Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THOSE DARN LAKERS  (Read 31891 times)

singdaw

Re:THOSE DARN LAKERS
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 05:11:35 AM »

And one for Capezios!

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 05:12:01 AM »

[size=30]PAGE, TOO![/size]

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 05:24:33 AM »

DR Ben - glad to hear that Primrose is finding its way to the East Coast!  :)

FJL

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 05:39:41 AM »

MARIO LOPEZ & THE RIGHT TO BARE ARMS - my new legal treatise

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 05:56:23 AM »

Perhaps I will have an Evening in my mailbox today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 05:58:12 AM »

I like to play tennis - singles though, doubles not so much.

I like to watch Hockey on television, especially in HD....and though I don't think I qualify as a fan, I like to watch some Nascar races in HD.....not the entire race, but a few minutes now and then.

Baseball and basketball and golf are three sports I can't even watch for a little while....even in HD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 05:58:42 AM »

No, DR LAURA....not 100....around here the A/C goes on when it reaches 76 degrees.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »

Off to do some things.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 06:05:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: EXTIRPATE!
The man with two brains had an EXTIRPATE.  However, he also had no hair - it had all been rooted up when the spare grey lobes were added.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »

We had leftover turkey meat loaf with mashed potates and green beans for dinner last night.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 06:07:07 AM »

Yes, those Lakers fans should have all stayed seated until the "all clear, Kimmel is home now" signal was played.

What oh what will happen when the Dodgers' night games let out?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:14 AM »

We will not be seeing Trog tonight. Anthony has a rehearsal for a dance piece he's working on so we will not partake in tonight's camp fest.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:29 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late, since I could, and I think I'll do a bit of laundry today.  I have a trip to NYPL around noon, and the rest of the time I will spend on criticial notes.

I suspect that former acquaintance Joey will log in tomorrow at some point to see how many have expressed natal day felicitations, but I doubt he will post.

DR MattH, there's a side of me that thought last night's LAW & ORDER episode was as out of left field as "Is this because I'm a lesbian?" but I enjoyed the performances. I'll miss Martin; I've been a fan of his since seeing the original cast of RENT. I have a friend who was in acting class with him several years earlier and said it was all tming, that everyone wondered when Jesse's break would come.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 06:20:07 AM »

I'm not a big sports fan, but sports have changed my life.

Well, the gay softball leagues sure did.

Not euphimismally, either.

My first lover joined a gay softball team, back in the day, and they needed a scorekeeper.  I got drafted.  He only lasted one year with the team.  I bounced from one team to another in the Los Angeles league for four years.

Sat out for a couple of seasons, after getting bashed.

Got involved again when I ran into one of the guys from that first team who needed a scorekeeper for a team he was running in Long Beach.

A couple of years later, switching teams, I ended up at Mike's Corral and met der Brucer.

Forced der B to tag along for four more years.

And finally got burnt out and dropped it.  I haven't been able to stomach watching a game since.

Der B replaced the softball with something more like hardball - he got us involved with Log Cabin.

He's now using everything he learned from me on scorekeeping and recordkeeping, in order to help his daughter work up some statistics spreadsheets for the grandlads' little league teams.

What goes around, comes around, and sometimes bites you where you'd rather it didn't.

All the same, if it weren't for the softball, I probably wouldn't have connected with der B.  And we've been together twenty-two years now, sometime this month (exact date misplaced).

That first lover of mine has a lot to answer for.   ::)

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:02 AM »

"Is this because I'm a lesbian?"

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 06:23:01 AM »

Well, I believe it is most unseemly to be up a mere four hours after going to sleep, and yet, here I am, up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »

I suppose I shall try to sleep another few hours.

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 06:24:08 AM »

switching teams

And that's not a euphemism, either!   :)

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 06:24:11 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We are expecting our first 80o day here in SW Ohio today.

TOD - I am a true Blue Michigan Wolverine and a huge fan of college football in general.  I also like to watch figure skating and the Indianapolis 500.

As for playing sports - NOT!  The fitness activity I've enjoyed most is aerobic dance, especially when my class met on the stage of the campus auditorium and was taught by someone who was also a dancer/choreographer.  I kept telling myself that we weren't exercising, but rehearsing numbers for a show and any day now they'd bring in the sets and costumes.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We are expecting our first 80o day here in SW Ohio today.

The weather report in the taxi after the movie last night said Manhattan would be in the 80s as well today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:08 AM »

Looking forward to hearing more from DR Jose about his pit possibility.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »

I've a late nite at work again, and should try to get a couple more hours of napping.

hasta la.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 06:49:08 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And I'm back from the gym - It's amazing how fast and efficient I can be there when I put my mind to it.  I managed to complete a brief aerobic warm-up on the elliptical, then did two complete weight circuits on the machines.  I was in and out of there in 45 minutes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 06:52:04 AM »

As for the topic of the day...

I'm very much a fair-weather fan of my birth-town (I was only there for the first five weeks of my life) team, the Boston Red Sox.  I did play little league baseball when I was in grade school as well as soccer.  I enjoyed playing soccer a lot more.  -I had a trip to the emergency room after a fly ball tipped my glove and landed in my eye - I forget if it was the right or left one.

Nowadays, my "like" for a sport seems to be in correspondence to the amount of skin showing.  Thus I like swimming, diving, etc.  ;)

*I did watch a friend's dodge-ball match on Monday night - it's a GLBT League.  Lots of fun, and surprisingly serious(!).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 06:54:22 AM »

...And since I didn't want it to go bad in the fridge, for my breakfast today I'm having Thai Peanut Shrimp with Vegetable and Noodles.  Very tasty.  -I'm really diggin' these Fresh Direct pre-packed meals - and they're all under 500 calories too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 06:55:06 AM »

bk - As for your traffic KARMA...

Are you sure that the KARMA is not being directed against/coming back to you?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 06:55:17 AM »

In the I gotta tell you department, I just received an e-mail at Kritzerland from an Evening Primrose customer telling me "since everyone in NY has gotten their CDs, where's mine?  Send me USPS info."  Never mind that it's the USPS - never mind they just went out Monday or Tuesday via first class mail, which is not a guaranteed mail service in terms of time to deliver, never mind they went out earlier than promised, and never mind that I do not have any control over the USPS - it's the tone of the thing.  Obviously people are getting their CDs - a few on Tuesday, some yesterday, and some today.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:55:42 AM by bk »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:09 AM »

And as for the Pit and Work Vibes, well, we'll see.  At this point, the production isn't scheduled to come into NYC until early next year (I think).  However, again, it was just nice to be amongst a group of real theatre professionals and to feel like one myself, legitimately.  -It's been a while since I've felt that my hard - and not-so-hard - work over the past years has actually meant something.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 06:58:47 AM »

In the I gotta tell you department, I just received an e-mail at Kritzerland from an Evening Primrose customer telling me "since everyone in NY has gotten their CDs, where's mine?  Send me USPS info."  Never mind that it's the USPS - never mind they just went out Monday or Tuesday via first class mail, which is not a guaranteed mail service in terms of time to deliver, never mind they went out earlier than promised, and never mind that I do not have any control over the USPS - it's the tone of the thing.  Obviously people are getting their CDs - a few on Tuesday, some yesterday, and some today.  

Just kindly remind them that mail from the Left Coast to the East Coast can take anywhere from 3 to 10 BUSINESS days - and that a lot of is most likely dependent on their local branch.  *And that if they wanted guaranteed delivery, they should have requested it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »

From your mouth to G-d's ears!

Oh, wait.  I'm married.    :-\

And....????

So....????
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up