Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SIXTH BRAIN  (Read 26133 times)

td

• td
Re:THE SIXTH BRAIN
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »

DR DearReaderLaura - did you take any photos on your walk?  I always look forward to seeing the world through your lens.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »

How's this for the Page Nine Dance?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »

No, I didn't take a camera along this time. They don't take kindly to having a camera in a theater, you know.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »

But thank you for your comment. Maybe tomorrow.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »

For some odd reason I have "IN AMERICA" from WEST SIDE STORY stuck in my head
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »

I hope the New Yorkers are out having a blast celebrating.

Bruce, & anyone else who needs them, SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES tomorrow.

'night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »

I hope so too...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:13 PM »

DAKOTA,
Your inbox is full.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »

Well the party must have started in earnest!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »

DRJANE.....I guess I hadn't read about Sherlock and his bell before....the picture of it made me laugh a lot!!!

Like DR JMK's dog that rings the doorbell.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2007, 07:57:21 PM »

DRJANE.....I guess I hadn't read about Sherlock and his bell before....the picture of it made me laugh a lot!!!

Like DR JMK's dog that rings the doorbell.

Yes, but BeeGee doesn't use his nose, like Sherlock does.  BeeGee literally "stands up" (on his hind legs) and uses his front paw to press the doorbell button.  All the while giving us the "are you crazy leaving me out here in the fresh air?" plaintive look.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »

Yes, but BeeGee doesn't use his nose, like Sherlock does.  BeeGee literally "stands up" (on his hind legs) and uses his front paw to press the doorbell button.  All the while giving us the "are you crazy leaving me out here in the fresh air?" plaintive look.  :)

Well at least when you answer the door, it isn't Zasu Pitts.  ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »

Well at least when you answer the door, it isn't Zasu Pitts.  ;D

Now THAT'S a name I haven't heard in a long time!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2007, 08:03:54 PM »

Travel vibes to BK, MISS KAREN, and CASON!

And let's not forget BJ, either!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »

Additional travel vibes to our "touristas"--CILLALIZ and SAMANTHA, EDISAURUS and GREG, and GINNY and RICHARD, and WOODY and DER BRUCER

whenever they come home!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2007, 08:11:18 PM »

Good night, all.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

DAKOTA,
Your inbox is full.

Try again! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »

Good night Jeanne, pleasant dreams!

Tomovoz

« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »

Not much has happened in my absence of four hours. Is everyone at a theatre somewhere?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »

I just saw EASTERN PROMISES, and I consider it the best mafia film I've seen since THE GODFATHER.
It's actually the Russian mafia in London, not the cosa nostra of Puzo's world.
Three top-lining, award worthy performances from Naomi Watts, Viggo Mortensen and Armin Mueller-Stahl and a thoroughly engrossing, and violent, plot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2007, 09:25:44 PM »

Back from our final NYMF performance and pizza at John's Pizza with a large number of hainsies/kimlets.  I leave comments to others, but for me the show was sloppy and even though I prayed we would go out without techinical snafu, the very first light cue proved me wrong - BJ came on, his background projection came on the screen and then a dark blue fill light came up but not his white front light.  He sat there in darkness for his entire opening, so instead of getting the big laughs it played to a confused audience until the next cue came up and some light actually filled the stage.  I don't know what made me angrier - the fact that there was clearly a light out, or the fact that my stage manager didn't do something about it like raise a bloody dimmer so SOME sort of light was on (there are emergency dimmers right next to her).  Then we were okay until the General's first scene, which also basically played in semi-light thanks to the light that was out.  The audience was great but the show, for me at least, just wasn't sharp enough for my taste.  A couple of actors did unforgivable things like changing stuff that always works and making it completely unfunny in the bargain.  I'm just bafffled by stuff like that.  If it's not broken, please don't fix it for me.  There were missed entrances, a few flubbed lines, but the audience was great and just kept giving nice reaction.  If everything had been sharp, it would have been one of our best performances.  Dear reader Ginny's husband went up for The Brain Tap and he was great.  In fact, with a couple of exceptions, act two played lots better than act one.  I must now write some notes and then try to get three hours of sleep before being on my way to the airport.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »

I am hoping there is a way to copy files from my c drive to my backup drive before I have the beast reformatted...

I have some files I really want to save and others that can be lost. I really want to save the genealogy data.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

I wish I could remember some of the commands for copying from terminal

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »

Friday's performance seemed much sharper to me than today's but there were, as BK wrote, several glitches: the lights and a sound problem with the radio music "to eat steaks by."  It all got off to a poor start but I do feel the audience clearly wanted to love it and had a good time.  My NYPL friend Bob Kosovsky wanted to know how less melodious and funny shows are running to critical acclaim and how no producers - to my knowledge anyway - are banging on doors and lining up with contracts to produce this.

After the show, the party broke into two factions: the cast and some audience went to Shorty's on 9th Avenue and 41st but the place in the long run was too noisy and crowded, and I managed to spill a margarita all over the place and ended up with very sticky hands and clothing.  The other faction went to John's for pizza.  I wish we'd all planned on going to one location because I feel I hardly saw a lot of people I wanted to spend more time visiting.  After the margarita mess - I had gone to Shorty's because I had promised Erin Webley a margarita after her LSATs yesterday - it was easier to say goodbye and head uptown.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2007, 09:46:22 PM »

I will need to head out shortly and since I do not have an operational computer at home, I bid goodbye until tomorrow. Take care everyone!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »

I forsee both Elmore and I reaching 10,000 posts this upcoming week!

td

• td
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »

I reach a new plateau of some sort in just 8 posts.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »

Jose, have an oatmeal raisin cookie for me.

Jane, I just had one for you!

My DH and I are back at our hotel and having a treat in bed.

No...not what you think. We're eating Levain cookies in bed. Oatmeal for me, chocolate peanut butter for Greg.

DR Jose is not only an enabler, he is a perfect host. This weekend would not have been half as fun if he hadn't been there coordinating get-togethers and joining us. You should have seen him taking command of John's Pizzaria tonight. He knew exactly how much food and drink 20 people needed, and even convinced the restaurant to stay open a little later to accomodate us.

He is masterful!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

td

• td
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2007, 09:51:49 PM »

MYRA BRECKENRIDGE's director, Michael Sarne appears onscreen in EASTERN PROMISES.
Poet and novelist Jerzy Skolimowski also appears.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up