Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bb, F#, A, Eb - THE NOTES  (Read 33650 times)

FJL

Re:Bb, F#, A, Eb - THE NOTES
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »

Just stopping in to say hi.  

No tax returns completed today.  Lots of missing info.  :(

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »

Of course, you can turn it off and STILL hear it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »

I'm watching American Masters on Pete Seger right now.  I decided to record it and get some sleep. I can watch it later.

Cillaliz

« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »

Well, I'm going to get some sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow. I've done a lot of wheel spinning this week and need to get some work done.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »

And I have another day of auditions tomorrow as well.  We're starting at 10:50am (???).  -But then it's basically straight through till 6:00pm with a few breaks here and there.  So.. In any case...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »

Hmm.... Natalie Portman is on "Letterman"... I'm trying to figure out if she's wearing the dress or vice versa.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

Der Brucer, if they lose track of individual cats, how can they return him to you if he isnt' adopted?

I suspect like many tracking systems, it is uni-directional: they have a tag on the animanl which enables them to track its source. I also suspect that if the cat doesn't pass their "adoptability" entrance exam, they still have the return to sender paperwork in-hand.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »

Well, I don't agree with their attitude.  If you are a rescue group, you have to be able to let go and let other people care for animals.  

The local cat society has very strict rules:

No placement in homes with out fenced yards.
No placement with apartment dwellers.
No placement with renters without a signed consent form from the landlord.

I wonder why one of the women in charge has 17 cats in her trailer?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2008, 10:39:22 PM »

Next I watched tonight's IDOL. Honestly, I was dreadfully disappointed in all of the women this week except Carly (who opened the show). She has a big voice, and she knows how to use it.

The others to a person were extremely underwhelming to me. And that rocker chick Amanda Overmayer that the judges are so taken with has given two HORRENDOUS performances in a row, and yet they temper their criticism because they're so DESPERATE to have variety on the show instead of those bland blondes they've put through.

I put Carly Smithson in the top three, together with Kristy Lee Cook and Asiah Epperson. I put Amanda in the bottom three, together with Syesha Macardo and Alaina Whitaker.

Still, overall a weak group.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

At the moment there aren't all that many cats on the PetSmart site.  I used a zip code from your town.  How many miles away do you think he will be.  I guessed.

My guess he could be anywhere within a three state (MD,VA, DE) and Washington DC area - easily a 300 mile radius.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »

At first this is what I thought would be the situation with JJ.  I thought you were just going to take him to the PetSmart adopt a pet clinics and then back home with you, doing this until he found a home.

No, the local rescue group picks up cats and delivers them to an intermediary organization (2.5 hours away). There the animals are pre-screened for adoptablity and netured if necessary. That organization then funnels the cats to over 30 different Petsmarts in the tri-state area.

I would be bankrupt in days if I tried roundtripping to Petsmarts at $3.00/gallon for gas.

der Brucer  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »

Since I am playing show and tell today.  Here are some incredible new space station photos.

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm

These are so cool!  Thanks for posting the link. :D

I love the Astronomy Picture of the Day[/b] website, too.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2008, 11:39:45 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »

Back from a very long and somewhat odd callback evening.  Most of the show is now cast - the way in which the callbacks occurred was a little odd, but I'm new to this existing theater company, so I just tried to go along with the flow.  We have some very good people in the show, but three roles remain uncast at this point - General Mills, The Brain, and the Narrator/Professor Leder.  Our new Zubrick is very different than our last Zubrick, but he gave a very funny reading and I think he'll do just fine - physically this guy is the complete opposite of our last Zubrick.  Couldn't be happier with our Fred, and I waffled back and forth between two Joyces, but settled on the one who gave the best reading.  Yoni also gave a good reading and my memory is she had a good voice.  I'm not normally this fast when I cast - I'd have like to have heard a few people sing again, but I'm sure it will all work out fine.  There were two possibles for Donna - both gave good readings, but I opted for the gal who's very close to Donna's age (16), plus she had a great voice and great energy.  I wish I could find something for the other Donna candidate, as she's really terrific.  The Rod is great.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »

Welcome eleven GUESTS.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up