Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SIXTH BRAIN  (Read 25821 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SIXTH BRAIN
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:43:04 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were there, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - what is clear is that they're there - not here.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 10:17:03 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SIXTH BRAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:44:02 PM »

And the word of the day is: INFRANGIBLE!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:53:48 PM »

* wish fulfilling vibes to Bruce*
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:38:23 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, of course, as soon as I got into bed, I was suddenly wide awake, so...

Here I am!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:44:22 AM »

...And I think we have convened at The Brooklyn Diner (which is in Manhattan) four times this week, but maybe not four times in a row.  And if not this week, well, most definitely in the past ten days.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:57 AM »

Let's see... Besides myself and BK...  Tuesday night with DRs Miss Karen, Cason and Alet...  Wednesday night post-Brain, post-Theatre Row Diner with DRs Jason, Cason, Miss Karen, MusicGuy, Jeanne, singdaw and BJ... Friday night post-Starfighter/Friends with DRs Cason, Miss Karen, Cillaliz, Samantha, Juliana, Edisaurus and her ever-lovin' Greg and BJ... And earlier tonight (Saturday) with DR Cillaliz, Samantha, Edisaurus and her ever-lovin' Greg (who was basically BJ's stand-in tonight ;) ).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:03:14 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 01:06:24 AM »

Hello again, DR Ron Pulliam.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »

...And it really has been great having The Brain Gang here over the past couple of weeks, especially DR Cason, and, of course, bk.  Sheesh... Bukowsical! seems like ages ago already, and that was just in August.

And to think of the number of slices of Monkey Cake and Levain cookies that have been consumed over the past six to eight weeks... The mind boggles!  ;D

*And I do hope that Amy's Bread has The Monkey Cake tomorrow. If not, I can run down to the Chelsea Market location for a whole cake.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »

And, once again...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:51:03 AM »

Bruce:  Earlier this evening you posted:

There was no private correspondence, just my e-mail to him which went without response.  That is not chastisement - I"m posting the fact that it irked me, just as I would post about anything that irks me, as you well know.  You can speak for yourself, of course, but not for others on this board.  I did find his behavior odd - I said it here.  That's not chastisement, just my opinion, as you well know.  I sent him a nice e-mail stating the facts as I saw them, and I have stated those same facts here since I found out about it.  If someone needs a long break, then so be it.  If someone comes back and cuts the break short, great.  I see no need to woo or not woo - I haven't seen much evidence of people holding back their opinions and I'm certainly not holding back mine.  What people "appreciate" or not appreciate is, I'm sure you'll agree, their business and I'm equally sure you don't need to speak for them, as they all stand up and make themselves heard perfectly well.

This is not a public chastisement, unless one were to consider your post a public chastisement.

My post spoke for me.  You may, of course, consider it any way you choose.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 02:15:35 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:47 AM »

Good morning, all! I am so sorry to see the end of this run of "The Brain." Thank God I have other issues - like how will the Plaza Hotel piece play down today? - before confronting my period of mourning for the show.  I felt the very same way when I left LA last December during the run, that the party was ending too soon and should continue longer.  I will miss enormously the talented boys in the band who have been a major asset, enthusiastically with the show since they came to the first rehearsal, and the wonderful cast who make me smile with appreciation and admiration through every performance.

So I guess it's on to new and other projects, so we'll see if my work at NYMF this year brings in any other work or if the Plaza job leads to something else.  Such is the curse of self-employment.  

I have several friends coming to the show tonight so that's very exciting, and I look forward to seeing the folks I've missed so far - Bill Orr and Joe, vixmom, Ginny and Richard - tonight.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 05:23:45 AM »

I have not had a chance to read last night's posts yet. But i wanted to give my comments on this past week's new CW show REAPER.

S
P
A
C
E

re: reaper

I think a couple of other DRs said that they liked it.  I'm not sure yet how i feel. I didn't love it. But I will try it again this week.

I've recorded a bunch of the new shows (i'm in the middle of CHUCK). and while i knew i loved GOSSIP GIRL right from the start. I can't decide how i feel about REAPER.

The lead guy is just okay. The lead girl is okay. ANd the friend is okay. The whole devil thing is odd. But it could work.

The one part that actually changed my mind a bit (for the better) was something that happened at around :45.  Up until then i really was not sure how this kid would help the devil. I've watched shows like CHARMED and loved them. But i was not loving this show until they sort of clarified what they were going to do.

Now it seems like the people they send to hell will be bad "people" who are going to be committing more crimes. This sort of makes it better to me. Because they are like crimefighters vs people doing bad things with the devil.

So i will try it again to see if the cases they go on are interesting. It's not the greatest idea ever (parents sold the kid's soul to the devil). But it could be cute.

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 05:36:00 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  We made the right decision to stay in last night - watched a movie, settled in, and slept quite well.  Sorry to have missed the dessert gathering at Brooklyn Diner last night - I was asleep by the time it was scheduled to begin.  I'm now enjoying a morning routine much like mine at home - Richard's snoozing, I've showered and am having my coffee and catching up with HHW.

We'll be heading down to Times Square in an hour or so for church.  I'll be there from 10-11, Richard's staying longer.  If a gathering develops after 11am, somebody please call me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 05:49:46 AM »

HI!  Vixter and I had a wonderful time at Starfighter yesterday!  

We had been lucky enough to see the staged reading last year when BK played Otis/Grig and the Vixter was shocked  to see that he was not in the role again.   I explained it would be a bit much as Bruce was busy producing and directinghis own NYMF show, but she still missed him in the part.

I won't get into many of the details of the show for the benefit of those who plan to see it on the upcoming week but I can't wait to discuss it in more detail with those who have already seen it!

I must admit that I did not miss the live orchestra, in fact, until BK mentioned it in his notes I didn't actually notice.... (possibly a product of having listened to  the CD  so much that the recorded sound just sounded "right" to my ear!)

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Miss Karen

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 05:50:14 AM »

...And it really has been great having The Brain Gang here over the past couple of weeks, especially DR Cason, and, of course, bk.  Sheesh... Bukowsical! seems like ages ago already, and that was just in August.

And to think of the number of slices of Monkey Cake and Levain cookies that have been consumed over the past six to eight weeks... The mind boggles!  ;D

*And I do hope that Amy's Bread has The Monkey Cake tomorrow. If not, I can run down to the Chelsea Market location for a whole cake.  :)

(The sound of bells and buzzers) Beware! Beware! Enabler Alert!  

And beware of any Temptress carrying goody bags!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 05:52:31 AM »

Ginny- Vix and I will be attending church and teaching Sunday School and then driving in, we should be in town between 1 & 2 depending on traffic (and the length of the sermon!)

I'll call to see if any one is around.

At the very least we will be visiting Amy's Breads to see if there is any Monkey Cake
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 05:57:46 AM »

I am really enjoying reading about all the NYC get togethers!

For DR Jane, I am feeling a bit better. My fever is completely gone (thank goodness). I only had that really bad fever that one night (wed). My sore throat is mostly gone. It was really bad wed/thurs and started feeling better friday. It's not perfect. BUt it doesn't kill when i swallow.

However those symptoms have turned into new ones. Sort of a sinus head cold with blocked ears, runny nose. But these symptoms are much better than the others ones. Still very tired though and not sleeping too well.

Cillaliz

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 06:00:57 AM »

Good Morning!!   It was 3:00 AM before Sam turned off the computer and turned out the light. Not sure if I slept at all before that, but I woke up at 7:15 and here I am.  She is still sleeping, which is what I'd like to be doing, lol.   Anyway, we're planning to go on the Staten Island ferry today and go to the Brain tonight. Everything else is negotiable.

Miss Karen

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:02:11 AM »

Can't believe my week of musical theatre is coming to a close -- but what a way to go out -- with The Brain's closing night.  All the NYC HHWers, as well as all the tourista HHWers, have been just the greatest folks!  

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 06:02:52 AM »

Here's a photo of Sam and I after Legally Blonde..That's Laura Bell Bundy between us

Miss Karen

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »

Ginny- Vix and I will be attending church and teaching Sunday School and then driving in, we should be in town between 1 & 2 depending on traffic (and the length of the sermon!)

I'll call to see if any one is around.

At the very least we will be visiting Amy's Breads to see if there is any Monkey Cake

Here's "Hoping You Arrive At Amy's Before the Temptress" vibes -- otherwise there may be no Monkey Cake to be had ... ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 06:05:50 AM »

Here's Sam with her new BFF DR Jose

Cillaliz

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 06:08:03 AM »

From our Central Park adventures

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 06:09:17 AM »

Beautiful photo from Stawberry Fields. The light is perfect!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 06:13:41 AM »

Good morning! Poor Greg had to get up at 6 to catch his train, after going to bed @2. So I hope he stays awake for the shows!

Any plans for today? Der B and Woody will be in town around 10 and were thinking of going to the zoo, animal lovers that they are. But they sound like they're up for most anything interesting.

Tonight we will be rushing to grab Thai food with Peter Miller and family before we all go to the 6th BRAIN.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 06:14:52 AM »

Vixmom - Thank vixter for her lovely phone message!

td

• td
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 06:16:30 AM »

Still wishing I were in NYC sharing all the festivities!

Great, great, photos, DR Cillaliz!

DR Samantha - that first trip to NYC will always remain special; your trip sure looks special to me!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 06:19:12 AM »

DR Edisaurus, I was thinking about you (and Greg) last night as I watching the "special features" on the new DELIVERANCE dvd. . . .

I say "special features" because they were thrown together by that Laurent person, hence talk then clip, talk then clip - yeesh!  (I hope you or Greg had NOTHING to with it. . .)

td

• td
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 06:19:35 AM »

With a push, we could get to Page Two. . .

td

• td
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 06:20:17 AM »

Oh, yes, we could indeed get to Page Two. . .hopefully before I put on my shoes, head out the door and go to work. . . ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up