Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TIVO TROUBLE  (Read 26359 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TIVO TROUBLE
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2004, 11:15:08 AM »

Panni is BUSY.  Every day there are new adventures for her, new phone calls, new packages.  This is a BUSY person.  

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2004, 11:15:09 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Good Archie vibes...[/move]

Panni

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2004, 11:17:20 AM »

Every day there are new adventures for her

You bet your sweet Tivo! Tomorrow I fly to San Francisco.

Panni

« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2004, 11:18:54 AM »

...And Sunday I fly back to LA.  Flying here, flying there. BUSY, busy.

Panni

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2004, 11:23:28 AM »

But that's nothing compared to my darling daughter, who turns 20 tomorrow. That in itself is an adventure. But in the past three weeks she's been to San Francisco (where she lives and goes to school), LA, Treasure Island (Florida), San Diego, Mexico (I forget where) back to San Diego, then back to San Francisco.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2004, 11:23:43 AM »

Was Lava really just a hand soap?  And which end of the Castile soap was for humans and which for laundry?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2004, 11:25:40 AM »

I just looked at my navel and found all kinds of lint inside it. I was trying to figure out why since I bathe regularly, and I realized it was because I had recently switched from a synthetic comforter to a cotton quilt (because I wanted more warmth and needed to send the synthetic to the cleaners).  Gosh, you'd think we'd have been designed better.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 03:34:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Panni

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2004, 11:26:02 AM »

Okay, that's enough talking to myself. I must read, then I must clean my home environment and clear my desk. Whenever I fly anywhere I always make sure to leave my place very neat... Just in case.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2004, 11:26:36 AM »

I think the newer models are DR RON.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2004, 11:27:03 AM »

Was Lava really just a hand soap?  And which end of the Castile soap was for humans and which for laundry?

Wasn't Lava also a lamp style?

You'll have to call a Captain to get the answer about the Castile soap.  Only Captains from Castile know the secret.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2004, 11:27:58 AM »

I think the newer models are DR RON.

You mean the ones grown in test tubes?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2004, 11:30:31 AM »

LOL - everybody into the gene pool!

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2004, 11:38:14 AM »

Happy Birthday to your daughter Panni. It is already tomorrow here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2004, 11:41:45 AM »

MBarnum: Why do you never go hungry in an Egyptian restaurant :  "because of the sand which is there." Why also can you never forget stupid jokes from your gradeschool (please note the use of American term) days.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2004, 11:44:37 AM »

Yes, as you wrote yesterday TOMOVOZ....your book will soon be there, but if a man answers hang up or you may get that funny feeling...if so call Tammy and the Doctor!

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2004, 11:51:11 AM »

DG JRAND wrote:
DRJENNIFER - I always just make my first bid as high as I want to go.  EBAY is too weird...or rather some Ebayers are too twisted for color TV!  And something I found out after awhile....unless it is something VERY RARE...someone always eventually tries to sell another one!  If a hundred thousand of them were made....there is more than one to sell on EBAY!

When do you place your first/high bid?  Sometimes I think if you bid too soon then others will outbid you.

I think if I had placed my bid at 3 minutes instead of 10 it wouldn't have given the other guy enough time to make a bid (and raise the price by 1.50$).

Isn't it weird though, the satisfaction one gets from winning.  I rarely bid on ebay and most times i've done the "buy it now", which i much prefer.  But it is strangely satisfying.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 11:54:51 AM by Jennifer »

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2004, 11:53:45 AM »

Come February and not September the package should arrive? Tell me true.
Useless information time #390. The Bobby Darin version of "Come September" was hardly ever played in OZ. The Santo & Johnny version was a top 10 hit.
"Multiplication" is the name of the game.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2004, 11:54:05 AM »

So did I - and then I saw him in a movie (I forget which one) and suddenly he had turned into Terry Thomas.

Now, I am the one that is laughing out loud, Dan!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2004, 11:55:20 AM »

I just told someone that there was nothing on television tonight, and that I'd be watching movies, but I forgot that new episodes of MONK start tonight at 10. That's something *I* can look forward to. (I know others here don't like the show, but I think it's a total hoot.)

If not watching, I will be recording it. :)

Jane

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2004, 11:59:19 AM »

For pity's sake!  We are now into the new season of "Stargate: SG1" on the SciFi Channel with the maturing-beautifully Richard Dean Anderson, the ever-lovely Amanda Tapping and the incredible Michael Shanks.

Am I the ONLY sci-fi fan here??

Danise and I both watch Stargate.  Michael Shanks is looking better every season and he looked darn good from the first episode.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 11:59:56 AM by Jane »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2004, 12:05:55 PM »

DR JENNIFER I place my highest bid when I see something, and then don't think about it until it's over.  If I get outbid a day or so before it ends, I have time to think about how much I want it...or NOT!  I rarely do the last minute thing....that's when people who REALLY WANT IT get onto an item.  And yes I like BUY IT NOW, but I always check at Amazon first or do a Google.com search to see if it's available anywhere else for less!

LOL TomovOZ!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2004, 12:08:58 PM »

Jennifer - three minutes gives one hundred people a chance to outbid you.  So does one minute, thirty seconds, etc.  If you want to insure you will never lose an auction (as long as the bid doesn't go higher than what you're willing to pay), then you must, as much as you hate others who do it to you, snipe at the last minute.  I used to have to sit here at the computer, calculating bid times, timing it right down to fifteen seconds before the close of an auction.  All that is unnecessary now because of a place called esnipe.com.  If you register there, I believe there's a trial period that costs nothing to use the service.  Once the trial period is over you have to purchase "bid points" but they're like ten or twenty bucks.  The point is, I purchased one set of bid points for twenty bucks and that was over a year ago, so it's good value for money and I simply don't lose auctions.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2004, 12:15:58 PM »

Now, I am the one that is laughing out loud, Dan!

ME TOO! :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2004, 12:17:05 PM »

LOL and while I was yapping, I just got outbid on something! ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 12:17:34 PM by JRand53 »

Jane

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2004, 12:18:07 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto I also enjoyed your personal story.  I just changed my poor Archie to GREAT NEWS!  :) That sure felt good.  Continued good vibes to you both.

Of course there are always extra good vibes to send.  derBrucer, just remember-the move will get done and it will be over soon.  Boy, do I know how you feel. :'(

Ann that was a sweet story.

TCB-LOL.   Michael wore a tank top in the last episode.  I notice these things when it comes to him. ;)

Charles Pogue what a surprisingly delightful visit to a DMV.  Sounds even better than our small town DMV experiences.

MBarnum let me know how you like the restaurant.  I just emailed my son and asked him about Mummy’s.  If he actually reads and answers my mail I’ll let you know if he has an opinion.

Panni it didn’t sound disgusting, just funny and like a nice memory.  Have a great weekend in S.F.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2004, 12:23:08 PM »

Good morning. Just got a FedEx of a book I might (operative word MIGHT) be asked to adapt - so must get down to reading it. It's pretty short, won't take long. But first...

Panni -- I have obviously worked too long for Children's Services.  I thought you wrote that you had a book that you might be asked to adopt.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2004, 12:34:07 PM »

DR JENNIFER I place my highest bid when I see something, and then don't think about it until it's over.  If I get outbid a day or so before it ends, I have time to think about how much I want it...or NOT!  I rarely do the last minute thing....that's when people who REALLY WANT IT get onto an item.  And yes I like BUY IT NOW, but I always check at Amazon first or do a Google.com search to see if it's available anywhere else for less!

I never bid on anything when i first see it. I always wait till the end. I sort of don't get people who put the highest price right away, cause it pushes the price up too high, too fast.

Of course you can't always be at the computer at the last minute.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2004, 12:36:35 PM »

Oh, Jennifer, did you bother to read my post just a few posts above?  It will tell you all about not being at your computer.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2004, 12:37:37 PM »

Well, Jane, you constantly surprise me!  Who would have thought that such a sweet, demur lady as yourself, would think of Michael Shanks as a HOTTIE!  .... and Danise, also?
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2004, 12:38:13 PM »

Jennifer - three minutes gives one hundred people a chance to outbid you.  So does one minute, thirty seconds, etc.  If you want to insure you will never lose an auction (as long as the bid doesn't go higher than what you're willing to pay), then you must, as much as you hate others who do it to you, snipe at the last minute.  I used to have to sit here at the computer, calculating bid times, timing it right down to fifteen seconds before the close of an auction.  All that is unnecessary now because of a place called esnipe.com.  If you register there, I believe there's a trial period that costs nothing to use the service.  Once the trial period is over you have to purchase "bid points" but they're like ten or twenty bucks.  The point is, I purchased one set of bid points for twenty bucks and that was over a year ago, so it's good value for money and I simply don't lose auctions.

Well there are not that many people bidding on the things I want.  So I know if I put in my highest bid at 10 minutes, then whatever happens, happens. If someone wants it, they will have to pay more than what I am willing to spend.

What is esnipe? They automatically bid for you on ebay? I don't really understand.

How can it make it so you don't lose?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up