Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HOT NUTS  (Read 31062 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:HOT NUTS
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 07:34:35 AM »

He was Nelson to Christianne Noll's Jeannette at City Center Encores!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »

If you like beautiful religious music, it's hard to beat Brahm's glorious German Requiem.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »

And if you prefer to watch him strut his stuff and sing, he's great with Mozart!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 07:37:38 AM »

Or Tennessee Williams meets Andre Previn and they vacation in the French Quarter.  I have two other friends in this production, the Stella and the Newsboy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 07:39:09 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

TOD:
I like almonds and pecans in small quantities--raw, unsalted. I also like hazelnuts.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 07:39:41 AM »

We're still on page one?

Yes then, no now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 07:40:16 AM »

And if you prefer little opera (operetta) to Grand Opera, he's the romantic lead in THE MERRY WIDOW in a Zurich production.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 07:40:51 AM »

Good morning!

I slept later this morning than I have in months! Don't know why. Yesterday was no more tiring than usual. I guess it's just my body catching up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »

End of pimp frenzy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 07:41:49 AM »

I like almond, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts - we always called them filberts, hmmm

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 07:42:39 AM »

Here I am, talking about nuts, while DR ELMORE is displaying his encyclopedic knowledge of music. siiiigh. No contest.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 07:43:13 AM »

Good morning!

I slept later this morning than I have in months! Don't know why. Yesterday was no more tiring than usual. I guess it's just my body catching up.

DR Matt H, it's the seasonal change. I blame it all on the approaching solstice.

Are you going to have a chance to show our DR Jose a good time in Charlotte? Or  are all the rumors true that DR Jose is the Good Time In Charlotte?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:50:21 AM by elmore3003 »

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 07:43:21 AM »

My favorite nutmeats are almonds and cashews. Recently, the grocery store where I shop had the Nature Valley nut and vogurt bars on sale, and I bought two boxes each of the almond and cashew bars. The cashews were fine, but the almonds were to die for. Sad to say, when I went back for more, they were sold out (replaced by peanut bars which are OK, too). The almond bars have not been restocked since.

Honestly, though, I can't think of any nuts I don't enjoy eating (make of that what you like, DR TCB)!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:03 AM »

I like almond, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts - we always called them filberts, hmmm

Growing up, I thought I didn't like filberts. Then, as an adult, I learned I like hazelnuts. I like them better as hazelnuts.  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »

Here I am, talking about nuts, while DR ELMORE is displaying his encyclopedic knowledge of music. siiiigh. No contest.

There never was, nor ever will be, a contest with you, DR Jeanne!

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »

TOD elaboration:

Cashews - roasted & salted or candied to eat; also over ice cream with caramel topping (Culvers Frozen Custard has a to-die-for caramel cashew sundae)

Almonds - just to eat, in chicken dishes, in and over ice cream, in Hershey bars, in M&Ms

Pecans - my favorite nut for baking - in cookies, brownies, coffee cake, etc.; also as the coating for cheeseballs.  And pecan waffles, which I just might have to make for breakfast tomorrow.  Even when a recipe calls for chopped walnuts, I always substitute pecans.  Whenever my sister and her husband drive back from Florida, they stop in Tifton, GA, and bring me fresh pecan halves - the best.

Their daughter, my DN Laura, lives in the town where Beer Nuts are made.  We always go to the factory store on our way out of town.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:35 AM »

Hello,

I am writing for Michael.

He was in a car accident on Thursday.

He suffered minor injuries. A burn on the arm was the worst of it.

He is just really sore all over.

He will be back when he is feeling better
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:39 AM »

DR Matt H, it's the seasonal change. I blame it all on the approaching solstice.

Are you going to have a chance to show our DR Jose a good time in Charlotte? Or  are all the rumors true that DR Jose is the Good Timne In Charlotte?

Our tentative plans right now are to have dinner together SUnday night. He's got a lot of free time today, but Saturdays are not good for me to plan anything.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:28 AM »

Hello,

Hope you will send him al my good wishes for a speedy recovery. So sorry to read this.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:29 AM »

Why is it that everyone else slept well and slept late last night/this morning, while I continue to wake up at 6 o'clock WHEN I DON'T NEED TO??

Hurruummmph!!

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 07:47:55 AM »

Why is it that everyone else slept well and slept late last night/this morning, while I continue to wake up at 6 o'clock WHEN I DON'T NEED TO??

Hurruummmph!!

I've been saying the same thing for WEEKS! I have no commitments in the mornings, and it's usual that I wake between 6 and 7, and often, I can't fall back asleep when I do this. It's maddening!   :P

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »

There never was, nor ever will be, a contest with you, DR Jeanne!

MWAH!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »

Hope you will send him al my good wishes for a speedy recovery. So sorry to read this.

Yes! Please send DR Michael S my good wishes as well.  I'm happy that his injuries were not worse and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:48 AM »

Tonight on Showtime-HD is WORLD TRADE CENTER which I never saw either at the movies or on DVD. I had debated about buying the Blu-ray when it came out, but even though the movie got good reviews, I wasn't sure I'd ever want to revisit the film once I saw it, so I held out and didn't buy it. I'll see for myself this weekend if I made the right decision.

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:51 AM »

SPEEDY RECOVERY VIBES TO DR MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 07:51:10 AM »

Hello,

My VERY BEST REGARDS to the real MICHAEL S. I'm glad that the injuries were minor, but I bet that he feels a bit shaken up as well. Sounds like "multiple contusions."

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 07:51:36 AM »

I think I'm going to skip the class and save the money to spend on Levian Cookies in New York.  :)

I do have to go find a silly gift of some sort for my friend Chris, who is having a 60th birthday party tonight.  

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 07:51:54 AM »

And thank you to both the real Michael S and today's substitute for letting us know.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »

Tonight is the premiere of John Barrowman's new series TORCHWOOD on BBC-America. I have set my DVR to record it since I'm not sure if I'll be home or not. It's based on the bisexual character he played on DOCTOR WHO, so it might be something unique to watch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2007, 07:54:41 AM »

Tonight on Showtime-HD is WORLD TRADE CENTER which I never saw either at the movies or on DVD. I had debated about buying the Blu-ray when it came out, but even though the movie got good reviews, I wasn't sure I'd ever want to revisit the film once I saw it, so I held out and didn't buy it. I'll see for myself this weekend if I made the right decision.

I think it's a film that, while my oh!-let's-watch-an-accident curiosity is piqued, I still can't bear to watch.  9/11, as it should, gets under my skin and outrages and upsets me.  The fact that that ass bin laden is still out there ranting and the US has spent billions of dollars on a "war on terror (my ass)" and can't capture the man only adds to my anger and grief over so many cruel deaths here, DC and a field in Pennsylvania.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up