Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAIN MEAL  (Read 22864 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE MAIN MEAL
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:23 AM »

The Blu-ray doesn't seem jammed with bonus features, so I may be able to watch EASTERN PROMISES on HD-DVD tonight, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »

Page Two Tin Man and Wizard Dance!!!

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »

DR Jane - my DH Richard also commented on Julianna's spike heels when we watched Canterbury's Law the other night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 07:54:40 AM »

DR MattH - hope you enjoy Enchanted as much as I did - both times I saw it in the theatre!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:11 AM »

I was first aware of Alec Mapa's brilliance on that (sadly) short-lived TV series that was based on KISS ME GUIDO.  It starred Jason Bateman and both he and Mr. Mapa were hysterical.  But the show never caught on.

I loved that show, as well. Very funny. I forget who played the straight roommate, but he looked quite good in a towel.

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:31 AM »

There was a very illuminating story on NPR this morning about

Scrutiny of Bank Transactions

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »

Time to get ready for the brownbag lunch - bye for now!

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »

I don't know about THE MAIN MEAL, but you can get a Maine meal here:

Ben

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »

My meeting with the Rockefeller Foundation was canceled. He had a medical emergency. Don't know if it will be rescheduled.

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »

I forget who played the straight roommate, but he looked quite good in a towel.

Some of My Best Friends / 2001

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 08:09:19 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, actually, I've been up for a while.  Last night, as soon as i felt sleepy, I actually went ahead and crawled into bed, and the next thing I knew it was 8:00 this morning.  So, since I'm playing a set of auditions tomorrow for some "big wigs" - and since I was already about a week overdue for one - I headed on down to Chelsea to get my haircut.  I got to Chelsea Barber just a few minutes after they opened, and had actually expected some sort of wait, but, lo and behold, I was the second person to arrive this morning.  No waiting!  Two of my usual barbers weren't there this morning, so I had a "new" guy, but he did a very good job.  I actually walked out of there this morning feeling a little "studly".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »

There was a very illuminating story on NPR this morning about

Scrutiny of Bank Transactions

I actually listened to that story while I was getting ready to head out this morning for my hair cut.  And, yes, very illuminating.  And a little scary at the same time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »

As for Ask BK (DR) Day...

I just posted this on the Sondheim listserv, and it seems to have sort of stumped the denizens over there, so...

In the original production of Sunday in the Park with George, Celeste #1 (or is #2) ends the first act standing stage right with the fishing pole.  However, at the top of the second act, she is sitting center stage with the other Celeste.  Does anybody know why?  I will say, that her re-placement goes along with the "wave" of solo lines in "It's Hot Up Here", so I've always thought it was more a practical matter than something "artistic". Any thoughts? guesses? proof otherwise?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »

I loved that show, as well. Very funny. I forget who played the straight roommate, but he looked quite good in a towel.

Is there anyone who doesn't look good to you dressed in only a towel?

;D

Hmm... Maybe I don't want to the answer to that question.  :o
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »

Dr Jennifer - Just let it heal. Don't scratch it.  Don't pay attention to it.  The more you look at it, the "slower" it will go away.  If it doesn't hurt, if it doesn't look infected, just let it heal.

*And maybe some Neosporin. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18:59 AM »

DR Jennifer - And as for David Archuleta last night, well... Let's just say he did do wrong by the judges last night. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »

Good Morning, DR Ron Pulliam!

Have you had your Morning Bun or Chocolatine this morning?
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »

Ummmm.....today's "Birthday Boy" is the, shall we say, previously alive Dennis Clancy, my friend from Portland who posted on the old board as "I_Luv_NY."  Dennis shuffled off this mortal coil several years ago.  I'm sure he still appreciates your wishes, however.   :)

Listening to Take Flight for the first time--has anyone else commented that "Lady Lindy" bears a rather remarkable melodic resemblance to "Dear World"?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »

DR JMK - How are your ears, nose and throat?  All better?
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille!

Good vibes to all today!
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »

DR JMK - How are your ears, nose and throat?  All better?

Thanks for asking--I'm definitely on the mend, but the laryngitis still is coming and going.  I've had to cancel several gigs over the past couple of weeks where I was slated to sing.  I'm hoping things clear out because I have a lot of stuff to sing for Palm Sunday this week (soooo early this year).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 08:23:48 AM »

I don't think CBS gave SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS much of a decent chance for survival. They were trying to launch a comedy night on Tuesday (a notoriously difficult night for them for the last few years in the 9-11 hours). If they had put it on Monday after EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, I think it would have had a chance to catch on. I don't think they ever even showed all of the episodes they had filmed.

I thought it was very funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »

Now I'm heading down to check the mail and then clean the den prior to starting on lunch preparation.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 08:24:50 AM »

Thanks for asking--I'm definitely on the mend, but the laryngitis still is coming and going.  I've had to cancel several gigs over the past couple of weeks where I was slated to sing.  I'm hoping things clear out because I have a lot of stuff to sing for Palm Sunday this week (soooo early this year).

Hmm... Laryngitis "coming and going" is usually the sign of something else going on.  Have you seen a doctor yet?  -If it's been going on for weeks, well... I'd get it checked out.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »

And while reading this morning's "Dining & Wine" section of the New York Times, I believe I finally came across a food item, I don't have any real desire to try at my earliest convenience:

FOOD STUFF
Pickles, Deconstructed and Frozen
By FLORENCE FABRICANT
Published: March 12, 2008

Texas, the land of oddities like mesquite jelly, also has a passion for pickle juice. You can even buy snow cones drizzled with the briny liquid (they’re refreshing).

Now, John Howard, an entrepreneur in Seguin, near San Antonio, has introduced Pickle Sickle, a k a Bob’s Pickle Pops, made from fresh-squeezed pickles as well as the brine.

The pickle pops are shipped unfrozen and should be put in the freezer overnight. To eat, cut a slit in the top and suck out the juice.

A box of 16 is $17.95 and one of 32 is $27.95 from picklesickle.com.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:28:16 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

The Jason Bateman-Alec Mapa series was called SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS, but one of its working titles had indeed been KISS ME GUIDO.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0259144/

The absolutely FUNNIEST moment in any TV sitcom I ever had the pleasure of witnessing came in "Some of My Best Friends."

Bateman had a straight guy in his apartment -- and he was a  REALLY straight (just ask him, he's straight) man (this may have been the straight roomie, but given what follows, I'm not sure).  Mapa's character was there, too.  I don't remember the particulars of how well any of them know one another (except Bateman and Mapa are best friends), but a challenge was thrown down by the straight man, after a discussion about "fitness" and the fact that he was a fanatic about working out.

The scene, set in Bateman's living room, went something like this:

"Hit me!" the straight man said to Mapa as he tensed up his midsection in preparation for a solid punch.

"You don't wanna do this," Bateman's character said.

"Go on! Hit me!  Trust me. I can take anything you throw at me" the straight man asserted.

Mapa sized him up, looked at Bateman, and then gave the straight man a very sharp slap across the face.

The straight man staggered and gave Bateman a "What the f***k!" look.

"What you have to understand is that he learned everything he knows about fighting from watching 'Dynasty'."

I laughed until I cried.  And then I laughed some more.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:41:42 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »

Perhaps someone with the power can remove Dennis from the HHW calendar.   :-\

singdaw

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:12 AM »

Listening to Take Flight for the first time--has anyone else commented that "Lady Lindy" bears a rather remarkable melodic resemblance to "Dear World"?

There's also that sequence that sounds from the same cloth as Sondheim's "Please, Hello."  But I still like this score!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:13 AM »

Oh... And it also appears that the hotel in Chattanooga last week, charged me for my stay.  When I checked out, my bill said everything was billed to SETC, however, this morning, I noticed a charge from the hotel on my online bank statement.  Of course, when I called the hotel, no one was currently in their accounting office, and since the SETC office traditionally shuts down the week after the Spring convention, well... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: TINCTUMUTATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is: COLOR AND LIGHT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up