Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THINGS  (Read 21187 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE MEAT OF THINGS
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

A quiet day at HHW...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »

And then another hour of Bach, and just Bach today.  Of course, with the Bach, I could have done more than an hour, but my brain - as opposed to my legs - was starting to hurt.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

I stopped at Dolores and got a Jumbo Jim and suzie q fries.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »

It's a quiet thing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2008, 01:06:17 PM »

Will we never get to page five?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »

Craig got his Bachelor degree in communications.  His original intention was to be a D.J.  I always enjoyed listening to him on the radio.

Was he ever heard to say:

Welcome, to the Quiet Storm....

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

What's DR Jose's mantra?

"Pack 'n' post, post 'n' pack..."

One of the things I'm looking forward to about our trip north is being able to wear my turtlenecks and sweaters.  

Ginny take thermal underwear... What we are getting in ND starting this week will be heading east and south...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »

I vaguely remember THE QUIET STORM... I also remember my mother watching SOMERSET

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »

There was a series of ads for the McCleary boys....  Will see if this puts this in cinemascope...I did not realize I still had it in my photobucket account

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »

What's DR Jose's mantra?

"Pack 'n' post, post 'n' pack..."

One of the things I'm looking forward to about our trip north is being able to wear my turtlenecks and sweaters.  

Ah, sweaters!  When I was in college, each winter I would splurge on a nice($$) sweater or two each year at the now long-gone Thalheimer's Department Store.  Each year, I could not wait for the weather to get cold so that I could wear my sweaters.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2008, 01:17:38 PM »

I vaguely remember THE QUIET STORM... I also remember my mother watching SOMERSET

Hmm...

Well, this is the Quiet Storm I was thinking of.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »

Here is ad 2

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2008, 01:21:01 PM »

here is ad 3

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »

Here is the fourth one...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »

The trick to the ads was matching up the body parts for they are not standing in the same spot in any of the four ads.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

Mea Culpa Jose, I got that mixed up with another program, The Secret STorm...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

Nothing to forgive, DR DakotaCelt.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »

So... Does anyone else like that new Lay's Potato Chips commercial?  The one set in a nail salon.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - Poster-size versions of those ads still pop up at the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Flea Market, along with lots of other ABC soaps promotional stuff.  I'm guessing they used to hang in the hallways of the ABC studios here in NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »

I am logey but I shall now endeavor to write some pages.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2008, 01:35:35 PM »

I am off to do a few things about the apartment and I wbbl...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - Poster-size versions of those ads still pop up at the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Flea Market, along with lots of other ABC soaps promotional stuff.  I'm guessing they used to hang in the hallways of the ABC studios here in NYC.

It is possible. I think one of hte ABC soaps took over SFT's studios. It is possible.

I would love to get a poster size of Matt from either one of the shows.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

I have not seen it yet Jose...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2008, 01:40:16 PM »

On one of the old soap tapes I have there are some old commercials... I get a charge out of the one for Little Friskies cat food where the kitten is running all over and they using a sound bite of a revving motorcycle.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »

Hello, I am waiting for the garage door opener tech guy.  My garage door has decided that it doesn't have to work on weekends.  No lie. It works Monday to Friday and on Saturday and Sunday it doesn't shut - it goes down to the sensors and right back up. It's pretty funny actually

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »

When I called in today they told me to call on Monday- Right, they advertise no extra for weekend service - anyway, I told them that won't help because it works during the week, just not on weekends.  There was the longest pause I've heard in a long time. Then he said they'd send a tech

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »

The tech didn't sound too excited about coming out. He called to ask me if he installed my opener.  Now, he didn't tell me his name and I can't see him on the phone.  So, how on earth do I know if HE installed my opener? I told him if he installed my door then he installed my opener.  Goofiness I tell you

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »

So, he should be here between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.   It's about 3:45 right now.   He did call and say he had a job before mine on the other side of town, so he'll probably get here late, but that's ok

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »

SEARCH was actually Procter and Gamble....

ONE LIFE TO LIVE was ABC and Matt was on twice

The first picture is from when Matt was on  1982-1983

jand the second was when he was on in 2004.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »

When I called in today they told me to call on Monday- Right, they advertise no extra for weekend service - anyway, I told them that won't help because it works during the week, just not on weekends.  There was the longest pause I've heard in a long time. Then he said they'd send a tech

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up