Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLES AND ORANGES  (Read 24176 times)

FJL

Re:APPLES AND ORANGES
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 06:00:46 AM »

page two

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 06:16:30 AM »

Good morning, all! The alarm went off at 6:30 and I stayed in bed until 8:30 because I could today.  This is my day to run any errands before the trip, and it's also Macbeth's birthday; I'm sure Lady M is sacrificing a child somewhere in my hometown to celebrate.

I have more work on the editorial guidelines today, a little bit of laundry at some point, and whatever else needs to be accomplished.  Kip Wilborn sent me an email about some arrangements on Thursday but I haven't heard from him since.  If he calls today, I'll meet with him as well.

TOD: DEAD OF NIGHT,  I always liked the 1970s Amicus horror anthologies like "The House That Dripped Blood" and "Tales from the Crypt."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:16:50 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 06:25:27 AM »

Hi folks!  I'm typing this from my niece, Debi's computer.  I made it safe and sound to Pittsburgh last night.  It is cold but not as bad as I thought it would be.  Kinda like a Florida cold.  

TD. I told Debi that you and I would like to have a mini meeting and she said she would be glad to take me where ever.  I will be calling you after we visit Mom's grave.  We will be going there in just a little while.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 06:26:35 AM »

Good morning, all! The alarm went off at 6:30 and I stayed in bed until 8:30 because I could today.  This is my day to run any errands before the trip, and it's also Macbeth's birthday; I'm sure Lady M is sacrificing a child somewhere in my hometown to celebrate.

Lazy bones!  

Today would have been my Mom's 89th birthday.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 06:30:10 AM »

I can't believe that I slept on the plane ride up.  I had a window seat but there really was't anything to see because we were in clouds most of the way up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 06:33:33 AM »

Today would have been my Mom's 89th birthday.

How nice, then, DR Danise, that you can visit your mother's grave today.

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 06:34:06 AM »

Please give DR td a hug and a smooch from ALL of us!   :)

Danise

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 06:35:32 AM »

I will.  I'm so looking forward to meeting another HHW member.  I've been telling Debi how wonderful you all are.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »

DR Elmore, I hope you have a peaceful trip.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 06:48:27 AM »

DR Elmore, I hope you have a peaceful trip.  

Thanks, DR Danise! I'm pretty sure it will peaceful only if the Macbeths have nothing to do with it.

I'm happy to hear you've arrived safely.  I think you should look at real estate while you're there.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 07:27:14 AM »

Good morning!

I was surprised that it wasn't any colder than it was this morning. Of course, I slept until 8, so the relative lateness of the hour was partly to blame for the warmer than expected outside temps.

A full day of inside events today. And late tonight, I'll start unhooking various cables from the back of the old receiver to get ready for the install tomorrow - a major upgrade but a major pain as well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 07:29:29 AM »

DR Elmore and I agree once more. I think DEAD OF NIGHT is probably the best omnibus film. And like DR JRand, I also love O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE.

I loved O. Henry's stories when I was a student, and I adored teaching them years later.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 07:30:23 AM »

First up viewing wise today will be catching up with the last 50 minutes of GHOST WHISPERER from last night. I also want to see MOONLIGHT. I'll more than likely watch both of these while preparing and eating lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 07:32:03 AM »

Tonight I'll be watching the Blu-ray disc of Pixar's Animated Shorts Collection. I watched the SD-DVD last week, and I'm thinking the high def versions will look astounding, but I'm not anticipating any advance in the audio tracks for the Blu-ray nor do I anticipate any new bonus material, unlike RATATOUILLE and CARS which both added a ton of bonus features for the high def releases of the films.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2007, 07:33:06 AM »

Of course, there's a new TORCHWOOD tonight, too, which I'll also be watching after its 9 p.m. airtime on BBC-America.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes, I'm back from the gym.  I've done my six days in a row this week, and tomorrow is my day off (from the gym).  :)  *And since I decided to keep running on the treadmill for a bit longer than planned, I'm sure my body will appreciate the day of rest.  -And I think I'm even going to treat myself to a massage.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2007, 07:59:41 AM »

As for the IATSE-Local 1 Strike...  Well, as in all theses case - but especially this one - both sides have valid points, and both sides also have some "puzzling" requests/demands (at least my observer's standpoint).  Frankly, I don't think this strike will last too long - there's just too much money being lost for both sides.

As for the people who have come into town this weekend to see a show, well...  I hope that they're able to catch one of the remaining eight shows that are still open.  Or even venture to see some of the off- and off-off-Broadway fare.  -Some of which is a lot better than some of the stuff running ON the Great White Way.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2007, 08:01:51 AM »

DR singdaw - Radio City is not affected by the Strike.  For now, at least.  There have been some "rumbles" about some sympathy/solidarity strikes - even in regards to the current tours that are out right now - but I think those would only come to fruition if the strike here in NYC were to go on for weeks, causing IATSE to use it's whole membership as a bargaining tool.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2007, 08:02:09 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Even though my hair appointment isn't until 11:30, my internal alarm clock went off at exactly the same time as my real one would have on a workday.  Fortunately, the "snooze" on my internal clock was operational, and I slept in until 7:30.

DR Danise - I'm thinking about you today.  Glad you're in Pittsburgh with family and that you'll get to meet DR td.  I agree with DR Elmore on the real estate thing - you're only about a 6-hour drive from here!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2007, 08:02:51 AM »

DR Danise - :)  I hope - well, I know - that you will have quite a lovely weekend surrounded by friends and family, both old and new.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »

I guess I'll head down now and get an early start to today's viewing. Will start on lunch preparation later.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2007, 08:04:11 AM »

As for alarms - Well, mine went off at 7:25, but I didn't put my feet on the floor until a little after 8:00.  -But I was in the gym by 8:25! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »

Off to get my hair permed.  Pray for Rosemary's baby.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: DUOLITERAL!
When we TALLIED OUR lists of anagrams, we found that none of us could make a strictly DUOLITERAL anagram of the word DUOLITERAL - the best any of us could come up with was "LO, I RUT ED.  LA!" which sounded rude.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2007, 08:25:10 AM »

DR singdaw - That "new" Nancy Lamott compilation has been in the works for a while.  Jonathan Schwartz (of WNYC) and David Friedman have been dealing with right's issues, timing, contracts, etc. - as well as the Midder Music business mess.

I don't think it's available for sale stateside - at least not legally - (although, who knows, Colony Music may have it ;)), but maybe they were able to work out overseas distribution rights.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2007, 08:30:05 AM »

Of course, there's a new TORCHWOOD tonight, too, which I'll also be watching after its 9 p.m. airtime on BBC-America.
Oooh!  Thanks for the reminder!  Der B and I still haven't watched last week's episode, due to our being away partying away.

(And we're behind on a few other shows as well.   :o)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

I'm still way behind in the posts.

I'm glad to see that despite DR ELMORE's STRESS he still retains his WICKED WIT.

Pleased to see that DR DANISE arrived safely, if sleepily.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »

One of those ubiquitous online reviewers just reviewed the new Amicus Collection here  ;D :

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?___f=preview&ID=31334&___r=%2Freviews%2Flogin%2Freviews.php%3FrecordState%3DApproved
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »

TOD: Trilogy of Terror
Cat's Eye
Night Gallery
some others from the 70's whose names I can't recall..
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2007, 09:00:51 AM »

Vibes to Danise for a wonderful reunion with family. Happy Birthday rememberances to her mom!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:01:30 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up