.

We think she left it at her seat.  Megan was very sweet, we di not meet her boyfirend  but I asked her about a cast member who caught my eye, he played one of the studentse, teh one who was always sitting on his own drinking, 1. I loved his performance and 2. He looked very familar... she said he was your friend John who had just made his Broadway debut....

so please tell John how much we enjoyed his performance... I do  not know why he looked so familar though unless he was in some pictures you may have posted
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2007, 11:35:02 PM »

My apartment is still warm after being closed up for three days when temps were in the upper 90s

Tomovoz

« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »

The old "your male is a Czech" line no doubt. (or something like that)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »

DR vixmom - What was the name of the book?  DR Jason or I can check with the box office tomorrow.

If its not too much trouble that would be great, please do not go out of your way, worst case  I have to make a trip to Borders to get a new one....I have to ask Vix the tiel  in the morning I am too tired to remember the name of the book... Ruby Something or another I think....

vixmom

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2007, 11:39:09 PM »

too tired to type as well it seemd   wellit is 2:30  AM and I dDO have to be up in 5 hours so  

GOODNIGHT ALL

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2007, 11:41:22 PM »

We think she left it at her seat.  Megan was very sweet, we di not meet her boyfirend  but I asked her about a cast member who caught my eye, he played one of the studentse, teh one who was always sitting on his own drinking, 1. I loved his performance and 2. He looked very familar... she said he was your friend John who had just made his Broadway debut....

so please tell John how much we enjoyed his performance... I do  not know why he looked so familar though unless he was in some pictures you may have posted

John?  Hmm... Well, Drew Sarich is also in the ensemble - and he was Armand in Lestat, so...  I'll have to check the current cast list for a John.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »

Goodnight DR Vixmum/mom. Hello to Vicky from us and Bro the Bear.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2007, 11:42:09 PM »

Pleasant dreams vixmom

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »

Hopefully, if things behave themselves this week, I can get a few things out into the mail...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »

OK....

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:33 PM »

Goodnight all.  I'll be back later. (Oatmeal NY time).
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:34 PM »

Pleasant dreams DR JOse!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2007, 11:50:42 PM »

Digs around in her soap book again....

Ahhh

What 1980s Aussie actor / singer appeared on an American Daytiem serial in the 1980s?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2007, 11:54:11 PM »

An Aussie singer will also be appearing on Doctor Who at the end of the year....

Kylie Minogue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/07/03/46771.shtml

and Donna is coming back... and Martha is doing both Torchwood and DW...

Hmmm, that could prove to be an interesting dynamic between the Doctor, Martha and Donna...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »

I am on my own frenzy!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

Can I make it to page 14?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

I can try!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »

Only 12 more to 400!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up