Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIND BOGGLES  (Read 97517 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MIND BOGGLES
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes boggled, and now it is time for you to post until the boggled cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:12:49 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MIND BOGGLES
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: SWIVET!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »

Had to change the title of the notes after posting them, as I'd already used the title - when and how I have no idea - in fact it boggled my mind that I'd used My Lids Are Heavy before.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:30:37 AM »

we forgive you
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:38:44 AM »

All is forgiven....

Vibes and xylophones to give you smooth sailing!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:39:14 AM »

Happy Birthday SWW!!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family and freinds!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 12:40:04 AM »

Came across a curious faux movie poster on ebay

Yep.... Some can be lively!

Here is the link for the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/North-Dakota-Girls-Vintage-1950s-Style-Movie-Poster_W0QQitemZ150151929850QQihZ005QQcategoryZ28009QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:43:11 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:41:05 AM »

and I am PURE SWEET and INNOCENT!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 01:17:43 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR S WOODY
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 01:22:17 AM »

Today I have been listening to some songs by Gilbert Becaud.

DVD - still the Uk/Belgium TV series "Secret Army

DR Jeanne (and Elmore) - we thoroughly enjoyed "The Dutchess of Duke Street" (and yes, more so than "Upstairs Downstairs")

Way back in 1975 I saw two of the Juniors from Downstairs in a Christmas Pantomime in London. Chistopher Beeney (Edward) and ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:25:53 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »

Goodnight DRs Jason and George.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 04:06:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: SWIVET!
When Elise brought the steaming tuna casserole to the table, she was talking so much that she missed the trivet completely and put the scorching pot directly on the table, giving her entire family a SWIVET as the smell of burning wood reached their noses!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 04:08:13 AM »

Happy Birthday SWW!!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family and freinds!
Thank-you, DakotaCelt.  My best hopes for your family and friends, and to you as well!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR S WOODY
THANK-YOU, DR TOMOVOZ

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:15:23 AM »

TOD:
Book: The Olive and the Caper, by Susanna Hoffman.  It's a cookbook (duh) about the foods of Greece.

CD:  No One Is Alone, performed by Laurie Beachman and produced by The Esteemed One.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 04:22:10 AM »

As for DVDs, der B and I laid our hands on a nifty box set of Shakespeare films: the Branaugh Hamlet, the Olivier Othello, the Reinhart Midsummer Night's Dream, and the Cukor Romeo and Juliet.

The list of performers in these films is longish, and they all have names, many of which are recognizable.  Apparently, you cannot be a nobody if you want to get cast in a Shakespeare film, at least if you want a speaking part.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 04:25:42 AM »

And now I must get ready for work.  Tra and la.

Der Brucer is asleep on the couch.  So are Fletcher and Mikey.  Bonnie and Buster are on the window ledge behind the couch.  It's very crowded.

Nope, Buster just left the ledge and gingerly climbed over der B to get to the floor.  More room.

singdaw

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:38 AM »

VOTE for AMANDA!!!

Ben

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:28 AM »

Happy Non-Cooking Birthday to Woody!

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:22 AM »

A WONDERFUL NATAL DAY, DR SWW![/color][/size]

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:29 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.... and slingblade!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 05:04:21 AM »

From Adrianna Patti last night:

Not to say anything about your show in particular, but what you say is true...Look at
"The Perfect Crime" across the street from TKTS...It was HORRRIBLE, yet sells out everyday to the tourists and has been running for years.

Adrianna, you saw that piece of s**t play??? I'm so sorry for you. As I've said before, Perfect Crime has to be one of the absolute worst things I have ever seen in my entire life. I began seeing theatre as a young un' (around 11 or 12 years old) and I'm now 54 and I think Perfect Crime ranks as one of the top five worst things ever and the fact that it's been running for over 24 years is AMAZING!!!

Oh, and one more thing, the show is now at 50th Street and Broadway in the "new" Snapple Theatre Center. The building which housed the theatre on Broadway between 46th and 47th Streets is being dismantled and yet another multi-story office building will line the streets of midtown Manhattan. That building also housed the old HoJo's and the remnants of the old entrance to the Globe Theatre which is now called the Lunt-Fontanne. The name was changed and the entrance moved to 46th Street in 1958 and the theatre re-opened with Lunt and Fontanne doing Friedrich Dürrenmatt's The Visit.

And that, good audience, is your theatre history lesson for today.

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »

DR François:  THANK YOU for that wonderful CB clip!  I had not seen that...    John Schneider sounds good!

***CASTING VIBES*** and ***GET-IT-ALL-DONE VIBES*** for our dear bk

***PAIN-FREE VIBES*** to DR TCB

***GOOD RESULTS VIBES*** for DR td's DM

DR Jason:  Glad that your meeting went well, and here's hoping that they address some of your concerns.  And BRAVO on your [continued] wonderful waistline achievement!

Good news for you, DR Cason, on the extension.  Now, to just get you on stage...

***PEACEFUL AND COPING VIBES*** to DR DakotaCelt.

And thanks, DR Vixmom, for that interesting and intriguing link.

And sorry if I've missed anyone or anything else that needs vibes.

FJL

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 05:16:01 AM »

I need vibes.  I woke up, and looked at last night's posts only  to realize I've offered to be Miss Karen's attorney in her Case case against me.  

Not only that, but I realize that not only am I old enough to be Case's father, but I'm old enough to be Jason's father as well.  Vibes, please!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:17:35 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 05:16:27 AM »

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 05:17:02 AM »

BK, I just got this e-mail from the agent for your latest "Fred" choice:

Thanks for the offer...STOP...Unable to accept...STOP...Actor due in Brooklyn for tap shoe fitting...STOP... Can I interest you in David Hasslehoff?
STOP!!!
[/size]

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:19:34 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 05:19:29 AM »

Happy happy birthday, S Woody.  Any way you arrange the letters, it means have a great day!

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 05:20:21 AM »

***ALL-PURPOSE, INDUSTRIAL-STRENGTH VIBES***[/size]
to DR FJL

singdaw

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 05:31:10 AM »

Young Frankenstein clips are already spouting on YouTube!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 05:33:57 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]HAPPY[/size][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]BIRTHDAY[/size][/move]
[size=8]DR WOODY!![/size]
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up