Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 47911 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 05:15:49 AM »

HEROES SPOILER

this week and the season 1 finale

DR Jennifer:

A LAST-SEASON "HEROES" SPOILER

In the finale of season 1, Peter was about to go "nuclear" (this was after Hiro had stopped Siler).  Nathan rushed over to him, embraced him and flew them into the sky.   After some seconds we saw an enormous flash of light.

At the time, I had it in mind that they would NOT kill my favorite character on the show -- Peter, that is -- and devised a scenario in which he might survive, along with Nathan.  That would have Nathan going as high as possible with Peter and then letting him go (Peter was starting to retain powers he absorbed from others and he would have gotten this from Claire).

As we saw, Nathan was a wreck.  He abandoned his politics and apparently embarked upon a binge of self-recrimination.  I have no idea why his wife would have left him, especially since she knew he was special and since she, herself, had been healed.

I wasn't at all surprised to see Peter at the end of the show.  Relieved was more like it.  But it must be one heck of a good story how he managed to be handcuffed in that shipping container.  There is obviously a lot that has happened to both Petrellis that we will need to learn as the season goes forward.

Thanks very much for reminding me. I had vaguely recalled them flying into the sky. But i had forgotten about the blast of light. I really don't get why they didn't show that in the recap.  Since i'm sure i can't be the only one to not recall everything.

It never crossed my mind that peter could be dead. To me hiro, peter and claire are the 3 who won't die. They are the best.

It is an interesting concept to go ahead 4 months. Although i'm quite sure they will have episodes where they go back.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 05:22:21 AM »

Very nice headgear, DR SINGDAW!  DRJOSE has captured the real you in that photo, methinks.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 05:22:39 AM »

Working today.  Oh well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 05:40:15 AM »

TOD:

Let Hertz put you in the driver's seat!!

Only her hairdresser knows for sure.

AND:

I dreamed I [so many different things] in my Maidenform bra.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 05:41:07 AM »

Like this:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 05:42:25 AM »

Or....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2007, 05:43:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOKOLOGY!
The Little Red Hen, a well known master (mistress?) of TOKOLOGY, was also something of a mad scientist - she was obsessed with the theory that chicks could be born without using the entire egg, also known as YOLK TO GO syndrome.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »

DR TCB:   I'm sorry vicodin renders you dangerous in the kitchen.

The time I was on vicodin (a few summers ago after surgery for a broken arm) all I seemed to do was clean stuff.....the refrigerator, the stove....I reorganized a closet....
I thought you were out!   ???

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »

Or....

I hope I don't try that if I get to ride the Cyclone at Coney today.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 05:53:49 AM »

DR Jose, thanks for posting all the pix from last night! Wow, that is the most fun group of people I've ever been a part of!

I wish Elmore, Singdaw and Fred could have been there. Some singing transpired and I would have loved to hear Singdaw Sing!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 05:56:06 AM »

I was present for when Miss Karen was reunited with her "baby Daddy"---in a church, yet!
(After Starfighter).

There's a little kid in Starfighter (Alex's brother) who brought the house down. I love my CD but seeing the show staged made me appreciate it even more!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 05:59:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOKOLOGY!

And The Song Of The Day Is: BABY,BABY,BABY

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:15 AM »

I wasn't at all surprised to see Peter at the end of the show.
I wasn't, either.  But, then, I don't avoid reading news articles about casting and such.

For example, the guy who plays Syler on Heroes, Zachary Quinto, has been cast to play a younger version of Spock in the new Star Trek movie.  OMG, should I have put a spoiler notice on that?  Someone might not have known that the new Star Trek movie would involve Spock... not that it hasn't been all over the entertainment news reports.

Sheesh.

I can understand having a lockdown on spoilers from the east coast so that people on the west coast can watch a show fresh.  But discussion of a show within a day of it's broadcast, while it is still fresh in the viewer's memory, should be allowed.  Those who insist on recording a show to watch it at their convenience, or who aren't in the original broadcast zones, should be more tolerant of those of us who want to talk about the show.  Anything other than that is simply censorship, and contrary to freedom of speech.

Hell, the TV Guide gives more information about shows in their one-line blurbs than these censorious screechers allow!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 06:03:43 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!

My above post was a rant.  Thank-you.

Edisaurus

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2007, 06:06:58 AM »

DR EDISAURUS did not post DH GREG's response on being in the Brain Tap, so perhps we will hear about it today.

Well, do you mean his response to the answering the question posed, or on the whole experience?

He's normally a very quiet, behind-the-scenes type of person so I was happy that he was willing to go up. He wasn't very familiar with the scene, having only seen parts of the show in my editing room, so although he thought of an answer to "the quesiton" beforehand, he took a long enough pause that the audeince didn't know, and Cason had a beautiful response that got a big laugh: "We're trying to keep this show under two hours"!

After the show, about 15-20 people came up to Greg  and told them how funny and how great his responses were, so I think that made it worth the embarrasment for him.

Danise

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 06:09:09 AM »

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in for a moment.   It’s been another long week.  

I haven’t been home early in the evenings like I usually am.  I’ve started to see a chiropractor and I had two appointments this week.  I was a little skeptical about going at first but confess that it is helping more then I thought it would.

I had to do inventory at work this week at one of the units on Thursday and Friday.  Man, am I out of shape!  I was so tired when I got home on Thursday that I just fed the dogs, made myself a quick meal and went straight to bed.  

I had to force myself to go out again last night but felt I had to go to a viewing for a gentleman who worked on our floor who passed away suddenly last Saturday.  

I am going to his funeral this afternoon as well.  He was just two months older then I am.  It really makes you think.

I have a lot to do between now and then so I hope that everyone is doing well and vibes to those who need them!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 06:10:20 AM »

It was neat being in a diner with a table full of people who know all the lyrics to THE MUSIC MAN!

I will have to wait until I get home to post photos, because we brought Greg's little computer which doesn't have the Kodak photo software on it. But it was a lovely group.

I do have a nice picture of DR Jose eating an unbelievably huge cookie, even larger than Levain's!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 06:10:36 AM »

TOD:
...Only her hairdresser knows for sure.
Which reminds me of that old Smothers Brothers bit...

Black was the color of my love's true hair
Though her lips red as a rose.
Black was the color of my love's true hair -
But only her hairdresser - Does she or doesn't she - Only her hairdresser knows!

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 06:12:22 AM »

I'm glad to see the reviewers giving such well-deserved compliments to Cason and BJ!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 06:12:25 AM »

Vibes for Danise.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 06:13:11 AM »

Gotta get to work.  I'll catch up on yesterday's posts when I get back.

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 06:16:16 AM »

George, I'm glad you had such a good time at TMT!

I love the album that Van Dyke Parks worked on with them. I can't remember the title, though.

Speaking of autographs, there was a guy outside of THE BRAIN with a poster full of autographs, getting the cast to sign it.

I saw him again outside of STARFIGHTER.

Wonder if he is one of our lurkers?

Edisaurus

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 06:19:34 AM »

Did bk notice that we had this same title for the notes on July 31st? Then it was The Li'l Old Winemaker, so maybe his computer didn't pick up on that!

I'm trying to remember which wine had this slogan.

singdaw

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 06:20:38 AM »

DRs Cason and/or Miss Karen:

BE SURE to buy some print copies of THE NEW YORK TIMES today.  Although I don't think it appears in the online version of the article on NYMF musicals, there is a photo in the print edition of Cason and Alet!

Edisaurus

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 06:21:33 AM »

Hi, Danise!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff, but vibes that you do soon. TRy to relax and gather your strength!

How's the sleep apnea machine working out?

FJL

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 06:30:47 AM »

Good morning, all.

And that's all I have to say about my NYMF opening night.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 06:34:36 AM by FJL »

Edisaurus

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 06:32:50 AM »

[size=10]V.I.P.!!! (Very Important Post!)[/size]

In true American idol fashion, you can vote on your favorite NYMF show by texting the code of your favorite show to 64641.

I am not going to type out all the codes, but here are a few of them:

FEST07 THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X
FEST16 THE LAST STARFIGHTER
FEST30 SUCH GOOD FRIENDS

Vote early, and vote OFTEN!!!!

And now I'm going to try and figure out how to do that!

Edisaurus

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »

Gee, Fred, I guess I can use you as my backup editor, since we seem to have the same editing style!  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2007, 06:57:08 AM »

Good Morning New York City!!!!  Sam and I came back to the hotel and after calls to her DBF Chris and her DM and DF, we crashed.  Everyone has pretty much described what was a wonderful and extremely funny and entertaining evening.  We certainly had a blast.

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »

I think I left a computer on at home and it's downloading my email. I don't seem to be getting any in my mailbox.  I guess that's a good thing since we are on vacation.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up