Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE PLUS  (Read 30261 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:OUTRE PLUS
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2007, 08:38:33 AM »

That MusicGuy leads such a diverse life. No wonder he's E&T!

The scary thing is I was the music director/featured artist on a cruise ship for almost 9 years and now think I may have inadvertently been crushing DRMG!  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »

DR Edisaurus - so sorry to hear about your misfortune with the water.  Hope all turns out OK.

Good Luck with your new [that's 3 new's!] job, etc.

Have you ever heard of a local Atlanta eatery called The Flying Biscuit - serving breakfast all day?  I just read about it, and it sounds fabulous!  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2007, 09:08:33 AM »

TOD:

I love, love, love the internet! It's all good.

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

A very happy birthday to the adorable DR Ginny!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2007, 09:16:53 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I know I'm supposed to be meeting someone for lunch today, but I can't remember who or where.  Hmm...  I might just have to head down to the Reservoir instead.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2007, 09:17:38 AM »

-Of course, my previous post has done nothing to protect/defend/sully/improve (take your pick) my reputation.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR GINNY!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2007, 09:19:49 AM »

Oh... And now I must head into midtown for lunch - where's there's no Reservoir around for 30-40 blocks.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2007, 09:20:14 AM »

DRMusic Guy was once a cruise ship back from Australia in the late 60's and Ramon Navarro was aboard (unfrtunately basically sloshed and letching after the cabin boys).  It was  just before Mr. Novarro's tragic death.  But, yes Ramon Navarrro was gorgeous and talented.
Speaking of silent films brings to mind another MusicGuy story. He was living in San Francisco in about 1967 and played organ for a series of silent film showings at the Avenue Theatre.  It was very much of a Mickey and Judy "Let's all put a show in the barn" type of thing with everyone doing jjust about everything.  They were all there late one night, and a kid stopped by and asked if this was the place where they showed "those quiet movies."  I still crack up thinking of silent films as "those quiet movies."

Sorry -- I probaby tell that every time Ramon Navarro's name comes up.  Kind of like a Chatty Cathy doll when youpulled the string.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »

That MusicGuy leads such a diverse life. No wonder he's E&T!

I fixed it. :P
I like boat races.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »

DR Edisaurus - so sorry to hear about your misfortune with the water.  Hope all turns out OK.

Good Luck with your new [that's 3 new's!] job, etc.

Have you ever heard of a local Atlanta eatery called The Flying Biscuit - serving breakfast all day?  I just read about it, and it sounds fabulous!  :)

Thank you, Dear Singdaw! I'm happy to report that my camera still works, so photos of the grand soiree should be posted soon.

I'm also sending a photo CD to Adriana; she used my camera after hers died, and then she can post the photos from the ones she took.

Re: The biscuit---ate there yesterday! It has always been one of our favorites (it was originally owned by one of the Indigo Girls) and has been so successful that a company called Raving Brands purchased the right to franchise it. So you may end up having one near you some day!

The food is not quite as good as the original, but still a step above your usual chain restaurant!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Kerry

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »

It's cold and sunyy here in Phx.  I actually have my windows open to get some fresh air, we've had too much rain and cold lately for me to have them open, and I hate how stale the air gets.  So, I' ll wear an extra sweater for awhile, but it's worth it.
I like boat races.

Edisaurus

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2007, 09:26:53 AM »

I fixed it. :P

You know me---I'm a true Hainsie who can't resist making a joke when a funny typo appears, even when it's mine!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2007, 09:30:51 AM »

Thank you, DRs MBarnum and Jose!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »

I have to mention that a very generous benefactor has just covered my expenses for making the DVD.

I won't name names, especially since the person has so *many* names!

Thank you!

:) :) :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »

As I've mentioned, DS Rob's girlfriend is a ballet major at UC's College Conservatory of Music.  She will be with us next week and until Christmas morning, when she and Rob will go to her parents' in Michigan.  Stockings are a big deal in our household and, after my mother, my sister, my niece, my best friend, and I all failed to find a ballet-themed one, I decided to create one.  It's a plain stocking from the Dollar Store with iron-ons from JoAnn Fabric.  Rob was quite pleased when he saw it and we're looking forward to Mary Linda's reaction when she sees it hanging from the mantle:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »

Well, see, there you have it. Seems like people have had a lot of success with these type of plays/movies -- so maybe I ought to enter Keeping Up With Miss Karen in NYMF next year (DR RonnieP you will get credit in the program for being my muse...)

Very a-muse-ing, Missy Karen.

:-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »

Ok, this is weird.  It seems that I can access the site by going directly to the Discussion Board and not through the notes.  We'll see when I go to post this if I'm blocked by the SONIC WALL!!  

I wanted to post on the TOD, but I can't remember exactly what it was, and since I can't read the end of the notes, it will have to wait until I get to the studio.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  DR GINNY!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »

-Of course, my previous post has done nothing to protect/defend/sully/improve (take your pick) my reputation.

;D

And now we have an alternate name to attach to the "S" in JoseSPiano.

Jose SULLIED Piano. ;)

Kerry

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2007, 09:41:53 AM »

It's cold and sunyy here in Phx.  I actually have my windows open to get some fresh air, we've had too much rain and cold lately for me to have them open, and I hate how stale the air gets.  So, I' ll wear an extra sweater for awhile, but it's worth it.

OMG!  I've been reduced to telling you about putting on an extra sweater!  I need to get out of the house more! :-\
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2007, 09:43:10 AM »

You know me---I'm a true Hainsie who can't resist making a joke when a funny typo appears, even when it's mine!

I thought it was great! :D
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2007, 09:46:40 AM »

OMG!  I've been reduced to telling you about putting on an extra sweater!  I need to get out of the house more! :-\

That's the spirit.  Soon, you'll be up and running with the best of the frenziers posting absolutely anything in short bursts post after post after post.  And you won't believe, then, how esoteric that "sweater comment" will seem to have been!

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »

You can do it, you can do it
There is nothing you can't overcome

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2007, 09:48:39 AM »

Am having my first cup of coffee for the day (and possibly the last of the day...haven't decided yet).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »

I should be doing other things, I suppose.  There are little tasks that must be accomplished today.

But....so much time and so few things to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2007, 09:49:38 AM »

I managed to get another five hours, so I should be fine today and not too overtired.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »

Skies are VERY blue today.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »

I'm going to be the "cook" for my family's Christmas Eve soiree at my cousin Debra's house in Edgefield SC.

The menu this year, per Debra, will be "Spaghetti a la Ron".   In other words, she wants me to make spaghetti sauce and bring it to her house.  I've done this once before.  The menu varies, year to year and my turn has come again.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2007, 09:51:44 AM »

So....I'm imagining that just as our spaghetti dinner is ending, BK will be revving up his annual December 24th spaghetti spectacular.  Unless, of course, he decides to do something different this year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up