Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS  (Read 34234 times)

Jason

Re:THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2007, 10:15:37 AM »

The definitive "And I Am Telling You..." here.   :)

Christine is great! She did something similar to this in a concert I saw a couple of years ago and totally brought down the house.

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:22 AM »

bk, if you like the orchestral music of Howard Hanson, you might be interested in a new release from Naxos:  a 2 disc recording of a live concert performance of his opera, Merry Mount.

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2007, 10:47:41 AM »

DR Matt H.:  When you do get around to transferring the 2007 Tonys to disc, you might want to note especially Christine Ebersole's performance from Grey Gardens, in light of what she shared with Seth Rudetsky about what was going on behind the scenes:

You do eight shows during the week, but you're also spending time at Radio City doing camera blocking. Morning of the Tonys, she had to wake up at 7 AM so she could rehearse again at Radio City in full costume. Then, out of her costume, went to the theatre to do the show back in costume again. Finished the matinee, got into her glam gown for the red carpet. Got to Radio city and put back on her costume again. When she was backstage she was reviewing the new speech Craig Lucas had written her to start the number. It set up who and where her character was. Well, as Adam Guettel was making his speech in front of the curtain accepting his Tony, literally seconds before she got onstage, a stagehand told her that her body mic wasn't working and handed a hand held mic that was twice the size of Bob Barker's. What about her handheld props? How could she carry a mic and her gloves, pocketbook and guidebook? She shoved them all into her other hand and went into a full anxiety attack/shut down. Kelli O'Hara must have noticed it across the stage, even though Radio City is the size of a football field, because Vicki heard Kelli yell "It'll be OK! Don't worry!" Well, that relaxed her enough to walk out onstage and start her newly memorized speech into her microphone while walking forward towards a moving camera and also looking at the stagehand to the side of the camera who was making enormous hand motions. She thinks he was telling her that her body mic was still broken. This went on til the last moment of the speech where he gave her a big "A-OK" sign and took the microphone away and she immediately started singing. You have to watch it to see her panicked walking, shifting eyes and last minute mic trade off. Terrifying/hilarious! Of course, the number sounded beautiful…and the hat trick at the end worked!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »

Well, I came back from lunch and found a lovely package had been delivered to my desk--the recently released WAIT UNTIL DARK soundtrack!  I can't wait to listen to it on the Victrola (or whatever you play these compact discs on...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »

Wow.  Christine Ebersole must be a real sensitive soul if she let what happened two years ago to another actress effect her Tony performance.  :)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »

Wow.  Christine Ebersole must be a real sensitive soul if she let what happened two years ago to another actress effect her Tony performance.  :)

She's only sensitive if the moment is All About Her! Been there, seen it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02:38 AM »

:)   And yet, both actresses went on to win for those performances!

Ben

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »

DR Matt H.:  When you do get around to transferring the 2007 Tonys to disc, you might want to note especially Christine Ebersole's performance from Grey Gardens, in light of what she shared with Seth Rudetsky about what was going on behind the scenes:

Mr. Daw, that was actually Victoria Clark discussing Light in the Piazza  :)

singdaw

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

Spoo!  Well don't I feel stupid!!  Thanks for correcting me, DRs Ben and Dan(the Man)!  :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:23:56 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

To all DRs - my apologies!  Please ignore the last few posts...

SPOO CITY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2007, 11:26:13 AM »

Good morning, all!

I couldn't sleep, stayed up too late, and as a result I slept too late.  We now have two alternate office spaces, one on 37th and one on 34th, if the lease on 27th Street falls through.  Hopefully, the lease on the first should be going to the attorney handling the situation for the Institute and I hope it's settled withn the next few days.

Keep them vibes coming!

More later . . .

~~~Continued Lease Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »

~~~And NO MORE BREAK-IN VIBES...EVER!!!~~~

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »

Mind you, I can't hardly blame them —
Those are probably the best arms on Broadway,
I know why nobody cares to hide them —
I should know,
I've eyed them.
So good! Oh!
The best arms on Broadway —
Are they made o'steel?
The best arms on Broadway —
If you doubt it, cop a feel.

ROTFLMAO!! ;D

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2007, 11:32:52 AM »

MusicGuy may have a new toy!

The Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ, originally in the NYC Paramount theatre was moved to Seal Beach, CA and is now being sent to exile in Phoenix AZ

PRESS-TELEGRAM

A sold out crowd fills the Bay Theatre in Seal Beach for the last Wurlitzer pipe organ concert. The organ is being donated by Richard Loderhose, who purchased the theatre in 1975, to the Beatitudes Campus, a nondenominational retirement center in Phoenix Arizona.

The link has lots of photos and a video clip of the organ being played.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:46 AM »

:)   And yet, both actresses went on to win for those performances!

And both are cut from the same bad cloth! Coincidence? I think not.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

3DDiffusion

« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »

You can't reason with someone who is mentally off or high on some drugs. I'm not saying this person is, but his behavior is way out in left field so you just don't know.  

Oh, I agree. The guy's behavior was way too extreme for what was going on.  But considering the police were called, the contractor hopefully now knows about the situation and will have dealt with it already, without the necessity of lawyers or extreme measures.  Let's hope so.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »

I am waiting for der B to exit the shower.

No, I'm not planning on taking photos.  

We have errands to run, is all.

It's the start of my day-and-a-half weekend.  That's all I ever get these days.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »

Season opener for EUReKA tonight on Sci-fi.  Just a reminder.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2007, 12:31:21 PM »

If you're not registered at the NY Times you may not be able to read this article but I'll post the link anyway. It's about the new breed of Librarians. Some on this here site might enjoy it.

The Librarians

singdaw

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »

I want to be a guybrarian!  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

Does this mean that DR Ginny is going to get her tongue pierced?
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »

I'm curious about DR Ginny's tattoo!   :o

Ben

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »

We knew DR George wore clothing of an indeterminate nature (you've posted the pictures yourself). Now we know why!

You Guybrarian, you  ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »

And will DR George go with a tattoo or a piercing?  Or just go sk8terBoi?

(though, to tell the truth, I have no idea what a sk8terboi looks like.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »

I wish I was hip.

Heck, I wish my hips didn't ache so much...
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2007, 12:58:15 PM »

Yes, much better than just trying to talk to the guys and defuse the situation.  Cement that animosity!

You wouldn't happen to be named Neville Chamberlain by any chance, would you.  ;)

3D, a lot of people here have known me for years (oy) and have been to my house, so you are probably at a disadvantage.  What you may fail to realize is our property is completely fenced (6 foot high in most places), so there is absolutely no way our dogs could ever harm anyone, even if they wanted to.  As anyone who has met our dogs will attest, they are big lumps of love.  The fact that they were barking is irrelevant--this man was throwing rocks at them onto our property.  When I told him to stop, he went absolutely ballistic, which was backed up by the completely neutral testimony of another neighbor who saw the whole thing.  In fact she was so scared of this idiot, she went inside and locked her doors until the police came.  So attempting to reason with someone this angry and irrational is simply something I'm not going to do.  I didn't say I was going to get a TRO, I simply said it was advised we should consider it if this idiot tries anything else.  I have lived in this neighborhood for going on 12 years and I defy anyone to find a neighbor anywhere here who I have ever had a cross word with for any reason.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »

Hey, Elmore--do you know if there are any piano only reductions of the Kije Wedding March?  I can only find trumpet/piano or sax/piano duets.  A couple wants it as their recessional for a wedding--kind of a neat idea, I've never been asked this one before.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »

Best Nigerian scam email of the day department (copied and quoted directly from the email): (Note the amount)

Hello
        Master do you know that the business which i invited you to assist me on had click pleaase there is no time now to explain much you know how i behave,please master now that we have succeded in claiming this money $9.4USD from my bank please i wish you have to conseder me and send me your home address and your identity so that i will have that confident that you wont fell me as soon as the bank wired the money to your account there in your country

please master remeber that you have to email the bank and submite your informations which will include your account number your front page of your passport your phone nad your home address your bank gate way code and swfit code which you have to forward to the bank with the bank emails address nationalinvestbank_onlineinfo@yahoo.com
and then write that of the bank meneger mr timoti and expalin to him the way you will want the money to be transfered to you so that the bank will wire it before 12 working days

that reminds me the bank had made all arrgement on the transaction of this money to your account all that is withholding the money here in ghana is only for you to send your informations which i have stated to you,please do send me my invitation letter to my email or the bank commercial email address timotaylor147@yahoo.com so that i will be preparing for my coming down to your country

please remeber to cll my number so that i will give you all other vital informations on what to do so that this money will be transfered without any delay

thank you sir
mr benzto
+233 274117533

JMK

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »

It's been so long since someone called me Master, it was sort of refreshing.  Brought back a lot of memories.  ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2007, 01:08:28 PM »

The heat is reaching that July unbearable stage now. How I detest summer!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up