Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAIN MEAL  (Read 22809 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE MAIN MEAL
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »

Good Morning, DR Ron Pulliam!

Have you had your Morning Bun or Chocolatine this morning?

Morning Buns and Chocolatines are not everyday fare, alas.

They're for special...holidays and the occasional weekend day.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:35 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] PAGE 3 [/size][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:06 AM »

BK- Did I miss your review of  Orson Welles IT'S ALL TRUE?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:37:49 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 08:38:48 AM »

DR MBarnum et al - Have you seen the movie that "Some of My Best Friends" was inspired by?  It's called "Kiss Me, Guido".  ;)

*It starred Anthony Barille who played Cousin Kevin in The Who's Tommy on Broadway.  -And I've actually wondered from time to time what he's up to nowadays since he seems to have left the NYC theatre scene.  Oh, and Broadway's - and "Mad Men"s - Bryan Batt is also in the movie.

Hmm... It looks like it's only currently available from Amazon Resellers.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »

[size=8] 'JERICHO' SPOILER[/size]

Dkdfjlkkefskdkj l slipshod../,m;lkf;lakj scrapclaw...dkrlekkkw stringdong.dkjdkj lk kl;kjdlkj s slapsnot ldjkflk;jl;ke  Last night's episode was INTENSE with all capital letters (shouting, I know).  The writers really know how to WRITE (again with the shouting, but hey! When a show is THIS good, folks need to YELL about it!).

D.B. Sweeney has been playing his role in this series for two seasons.  He made a couple of brief appearances last season and he's been regular this short shortened season.  He does EVIL really well.  I've been a D.B. Sweeney fan a long time, and he never lets me down!  There were some really interesting Machiavellian plots and a final twist that left me supercharged and highly satisfied.  Whew!

I don't know what the future holds for this show.  This season only 7 episodes (IIRC) were ordered, and those were in response to an overwhelming fan campaign directed at CBS after announcing the show would not be renewed following its first season.  CBS complained that the show had done well until December when the show was pulled for a few months while CBS tried to generate interest in another show (which I have no memory of!!!).  When "Jericho" was returned, its audience had moved to another network, for the most part, and probably recorded "Jericho" while watching the other show they'd gotten involved in.

TV network decisions about scheduling are more stupid than ever, it seems.

So what we're left with is a situation this season in which a new, somewhat different, American government has begun restoring order.  Actually, there are several governments in the former United States, and Jericho has no say in which government controls its future.  Or does it?  Things are going to be extremely intense on Tuesday nights on CBS at 9 p.m. for the next two weeks.  It may end the series (CBS hasn't said what its plans are regarding a renewal), so I'm guessing the writers will have something highly satisfactory to conclude this season's story arc.

Adkdlkjl;kj jkfk ahasklj kfdsjkjkfjf;lkjk a ;lkadf;lkjas  alkjfa;lk  kl a;k   kajfoiu  oiauf.

End 'JERICHO' SPOILER
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:53:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:14 AM »

DR MBarnum et al - Have you seen the movie that "Some of My Best Friends" was inspired by?  It's called "Kiss Me, Guido".  ;)

*It starred Anthony Barille who played Cousin Kevin in The Who's Tommy on Broadway.  -And I've actually wondered from time to time what he's up to nowadays since he seems to have left the NYC theatre scene.  Oh, and Broadway's - and "Mad Men"s - Bryan Batt is also in the movie.

Hmm... It looks like it's only currently available from Amazon Resellers.

Yes, I have seen this movie and enjoyed it.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »

Anthony Barille seems to have moved from acting to writing, now.

singdaw

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »

Ah.

I just got the alert.

Project Cranberry restarting.

Smooches, kids!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »

I saw that, DR Ron Pulliam!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »

Anthony Barille seems to have moved from acting to writing, now.

Stalking again?

The laundry is finished! Back to Toyland.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »

Michael S - Your mailbox is full.  I have more info for you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »

There was a very illuminating story on NPR this morning about

Scrutiny of Bank Transactions

Thanks for the link Ginny. I knew they monitored over $3000 or so, didn't know they monitor everything including buying croissants or about the People in Power list.  Very interesting.

td

• td
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

DR td, do you subscribe to Cabaret Scenes?  I can send you a copy of the latest issue's brief interview with Jason Graae, if you don't.  :)

Oooh!  You're such a darling!   :-*  I'm not a subscriber, so I'll be watching my box for it!

Unless I get invited to a picnic by you-know-who.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2008, 09:25:31 AM »

[size=8]'BIGGEST LOSER' SPOILER[/size]

dkdkl jlk jlk;jadkj l;kjafk  df;lkj ;lkajdkj ds;lk I am REALLY hooked on this show, and this season's is the best one yet, IMO.  It started off as a "Couples" show with brother-brother, mother-son, mother-daughter, father-daughter, husband-wife, ex-husband&ex-wife, best-friend, and total-stranger pairings.  They all trained together.

The first few evictions saw "couples" leaving.  Then, the show had the two trainers "choose" couples to form two teams.  The "rub", however, was that if a team had to evict someone, it evicted only "one person", not a team.

Now, they're playing as individuals, but the team mentality is still very much in play.  Last week saw six people left standing after an eviction.  There were three men, who had been on the blue team, and three women, who had been on the black team.  Bob is the men's trainer and Jillian is the women's.

And then there was last night.  All the former contestants were returned and weighed in.  The two who had lost the most weight (with highest body fat percentage) -- one male and one female -- rejoined the game.

The presumptive final six weren't happy about it.  But it got worse when the returning female -- Ali, who had been on the "pink" couple team with her mom Betty Sue -- began to get a lot of Jillian's attention/admiration.  The other three girls became gloomy and despondent and depressed (and in very whiny way).  One started binge-eating!  They had an Ali-less meeting where the girls poured their hearts out about how the competition isn't fair because they  cannot lose weight like the guys can lose weight (they had lost their sole surviving male teammate the week before...they had ALL lost more weight than him, by the way!!!)...and they were missing his encouragement and stroking.

Jillian, on the other hand, is the emotional center for the team.  She's been very, very, very "close" to Brittany for a long while, and she's "earth mother" to the other girls.  What I suspected was that Jillian's attentions to Ali made them all a bit jealous, but Brittany most particularly.  Jillian spent a lot of time psyching the three girls up and then rah-rahed them into they gym to rechannel their energies into something productive.  As for Ali, she is a "contender."  She, alone, out of all the women, stands a better-than-even chance of making it into the finals.

The men have been tight for most of the season.  Two of them are brothers.  Mark, who returned last night after having been evicted two weeks ago, is brother of Jay. Bob was thrilled to see Mark return and the men, mostly, were happy to be "one" again.  Dan, who won a competition against Mark, took a prize of great value:  He gets to cast two votes, instead of one, in the next eviction ceremony.  Dan was shown pondering what he might do if one of his "bros" was on the block.  It is a game, after all, and competition is competition.  Roger is the fourth man. He's a consistent weight-loser and may win it all as he has the most weight, yet, to lose.

At the weigh-in, however, things went askew for a while.  Allison, host of the show, was doing her regular spiel about what the weigh-in means, how the rules work, etc., etc.  She then chose to ask questions of some of the competitors.  After a comment she made drew a shake of the head from Brittany, Allison asked her if she did not think everyone had a shot at making the finals.

At this point, Jillian interrupted.  She basically told Allison to "Just leave the girl alone...that Brittany had had a "bad" week...and that her f***cking questions were f***ing stupid because the girls really DON'T have a f***ing shot at making the final round of competition, blah, blah, blah.  

Allison was stunned at being addressed in that manner and at the blatant disregard for the show's premise...Bob rolled his eyes and looked very embarrassed.  Allison shifted questioning to Bob and asked how "his" week had gone.  Bob made a few perfunctory gestures to explain away the women's gloominess (he has been, after all, the primary women's trainer in most of the seasons) at this stage of the competition, that nerves can get frayed but that continuing to work in the gym and practicing everything they've learned will pay off in the end.  Jillian just glared at him.  In fact, Jillian stood with her arms crossed during most of the weigh-in and occasionally glared at Allison.  To her credit, Allison offered to excuse Jillian from the entire weigh-in proceedings but Bob suggested they should both be there.

Allison, however, very professionally moved things along and got to the weigh-ins.  First up was the new returning girl, Ali.  Ali lost seven pounds with an incredible body weight percentage loss.  She's done better "out of the competition" (she and her mom left after the third week, I think) than the rest of the girls had done "in" the competition.  Then came Mark, the new returning guy, who also lost seven pounds.  (Mark has lost well over 100 pounds and looks terrific. Ali, also, looks sensational...almost as good as most girls do at the end of the competition).

Then the rest came along.  Dan got on the scales and had managed to lose only four pounds.  Suddenly, Dan was in jeopardy...not only of being on the block and losing his two-vote advantage, but of going home.  One of the "whiny" girls, Maggie, had a look of GLEE on her face when she saw that Dan was in danger.  That has been the case all season, actually.  The black team won several weigh-ins until they could no longer better the bodyfat percentages the blue team logged in.  They were always thrilled to beat the blue team, but became "whiny, tearful" witches if the blue team won a weigh-in.

Let's just cut to the chase.  Maggie, who had been so delighted to see Dan in danger of going home, had managed to lose ZERO pounds.  That's right.  She lost NADA.  And then she complained that she didn't understand it.  She'd worked her butt off (uhhhmmm....NO, Maggie...no danger of THAT ever happening!)  What she conveniently forgot to consider, however, was her binge-eating at the start of the week.  And then there were the workouts where Ali was busting her tail going the extra mile while Maggie just plodded along -- hanging in there, but putting nothing extra behind it.

Maggie and Brittany went "below the yellow line" and are both up for eviction.  Dan was just "above" the yellow line and got a huge wakeup call.  Mark finished second to Ali.  Roger lost 8 pounds, the most of anyone, but his bodyweight percentage was lower than Ali's and Mark's.

Allison ended the weigh-in by saying that things had started off badly with the women claiming they were at an unfair disadvantage, but that it was a WOMAN who won the weigh-in!  GOOD FOR ALLISON!

The show ended atypically before the eviction vote.  I know they do it this way in other countries' versions of this show, so perhaps they're trying something "new."  The tease for next week promises an unexpected dramatic result in the eviction.  I don't know what it could be since either Maggie or Brittany will be leaving.  No-brainer there.

Still...my concern is that Jillian has become too emotionally involved with one of her charges.  She has behaved unprofessionally...and for the show's purposes, unethically...on camera. I've really liked her in the past -- especially her feistiness -- but she went way, way over the line last night and I think she needs a "time out."

That is all.

Dldldjflkjlaj f;alkjal;j;lkjeb ts jktrjkrstiouo8ya sghik jsglkjgklj;akj slopjar. jaflkjl;kjfl;kjasdf;lkjkjfds dingdong.ldlkjlk jlk jlkj l;kj  wingflaw..  lklklkj

End 'BIGGEST LOSTER' SPOILER

P.S.  For those who don't know, Jillian Michaels is co-owner -- with Jackie Warner -- of the Sky Sport and Spa workout center in Beverly Hills.  Although you never see Jillian, who may be a silent co-owner, Jacki and the center are the subject of Bravo's "Work Out" program.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:50:15 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »

I saw that, DR Ron Pulliam!  :)

No flies on you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »

My new license plate arrived in the mail today.

It is a lovely blue color with white letters.  All of my license plates since the 1970's have begun with the prefix numbers 55 - designating my county....

Sometimes the second letter changed from a "B" to an "S" and last time it was "Q".

Today my new license plate number is 576 BFF
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »

Wednesday.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »

Hmmmm......I had to reinstall my Virus/Pop Up/Ad Spyware Protection...still not working as well as it was.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »

Sounds like the read thru for BRAINEX went well.

td

• td
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2008, 09:30:57 AM »

I have a question for BK on "Ask BK Day!" (actually, a few; all related).

Have you seen CAN HEIRONYMUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS?
Is it as abysmal as I have been led to believe?
(I like the soundtrack very much, especially "When You Gotta Go").

Did you ever think of producing an album of Anthony Newley material?

IF you did produce an album of Newley's songs, who AND what would you include?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »

bk, in the final R&H sanctioned version of the script for The Brain, does Zubrick end up being a lifeguard or a florist?

We went back to the florist - more colorful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:33 AM »

I have a question for BK on "Ask BK Day!" (actually, a few; all related).

Have you seen CAN HEIRONYMUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS?
Is it as abysmal as I have been led to believe?
(I like the soundtrack very much, especially "When You Gotta Go").

Did you ever think of producing an album of Anthony Newley material?

IF you did produce an album of Newley's songs, who AND what would you include?

I've seen the film many times - it's a guilty pleasure of mine.  I saw it three times the week it came out (I was living in New York at the time).  It's Mr. Newley doing 8 1/2, basically.  I don't know that there's ever been a display of ego on the screen such as Hieronymous Merkin, other than, maybe, the Brown Bunny.   But the songs are fun, the cast is good, and it's all very weird (it's basically all shot on a beach).

At one time, yes, I was going to do a Newley/Bricusse album, both together and solo.  It didn't get very far because until Kritzerland actually has something that sells really well, I just can't afford to do that type of album, because, for me, there's no point in doing a "small" album like that, and even if it was small it would cost too much money.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48:17 AM »

I am up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »

Welcome fourteen GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »

I do wish that Hieronymous Merkin would come out on DVD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »

Make that sixteen GUESTS, who are just sitting there like so much fish along with everyone else.

td

• td
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »

I do wish that Hieronymous Merkin would come out on DVD.

I might be able to help out on that soon. . .EvilTwin has made me a dvd-r of it, but, she has yet to mail it. . .
In the meantime, I did acquire the soundtrack via castalbums.org,and I'm loving every minute of it.  Any DR interested can email me, or PM me, for the sendspace link. . .

I think that since I truly like Woody Allen's STARDUST MEMORIES, that I will also find a warm spot in my heart for Hieronymus. . .now, if EvilTwin would only get to the post office.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »

Will we never get to page 4?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »

And will we fill it up when we get there?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up