Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 80970 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2007, 07:13:37 AM »

I'm on my two-sies.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2007, 07:14:04 AM »

Work calls, and I must answer.

I am taking things in to change the store over from SUMMER to FALL....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »

Good morning!

Another hot day in store with no rain in sight. The week looks much the same. I had thought it might be cool enough this morning to open doors and widows and air out the house, but it wasn't.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »

I really enjoy the succession of fun pictures of DR Jason last night. The one with Homer SImpson was priceless.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2007, 07:30:18 AM »

Thanks for some walking tour photos, DR Jose. I enjoyed seeing those. Didn't know about the Katharine Hepburn street sign, so appreciated getting to see it.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2007, 07:32:07 AM »

Yes, I knew about the bootleg ELLERY QUEEN DVDs. They've been peddling them on Ebay for years (for outrageous prices) which I won't pay. I can't believe Universal won't at some point want to release it.

I also keep hoping that either the Universal HD channel or the SLEUTH channel (owned by Universal) would start running them, but so far, nothing.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2007, 07:34:40 AM »

Today I'll be concentrating once again on UGLY BETTY. I'm planning at one point in the afternoon to take a break and watch something else fairly short - maybe a Judy Garland Show (TV) or HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2.

But for most of the day it will be UGLY BETTY.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2007, 07:35:57 AM »

I read in the newspaper that the premiere broadcast of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 broke all records for a cable broadcast premiere - 17+ million, beating even the first Monday Night Football game premiere on ESPN which logged 16 million.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »

Good Morning HHW!!!

Nice pictures Jose!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 07:47:45 AM »

I was reading an article in yesterday's USA Today about a street in Brooklyn called Coney Island Avenue that is culturally diverse.  Are any of the NYC HHWers familiar with that area?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

MBarnum, not sure if you caught my question yesterday...

Are you familiar with the Indian film, PARTNER?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »

Thanks to DRs DAKOTA CELT and EDISAURUS....yes the long nightmare is over.....but THE SUNSHINE BOYS is now ahead of me....whew.

And I get to work today!  But it is only for six hours or so.....I think I can do that.

Thanks for the kind words JRand...

Break a leg with the SUNSHINE BOYS!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »

Cajajojo? (an 80's band reference)

CAJASE

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2007, 07:58:35 AM »

MBarnum, not sure if you caught my question yesterday...

Are you familiar with the Indian film, PARTNER?

Yes, I actually went and saw it at the theater a couple of weeks ago. It was not a bad film...but it wasn't great. Salman Khan takes his shirt off frequently, so that was worth the price of admission...oh, and the great fried pakoras served in the lobby during admission was a plus, also.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2007, 08:00:03 AM »

Loved all the photos last night of DR Jason's hat modeling and the NY shots.

How I miss NYC and the NY HHWers!

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »

It started raining last night, which was actually rather nice and refreshing..and now I do not need to water the yard!  ;D

Rainy days are also good days to sit on the couch and movie watch all day long, which I think is what I will do.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »

Last night's Bollywood feature was BOMBAY TO GOA (1972)...a cute comedy that has quite a cult following...I am not sure why...it didn't seem particularly special...other then it had a huge load of Bollywood comedians in it. The story was about a odd assortment of bus passengers travelling from Bombay to Goa. Lots of special guest star appearences in the IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD way.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »

Heading down now to pick back up where I left off with episode 6 of UGLY BETTY.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  I slept in until 9:30am, which is quite late for me.

DR Jose - thank you, thank you, thank you for the photos of the neighborhood where DH Richard and I will be staying this fall.  I can't wait!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2007, 08:10:14 AM »

Partners is showing next week in Fargo for one night.

Miss Karen

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2007, 08:10:24 AM »

Hmm..

JoCaJa

JaCaJo

CaJoJa

CaJaJo

JosCasJas

JasCasJos

CasJasJos

CasJosJas

Two Gays and A Straight

Yes, No, Yes

No, Yes, No

J/C/J

...The Mind Boggles....

JaJoCaso -- some sort of dip with chips ...

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »

Looking Uptown on 9th Ave:

The glass building on the left side is the gorgeous Alvin Ailey School and sometimes you can look through its windows and see gorgeous dancers.  It's one of those wonderful pieces of architecture that seems to have transformed the entire neighborhood.  It used to be a corner of hell's kitchen that wasn't particularly attractive, non-descript.  Now, well, I'm pretty pleased to be on 55th, West of 9th.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »

Looking West down W. 54th:

*In the middle of the block on the right, is where DR Jason used to work, MTI.  And further down down the block on the left are Sony Studios where the still unreleased OCR of Lestat was recorded.  ;)

I think our studio apartment is in the building on the right, beyond the building that houses the deli.  The one with the lamplights.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Miss Karen

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »

Caso, Jaso and Joseo (a gay law firm that will help a stray straight Case)

Miss Karen

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2007, 08:21:59 AM »

I think our studio apartment is in the building on the right, beyond the building that houses the deli.  The one with the lamplights.

DR Ginny ~ I'm sure you already posted the answer to this question, but refresh my memory: How did you find your NYC sublet?

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »

DR Ginny ~ I'm sure you already posted the answer to this question, but refresh my memory: How did you find your NYC sublet?

Found it first listed on Craig's List, then cross-referenced it on vacationrentals.com, and got input about the neighborhood from DRs Ben, Noel, Elmore, and Jose.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2007, 08:47:09 AM »

and no case will go unsolved Karen!

FJL

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:02 AM »

singdaw - Julie really misses the HHW board, but has been so incredibly busy with Starfighter stuff.  She will definitely be back.  She definitely has not left the board.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:49 AM »

Today's guest speaker is a young man who grew up in our church. I taught him Sunday School briefly, as I recall. He became a minister and got a church out of state and has a lovely wife and three children.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »

dakota - Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn runs for a good number of miles, with only the very end of it actually being in the Brighton Beach/Coney Island vicinity of interest to tourists and funseekers.  So it runs through many neighborhoods, includes many homes and businesses.    

Much like Broadway in Manhattan as a street - people think of Broadwy as the theaters, but it spans many miles of diverse neighborhoods.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up