Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESIDENT'S DAY  (Read 23873 times)

td

• td
Re:PRESIDENT'S DAY
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2004, 09:13:53 PM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2004, 09:14:40 PM »

« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 09:46:18 PM by td »

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2004, 09:15:40 PM »

td

• td
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2004, 09:18:56 PM »

Or, if you're in the mood for an interview with Leslie:

http://www.insight2000.com/richardbach.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 09:44:38 PM by td »

td

• td
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2004, 09:19:29 PM »

Do five posts make a frenzy?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2004, 09:22:33 PM »

DR TD, the pic for The Invisible Strangler comes up completely grey on my monitor.

Am I to assume that the lovely Ms. Parrish played the title role?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2004, 09:26:02 PM »

Politics, I feel very strongly about.  Some of your ideas frighten me.

If I were president, I'd see to it that more citizens had more freedoms.  This includes the freedom to marry whomever they want to (don't see why the government should be in the marriage business), and elect whomever they want to (guess you term limit people didn't like FDR).  I figure as long as we have a Department of Justice, there should also be a Department of Injustice, one that would help people who feel they've been treated unfairly.  My first foreign policy speech would ask the rest of the world to give us a blank slate, forget the past, look at our actions from now on.

Taxes should be as high as people can afford.  I can't afford to pay 10% of my income in taxes, because my income's so low.  I have a friend who's a multi-millionaire.  He could pay 3/4 of his income on taxes and still live in unbelievable luxury.  So your flat tax would hurt me and help him - and I'm the one who needs help!

Freedom also means education for all (though governments shouldn't promote God in school) and freedom from excessive medical costs.

And balance the budget, for crissakes.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2004, 09:30:01 PM »

DR TD, the pic for The Invisible Strangler comes up completely grey on my monitor.

Am I to assume that the lovely Ms. Parrish played the title role?

It comes up gray no matter how you look at it. . .it's gray on the site, it's gray here. . .ah, well . . .

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2004, 09:36:55 PM »

td the spooky toms link doesn't work.  FIX IT.  Other photos are nice, except the spider one - grody.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2004, 09:37:49 PM »

Your interview link doesn't work either - GET WITH IT

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2004, 09:39:20 PM »

I have returned from the Springs of Palm, Dear Readers.  I had a lovely time.  The crowning moment of this mini-vacation was unexpectedly running into Dear Reader Laura, Dear Reader Sandra and Dear Reader Kerry at a concert on Saturday night.  This was the first I've met DR Kerry face to face, so it was an extra-special surprise.

The concert we attended was with Mr. Jason Graae and Miss Liz Callaway.  Both artists were excellent, natch, and they gave a great show.  They knew each other in college and genuinely seemed to be enjoying their time together on the stage.  Both were most gracious when we met them after the peformance.

I have just now perused all of BK's columns and all your wonderful unseemy posts that came up since I left for Palm Springs last Thursday.

I'm wiped and will be heading to slumberland presently.  I missed you while I was gone!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2004, 09:48:38 PM »

Oh, and for those who are interested, I've put up a new column over at The DVD Place - http://dvds.allaccessworld.com

td

• td
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2004, 09:50:05 PM »

GOT WITH IT!  Links are working fine now. . . .sorry for the confusion. . it seems I double pasted. . . .

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2004, 09:52:54 PM »

Everyone's settling in for the night, here in Rehoboth Beach.  Der Brucer and I spent much of the day unloading boxes that were filled with books and DVDs and CDs (not all of the collection yet!), deciding what to put where, and then loading some of the boxes all over again with books to be stored downstairs.

Yes, I'm putting all of the cookbooks in my room.  Der Brucer keeps shaking his head over that, but there really isn't room in the kitchen; that's filled with foodstuffs and cooking equipment.  Besides, my room is where I do most of my reading, so this arrangement makes sense.  

It would be nice if the DVD player was hooked up to the main television in the living room, Tom Swift hinted watchfully.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2004, 09:54:50 PM »

The Shining and Full Metal Jacket we're composed for 1:85, the ratio in which they were projected.  

teeny, tiny typo.

I feel like pulling out my worn videotape of HUSH, HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE. . .but, it's late here in the East. . .too late for Bette, Olivia, Mary and Agnes. . .:(

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2004, 10:00:35 PM »

Welcome back, DR Jay.

I've looked at all the Leslie Parrish pix. (Did I have a choice?) Now I want equal time for Montgomery Clift.

'Night, all.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2004, 10:06:50 PM »

DR MBarnum - So, I'm guessing there's a South Beach in Oregon too?  Otherwise, you made real good time - even if you did get lost! ;)  So... A hot tub... Did you remember you bathing suit?  :P  -Please feel free to respond to me privately.  ;)

DR SWW - Most of my cookbooks are in my bedroom too.  Just the most convenient place to have them.

Roommate update - He's currently re-cleaning the bathroom.  However, I did leave the Mr. Clean, Tilex and Comet out for him.  Hopefully, he'll just pick one, rather than using all three.  -No noxious fumes coming from the bathroom... yet.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2004, 10:08:47 PM »

That sounds neat.

Are the lyrics written down? If so send me some and I'll translate for you if you want.

The inner sleeve has the complete lyrics.  I scanned and printed them.  E-mail your address to me and I'll send the lyrics.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2004, 10:10:57 PM »

Good evening, fellow Dear Readers.

That's all I have to say.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2004, 10:12:53 PM »

OH!  And as for Day One of the Diet - Not bad at all.  But I will say that I could tell my body did ask a few times, "Hey, what happened to the sugar?"

And I decided this time round to write my current weight on the small mirror on the back of my bedroom door.  Actually weight and body fat since I have that type of scale.  So, each Monday night, I will weigh myself and write down those figures on the mirror... And each day when I check myself before heading out, I will have a little reminder and a little motivation.

*And I'm using a fine point Sharpie.. not lipstick like is normally used on mirrors.  :-*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 10:22:44 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2004, 10:19:18 PM »

OH, before I forget... again...

Welcome newest DR RLP!

And since I don't even think BK has asked by this point...(if you are so inclined)  How did you come across this site?  Where are you from? What do you do for a living?  Any pets?  Favorite film star?  (Frances Farmer is already taken ;)) Etc., etc., etc... In other words: Who are you?  (Ah, an Emily Dickinson reference..)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2004, 10:28:30 PM »

OMG!!!  Now my roommate is actually vacuuming the hallway - and using the attachments!!!  Will wonders never cease!!!

-Guess he knows that he has a lot to make up for! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2004, 10:39:55 PM »

Eggs.  I'm thinking eggs.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2004, 10:52:14 PM »

Not as in throwing, I hope!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2004, 10:55:45 PM »

By the by, most esteemed BK, did you know that Joe Allen's has a website?

Tomovoz

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2004, 11:21:18 PM »

DR George, tried to post this a few hours back but my internet server terminated connections for a few hours - their problem not mine.
Enjoy ABRACADABRA.The following were released in the UK as singles:
1. "Belle" - Daniel Balavoine & Frida/C'est fini - Daniel Balavoine
2. "Time" - Frida & B A Robertson/"I Am A Seeker" - B A Robertson.
3. "Like An Image Passing By" - Elaine Paige/"When Dreamers Close Their Eyes" - Fiona Hughes.

Hope this helps.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2004, 11:34:21 PM »

Mexican-style macaroni product with vegetarian refried beans, sour cream and salsa con queso.  It's quite tasty and since there is practically a VAT of it, it'll last a few days. ;D

Now that is some fine bachelor cooking! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2004, 11:37:43 PM »

DR George, tried to post this a few hours back but my internet server terminated connections for a few hours - their problem not mine.
Enjoy ABRACADABRA.The following were released in the UK as singles:
1. "Belle" - Daniel Balavoine & Frida/C'est fini - Daniel Balavoine
2. "Time" - Frida & B A Robertson/"I Am A Seeker" - B A Robertson.
3. "Like An Image Passing By" - Elaine Paige/"When Dreamers Close Their Eyes" - Fiona Hughes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!  I never knew.  I'll have to start searching eBay now...unless someone here at HHW has these. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2004, 11:41:19 PM »

I know someone George - but then I talk to myself a lot.
Give me your address in a private message and you never know what may arrive.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2004, 11:43:26 PM »

Don't know if everyone's read this already, but there's an intesting interview with Terrance McNally over at Playbill.com.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up