Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS  (Read 71162 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:19 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with merriment and mirth and laughter and legs, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - it's their first day of rehearsals for MOOSICAL, the MUSICAL.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:40:37 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSALS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »

And the word of the day is: ANACREONTIC!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »

Will we never get to page two?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:27:26 PM »

I will single-handedly take us to page two.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »

It's too late to take us to page two all by my lonesome.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:09 PM »

Well, I shall now try to sleep on this very thin mattress thing on a very hard piece of board.  Hopefully I'm tired enough that I'll just fall asleep quickly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:44 PM »

Happy Birthday TCB!!

I hope you have a great day filled with freinds, family and a few surprises!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »

Vibes for rehearsal!!

Vibes for casting!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Michael

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »

Happy Birthday TCB
Never stop dreaming.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 10:46:34 PM »

Happy Birthday TCB!!!!!!  
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »

Well, I never really had any pets, it is hard to own a real pet when you live in an apartment. I do have a happy goldfish story though.

I won a ten cent goldfish at a carnival when I was little, so we bought a tank and kept it. Years later, it was still alive. It had a crooked tail, and seemed like it would live forever. We were going on a long vacation once and could not find someone to feed it, so we took it to a local lake and set it free. It happily swam away, and is probably still alive today.

"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

FJL

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »

Happy happy birthday, TCB!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »

A Very Happy (and pain-free) Birthday to TCB!!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 12:32:37 AM »

I saw "Hairspray" last night and I liked it as much as I did the first time...maybe even a little better. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »

Not wanted here

Oh...I was thinking of someone else.  I'm glad I'm wrong, but I'm disappointed about it being her. :-\

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 12:48:33 AM »

TOD:

The following tales have been told:

Rover, the donut eating stray that endeared himself to my Mother by "protecting" my baby brother from the man down the street (unfortunately Mom was in his house chatting with his wife, and the Baby was on their porch when the man attmpted to tnter his house).

Patsy, who used to steal dead chickens from the neighboring farm and spread feathers all over the neighborhood.

The Easter ducks that would not die - and the neverending supply of breakfast duck eggs from their new home at the farm.

The neverending Easter rabbits who escaped in the wild for one wonderous night - and contaminated the gene pool for years. The population control provided by the Friedhoffers who loved Hasenpfeffer.

Sam, the tortoise shell cat that came and went via the fireplace chimney. (And who had her litter of kittens at my feet in bed - at a friend's house on out first night of a cross country trip - and spent the rest of the trip trying to throw the kittens out of the car window!)

Sidney, the blind white rat that Fred, the Boa, refused to eat one day and who became a favorite pet.

The poor young corn snake that crawled into my daughters mouse cage, ate the occupants, and was then too fat to get back out.

The look on my Wife's face when she opened her guitar case and found Fred, the boa curled up inside - she called to my son to come get his snake and was amazed to see him arrive with Fred II curled around his neck (Fred I had disappeared some weeks before and had been replaced).

My consternation when I was in the checkout line of the supermarket with my eldest when I noticed that his six foot boa was comfortably wrapped around his neck.

Tramp, the one-eyed dog who came with the house I rented in Newport RI for 2 years. I would be gone for weeks at a time, but he was always there to greet me on my return.

The cockatiel that loved blue cheese dressing and insisted on taking showers with me.

And, of course, the wonderful tales of Bonnie and Clyde (now Buster).

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »

Oh...I was thinking of someone else.  I'm glad I'm wrong, but I'm disappointed about it being her. :-\

Elmore will be heartbroken.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 01:16:55 AM »

DR TCB - YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL CELEBRATION TODAY!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

singdaw

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:04 AM »

***GOOD NEWS VIBES***[/color][/size]
for bk
and
***FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL VIBES***[/color][/size]
for the entire company of THE BRAIN
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:11:57 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 01:20:08 AM »

WOD:  Perhaps DR TCB will have an anacreontic celebration of his natal day.  ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »

[size=8]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DF DR TCB[/size]
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »

The latest iPhone snafu!

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:51 AM »

DR Tomovoz...

Are those two male bears?   :o   :)

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 03:57:59 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 04:54:35 AM »

DR elmore3003, good morning!   I listened to Ron Raines's So in Love with Broadway on my way to work this morning, which has several contributions by you.  He has such a wonderful ring in his voice!

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 05:00:50 AM »

Ok, I'll bite.

What's wrong with Sally Mayes?

???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 05:05:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  I don't like hotel beds, and much as I love staying at the Capitol Hill Suite, I was delighted to crawl into my own bed last night.  I had weird dreams about the Macbeths: I had rewritten a chart for their band, of which Lady M is the reigning diva, and because she wasn't being featured as much as she liked, they stopped rehearsing the number.  

Speaking of divas, DR MichaelShayne, I don't understand the post with Ms Mayes, which seems rather hostile:  are you saying she was not wanted for the cast? Has she been cast and I missed something? I don't believe BK has any problems wth her, although I think she might be getting a bit long in the tooth for the role of Joyce and she wouldn't be someone I'd like to work with again.

So, this morning I go to the post office for my mail, then to Toyland to drop off all of my photocopies.  The trip was quite successful with one exception: we left at the Landover, MD, annex a carton of original orchestra parts to THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER, but we did cart six cartons back to DC of the original WIZARD OF OZ (nearly complete vocal score), three(!!!) vocal scores to the 1909 Montgomery & Stone hit, THE OLD TOWN, and a carton of Lionel Monckton's THE ARCADIANS, which contained an early vocal score which included in the main text and appendix around 7 numbers no longer with the score as it was finalized.

So, most of the photocopying I wanted/needed to do is completed.  I'll go back in October for the LADY OF THE SLIPPER materials: my colleague Tom Murray is in London with Jason Robert Brown's PARADE until December, so the work on LOS will slow down until then.

I may stop by Nola Studios today and catch a bit of the rehearsal and say howdy to BK, BJ, Cason, and anyone else there I know.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 05:09:09 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:09:57 AM by singdaw »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 05:14:08 AM »

DR elmore3003, good morning!   I listened to Ron Raines's So in Love with Broadway on my way to work this morning, which has several contributions by you.  He has such a wonderful ring in his voice!

Ron's my best friend, and I can still remember how he blew my socks off in the 1981 Houston Grand Opera of SHOW BOAT.  He sounded like a young John Reardon, who had one of the most wonderful baritone voices around, and had a great sense of humor; he had to, since his wife Dona has one of the sharpest wits around: no wonder Charlotte is so brilliant!  I just did another chart for Ron - "I Won't send Roses" - and your post reminds me I have to make a piano reduction for him.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Happy Birthday, DR TCB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 05:14:12 AM »

Great pet stories, DR der Brucer!  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up