Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 47742 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2007, 07:00:28 AM »

Good morning, all! I came back to the apartment last night, posted, and went to bed.  I slept about 8.5 hours so I feel rather chipper at the moment.  For the last 20 minutes I've been sending via email the nytheatre.com review all over the country.

DR Jose, thanks for the festivity photos! I agree with DR singdaw: the "Hands" photo is fantastic!  Are you heading downtown? Do you want your birthday present today? Call me!

Today is a NYPL day, after I tidy up this dump a bit.  I get too much mail and after three days of intense work and no tidying, the place is a disaster.

Tonight, DRs Cason and Miss Karen are meeting up with Miss Erin Webley of "The Brain" cast and Im thinking I may join them, depending on how late it is.  I've got a 10 am rehearsal tomorrow for the Plaza Hotel piece, so I need to be at the rehearsal by 9:45.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2007, 07:16:42 AM »

Such Good Friends opened strong.  The story was told.  People got it.  All sorts of strangers came up to me to tell me they loved it.  Plus, of course, some family and friends.  The actors survived a harrowing tech day, which I smartly was nowhere near.  The costumes were wonderful, and it was also my first time seeing the lights, most of the set, and some of the props.  I’m told the portrait of the jester was painted DURING act one.  I showed up at the theatre at 7:30, said hello, and took it all in.  Very glad BK made it; looking forward to other DRs attending and saying hello.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »

Good morning, all.

And that's all I have to say about my NYMF opening night.

I'll bet there's a Starfighter in you yet!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2007, 08:03:19 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!

My above post was a rant.  Thank-you.

It's good to see you letting your hair down!

;D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2007, 08:06:42 AM »

It was neat being in a diner with a table full of people who know all the lyrics to THE MUSIC MAN!

For me, it happened when I was quite young.  I saw the movie in 1962 when I was 14.  Thanks to the paperback that featured every line and lyric, I was fully versed by age 15.

Oddly, it "took", whereas much of my high school teachings have gone phffft!

I do have a nice picture of DR Jose eating an unbelievably huge cookie, even larger than Levain's!

Doesn't surprise me a bit.  He's prodigious, that one!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:07:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »

3DDiffusion

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »

I can understand having a lockdown on spoilers from the east coast so that people on the west coast can watch a show fresh.  But discussion of a show within a day of it's broadcast, while it is still fresh in the viewer's memory, should be allowed.  Those who insist on recording a show to watch it at their convenience, or who aren't in the original broadcast zones, should be more tolerant of those of us who want to talk about the show.  Anything other than that is simply censorship, and contrary to freedom of speech.

Hell, the TV Guide gives more information about shows in their one-line blurbs than these censorious screechers allow!

All that was asked for was a line at the top of the post saying "Spoiler below."  Takes about....what... a second to do?  And that's too much to ask?
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2007, 08:09:16 AM »

Good Morning, "Me"!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »

I needs must be on to other activities --- such as getting ready for Miss Erin to barber me.

Auf liederhosen....

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Miss Karen

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:04 AM »

I was present for when Miss Karen was reunited with her "baby Daddy"---in a church, yet!
(After Starfighter).

Yes, my dear Skookie made Boo-Key (and me) proud of his Daddy. I knew way back when in Paris that he had talent and it would all come to this. I even met Skip (but I did not mention my Paris connection nor Boo-Key's parentage since I'm not sure how much if any of the story has been shared with him by Fred ... so the less said maybe the better)... Besides the evening belonged to Skip and SKookie to enjoy their successful opening night!

The kid was cute, but my favorite was the guy playing the alien who takes Alex on the mission. I kept thinking the actor would be great to play the lead in the Music Man. And come to find out we had a whole table of HHWers who could play the Music Man, too.

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2007, 08:17:38 AM »

--- such as getting ready for Miss Erin to barber me.

Bar-Bar-Bar Bar-Barber-An

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2007, 08:18:08 AM »

Now I've barbered you, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

Boy, I guess I needed to sleep late because I slept late.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2007, 08:19:30 AM »

And now I must get ready to see The Last Starfighter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

Glad to hear Noel got lots of kudos - as I mentioned, it looked like he was.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

Jrand - the final Brain at NYMF is tomorrow night.

td

• td
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2007, 08:22:30 AM »

I slept for SEVEN HOURS!  I must have needed sleep, too.  Now, I have so much to do around the house - but, I've already let the http://store.irobot.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2501652&cp=2174940 run its route around the kitchen.

Off to the recycling center.

Laters!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2007, 08:24:01 AM »

Oh, a couple of DRs should be watching their mailboxes this week for nifty manila envelopes filled with vast treasures. . .you know who you are!   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2007, 08:25:42 AM »

My goodness, I wasn't expecting this - I really thought at this late date talkin' broadway wasn't going to get to our show -

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/ob/09_29_07.html

3DDiffusion

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »

Just curious... Is the correct costume designer credited?
---Edna Mode

Miss Karen

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2007, 08:36:42 AM »

Greg was GREAT as the Brain Tap victim -- and yesterday's show was so much fun. Actually, the entire evening was fun. The HHWers were out in force at The Last Star Fighter to cheer Skip and Fred on to victory. Cilla and Samatha are a blast, Edi and Greg are the sweetest things (and continue to make me laugh with their one liners -- Greg may be shy but he can sure throw out some zingers), BJ and Cason are just to-to-to,well,entertaining ("get with the program" took on a whole new meaning as did "giving everyone a hand", as we made our way to the diner), Jose is,well, a Temptress and can really balance a cookie, and bk is,well, bk (a wacky little ol' winemaker).  And the evening included the charming Juliana at the diner,and our talented ELmo and his friend Millie (Milly, Milla, Milo -- sp?) who was raving about The Last Star Fighter as we left the church, I mean, theatre. They declined moving on to the diner with us -- what were they thinking?! They missed a lot of laughs!

FJL

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2007, 08:39:11 AM »

Miss Karen - Very apt comparison of Centauri to Music Man of course, since Robert Preston played Centauri in the film The Last Starfighter.

Miss Karen

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2007, 08:40:28 AM »

Moi, a thief of fries?! Nope, more like bk's personal dietician -- just helping him keep his calorie intake at a minimum...

Miss Karen

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

LOL! Just yesterday, Cason and BJ were joking around and said Professor Leder's costume should be lederhosen...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2007, 08:46:06 AM »

That'sa some spicy meatball.

It seems now we're more in the positive column rather than the neg - three bad reviews (two from opening night, one from last Tuesday's matinee), three essentially positive reviews and one full-out rave.  None of it matters, of course, but essentially being a positive person I'm happy that right now we can accentuate the positive.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2007, 08:46:52 AM »

I've shaved and will shower in about five minutes, then I'll head over to St. Clements around twelve-twenty to pick up my ticket.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2007, 08:49:07 AM »

I've shaved and will shower in about five minutes, then I'll head over to St. Clements around twelve-twenty to pick up my ticket.

Is the correct costume designer for the Brain being credited in all the reviews?
---Edna Mode

Miss Karen

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2007, 08:49:49 AM »

Miss Karen - Very apt comparison of Centauri to Music Man of course, since Robert Preston played Centauri in the film The Last Starfighter.

Well, there you go -- Music Man is one of my favorite musicals so no wonder I loved the Centauri character.  And the actor said several lines last night where his voice sounded a lot like Robert Preston's so kudos to the casting person and to the person who wrote the book ( ;) -- a fun character played well!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:50:39 AM by Miss Karen »

Kerry

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »

I'm glad the show(s) went well.   Sorry that you all had all these complications with the shows.  Now it is time to relax nd enjoy.  Please allow yourselves to do just that.   No matter how a show went, you know that someone in the audience had the time of their life.   That's what theatre is all about.
I like boat races.

Miss Karen

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »

P.S. I have not seen the movie -- but now having seen the musical, I think I will have to rent it...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up