Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED  (Read 37801 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2007, 09:37:56 AM »

And the word of the day is: NOSISM!  And we are not kidding.
Queen Victoria turned to the impertinent ingenue and said, in a low but direct tone, "NO, MISS, we are not guilty of NOSISM - as we represent the entire British Empire, we are, indeed, a plurality!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2007, 09:38:16 AM »

DR PennyO - congrats on your possible Chicken Soup... publication!  And best vibes for that interview next week!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

The Queen refuses to dance.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »

Oohh... I was just reminded I have a work-session at the casting director's office right after the auditions are done.  Guess I'll cook dinner tomorrow night - I bought the fixin's for a nice roast chicken dinner yesteday: chicken, beets, fennel, carrots, onions, garlic, rosemary.  Very Fall-y.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »

Hmm.. I wonder if any of those kangaroos are related to the ones I saw in that very same park (I think that's the same park) when I was there a couple of years ago.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »

Congrats and Vibes to Penny O

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »

CR man arrested with inflatable doll
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Police arrested a man after finding him in a government building restroom lying beside an inflatable doll.

Cedar Rapids police charged Craig S. McCullough, 47, with indecent exposure after finding him Wednesday afternoon in the public restroom. He had his pants down and was "lying next to an anatomically correct inflatable doll," according to the criminal complaint.

He was found by an agent of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which has an office near the restroom.

McCullough has a lengthy criminal record, including a 2004 conviction for burglarizing Just For Me bridal boutique in Cedar Rapids. Shortly after the burglary, officers found McCullough in a nearby alley, carrying a mannequin wearing a bridal dress.]

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:47:45 AM by Cillaliz »

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

CONGRATS to PENNYO on her story!

BTW, which story was this???

It's a condensation of the first third of the novel, the hideous auditions, the hideous apartment, the poverty and loneliness which culminates in the contemplation of a theatrical suicide, topped by the Busby Berkeley ending: the resurrection of the fantasy of sequins and ostrich feathers and audiences cheering...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »

Congrats and Vibes to Penny O

Thanks, Cill!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2007, 09:54:16 AM »

DR PennyO - congrats on your possible Chicken Soup... publication!  And best vibes for that interview next week!

thank you, Ginny! Fingers x'd!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2007, 09:58:29 AM »

Well, it's back to my studies for the interview - I'm reading a book (sent to me by the Chairman of the Board of the org whose Executive Director I'd like to be paid way too much to become...) called It's Easy: Money Matters for Nonprofit Managers. I highly recommend it!! Very unusual - and idiot-proof - advice!
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »

And speaking of 'roos...

Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2007, 10:07:45 AM »

Okay, so here's the latest news - I just got an email this morning from CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL - my story is short-listed for Chicken Soup for the Twenty-Something Soul!!! I'm just thrilled!!!

That is so wonderful PenneyO!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

However, that picture was not so wonderful DR Jose  :P

Blech.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »

TOD -

Book - just about finished with The Secret Life of Lobsters, by Trevor Corson.  I've been enjoying it quite a bit.  Next up is Craig Claiborne's memoir, A Feast Made for Laughter, which I understand is as much about sex as it is about food.

DVD - last night I finally got around to watching Shaun of the Dead, which I enjoyed.  It's probably not the sort of thing der Grampa and I should show to the grandlads, of course - the frequent use of the F-word is a wee bit problematical.  But, for Doctor Who fans, it of course has Simon Pegg, who played The Editor in the ep "The Long Game," and Penelope Wilton as Pegg's mother, who was wonderful in "Aliens of London/World War Three" and "The Christmas Invasion" as MP (later PM) Harriet Jones.  (For those who aren't Doctor Who fans, just sit back and enjoy the head-bashings.)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »

HAPPY happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our Jed!!!

Okay, so here's the latest news - I just got an email this morning from CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL - my story is short-listed for Chicken Soup for the Twenty-Something Soul!!! I'm just thrilled!!!

GREAT NEWS AND GOOD LUCK!!  The library where I work gets all of the Chicken Soup books!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2007, 10:14:15 AM »

And I've been studying for my interview next Friday for that dream job in Seattle... oy.

GOOD LUCK VIBES FOR YOUR INTERVIEW!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:04 AM »

Dear DR Cilla: strange, how that article doesn't mention the sex the anatomically correct inflatable doll!  I mean, these details could be important!

::)

George

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »

DR George,

My DVD burner has a fast copy mode, but sad to say, it doesn't work if the show is over 2 hours. More than 2 hours, it has to copy in real time. I have LEGALLY BLONDE on the hard drive of my DVD burner, but I haven't had time to cut away all the commercials and backstage stuff I had no interest in at all to see how long the show would actually be without it. I have a feeling it will still be over 2 hours long.

The way my co-worker cut out the commercials and backstage stuff, the show disc comes out to be about 2 hours and 6 minutes.  I don't have the backstage disc with me, but that disc isn't very long at all.  Of course, because it was all shown together, the edits aren't the greatest, but they're good enough for me...and hopefully for everyone who will (eventually) get one.  Tonight, I'll be able to see if the redone second disc works. :)

George

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »

When I brought Ebonie home yesterday, I left the collar on her so that she could start to get used to it.  I didn't apply any of the topical ointment, yet.  When I got home, I could tell that she hadn't been able to eat!  I took off the collar and cut it about 1 and 1/2 inches shorter, still long enough to prevent her from licking her paws, but short enough so that she can eat...which is very important.  Also, last night I bought some new kitty litter because the vet said to get some newspaper-based litter or something like that that won't clump up in the paw with the ointment.  We'll see if she adjusts. :-\

George

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

Off to work!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:21 AM »

Congrats! DR PennyO on being "short-listed"!

Much preferred to being "short-sheeted."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »

Someone slept late and I think it was we.  Yes, nosism lives here at haineshisway.com

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »

The teams for the new AMAZING RACE look like a fun bunch! I look so forward to this program and can't wait to see what countries they will visit during the run of the show!

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/bio/kate_pat.shtml

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

Where is SINGDAW today?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »

Much preferred to being "short-sheeted."
I don't think short-sheeting would work on DR PennyO - she's quite petite.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »

last night I bought some new kitty litter because the vet said to get some newspaper-based litter or something like that that won't clump up in the paw with the ointment.  We'll see if she adjusts. :-\

When we had the little Ociee cat fixed, we had to find a non-clumping litter. We bought some that was in a green pellet form and she adapted to it immediately.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Part One of my day is finished, and now I have a bit of time before Part Two of my day starts.  -And it turns out Part Two will just last about a half or so, so....  I may end up roasting my chicken tonight, although, now that the thought of dining out has been planted in my head, well..  We shall see.

In any case, I'm off to find some lunch.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »

However, that picture was not so wonderful DR Jose  :P

Blech.

It was truly ShixPOOPI
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »

so....  I may end up roasting my chicken tonight,

Is that a euphemism?

(Hey!  If DR singdaw is gonna be E&T, somebody has to ask it!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up