Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS  (Read 34224 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:06 PM »

To all DRs - my apologies!  Please ignore the last few posts...

SPOO CITY!

It gave me my best laugh of the day, so don't you apologize! I've done the same thing myself. I remember once writing and writing about how brilliant James Whale had directed THE MUMMY when the fact was, it wasn't THE MUMMY he directed but THE INVISIBLE MAN I was thinking about.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »

Page Five Harry and Ron Dance (and they're actually at a dance: the Yule Ball and both miserable because the girls they like are dancing with other guys)!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2007, 01:17:49 PM »

Hey, Elmore--do you know if there are any piano only reductions of the Kije Wedding March?  I can only find trumpet/piano or sax/piano duets.  A couple wants it as their recessional for a wedding--kind of a neat idea, I've never been asked this one before.

I don't, I'm sorry to say! I just checked Sheetmusicplus and all they offer if the Troika.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »

LOL!  Only my ears are pierced (and each ear has only one hole) and the only tattoos I have are the temporary ones that DR Jose gave me in NYC.  

When I read that article, my reaction was that they made it sound like a new idea for librarians to go out drinking together.  When I was in grad school, 35 (yikes!) ago, a group of us went to happy hour every Friday and were often joined by the Assistant Dean and several professors.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2007, 01:18:30 PM »

I watched a few things on TV this afternoon though not as many as I would have liked. Lunch ran long since best friend John and I had a lot of catch up with.

I started with a MURDER SHE WROTE episode, a nice murder on Wall Street scenario. Among the many guest stars were Edd Byrnes, Farley Granger, David Groh, Morgan Brittany, and a guy I've always thought was really sexy, John Calvin.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »

It's been so long since someone called me Master, it was sort of refreshing.  Brought back a lot of memories.  ;)

Of a corset and whip?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »

Next, I put in DANTE'S COVE and watched the next episode. Nice to see the cute Adam detoxing and Toby being such a kind and loving friend to him.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »

There's only one episode left, but I jumped ahead and watched some of the special features on this second disc in the set. One feature had the three out actors in the cast discussing their careers since they've come out. Truth to tell, I really haven't seen them showing up on any of the shows I watch on network TV, but I'll watch more closely for them during this upcoming season.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »

Tonight I'll definitely be watching SKYJACKED; there just wasn't enough time this afternoon to fit in the entire movie.

I checked the listings and there is a new LIFE ON THE D-LIST tonight.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »

Morgan Brittany--there's a name I haven't heard in years.  I remember thinking that she was destined for great things.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

LOL. Ah, Singdaw.

As it happens, in true Joan Crawford fashion, I dislike using wire hangers and use many of the sort you show here instead. Much better for de clothes!

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

I can only afford plastic hangers  :'(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:04 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Yep, it's hot in NYC.  But again, it's summer, so it wasn't a surprise when I stepped outside.

*Alas, because of all the dancing, they tend to keep the the A/C on low - or off - in the rehearsal hall for ACL.  So, of course, I walk in today to play the lunchtime Cassie Dance rehearsal, and not only is Baayork Lee there - who I love and adore and am used to be in the room - but Patrick Vaccariello, the conductor, and Bob Avian, the director are there too.  Talk about working up a sweat.  Thankfully, the drummer is in for these rehearsals which makes my life a lot of easier.  However, I'm still learning how they're pacing the whole scene into the song, and that underscoring can get tricky, so...  No major mistakes today, but I was definitely feeling "tentative" early on.  -And Patrick didn't come up to the piano and yell at me afterwards, so that's always a good thing.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »

Well, just as long as they're not wire ones, you're fine.

*I like plastic ones too.  The ones from the Container Store are my favorite - nice selection of colors.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »

Some stores sell the wooden ones very cheaply. they're great for jeans! Jeans often cause plastic hangers to sag.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »

Oh, and I should mention that I use LOTs of plastic hangers, too. The wooden ones are for jeans and cords and coats.

Now you probably all know more about my clothes closet than you ever wanted to.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

Well, I'm off to meet a friend for dinner... And then I might end up seeing a show tonight, so... We'll see.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »

Where's MISS KAREN? Surely there's a joke in here somewhere.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

I have lived in this neighborhood for going on 12 years and I defy anyone to find a neighbor anywhere here who I have ever had a cross word with for any reason.

Hi, JMK

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been.  

My sympathies are entirely with you. The guy you had the run-in with was at fault and clearly unstable.

I just thought that before taking any drastic action, you should just talk to the guy's direct boss - i.e. the subcontractor - to get rid of the guy, and if he refused, then bring the hammer down.

I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

I've caught up.  Clubs etc - leave them to the Flintstones.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »

Vacation Bible School was another success. The alarm repairman arrived right at the end, and he seemed to enjoy children singing and the tasty snack we gave him. The alarm is now working loudly, and the building is secured, because I did it myself.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »

TOD:

I was president of a condo association for a while. That was quite an interesting experience--usually for the wrong reasons!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2007, 02:37:29 PM »

And it is a lovely day today: it is very cloudy, and it is only about 100 degrees.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

Heading down now to read a bit and then start on the evening viewing. I cleaned the living room this morning, so no chores to be done. Just fun!

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Yep, it's hot in NYC.  But again, it's summer, so it wasn't a surprise when I stepped outside.

*Alas, because of all the dancing, they tend to keep the the A/C on low - or off - in the rehearsal hall for ACL.  So, of course, I walk in today to play the lunchtime Cassie Dance rehearsal, and not only is Baayork Lee there - who I love and adore and am used to be in the room - but Patrick Vaccariello, the conductor, and Bob Avian, the director are there too.  Talk about working up a sweat.  Thankfully, the drummer is in for these rehearsals which makes my life a lot of easier.  However, I'm still learning how they're pacing the whole scene into the song, and that underscoring can get tricky, so...  No major mistakes today, but I was definitely feeling "tentative" early on.  -And Patrick didn't come up to the piano and yell at me afterwards, so that's always a good thing.  ;)

Why in the world would they keep the air conditioning off when they are dancing?????

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

We knew DR George wore clothing of an indeterminate nature (you've posted the pictures yourself). Now we know why!

You Guybrarian, you  ;)

I'm flattered...I think. ::)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »

And will DR George go with a tattoo or a piercing?  Or just go sk8terBoi?

(though, to tell the truth, I have no idea what a sk8terboi looks like.)

I have a pierced ear and I've only though about a tattoo...but I'll take a sk8terBoi, if you have one! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2007, 02:57:15 PM »

I forgot about the TOD. I am sure I belonged to some clubs and organizations in the past...but nothing that sticks in my mind.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2007, 03:30:43 PM »

I now know that some individuals on campus have lost it.....

A patron came up and stated the bathrooms were not working properly and so i investigated. When it is after hours we have to call campus security aka Cop wannabees... They mentioned there was a watermain break and were surprised that the library was still open.

After that comment, I inquired as to why the library was not informed of this matter. The woman stated that she thought there was no one at the library and we closed at 4. I promptly informed her we closed at 7 and we had all summer and as for as many years as I could remember during summer terms. She then called me a liar... I promptly told her to call the library tomorrow and inquire with administration what the hours were. She was convinced I was making it up.  I have sent an email and voice mail to her supervisor about this matter.

At about that point I was looking for a shoe to whack upside her head...I can only imagine what she is like during an actual emergency...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »

bk, if you like the orchestral music of Howard Hanson, you might be interested in a new release from Naxos:  a 2 disc recording of a live concert performance of his opera, Merry Mount.

It's actually been out for over a year - I have it - not a great recording, but really nice to have.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up