Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESIDENT'S DAY  (Read 23783 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:PRESIDENT'S DAY
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2004, 07:33:37 PM »

Hey, DR MBarnum!  How was your visit the other night?  Huh? Details, I want details! ;-)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2004, 07:36:19 PM »

Okay, I missed TRADING SPACES over the weekend, and I hear tell that we saw Ty Pennington in the shower without his shirt. . .is it true?
I could just plotzt!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2004, 07:46:31 PM »

Okay, I missed TRADING SPACES over the weekend, and I hear tell that we saw Ty Pennington in the shower without his shirt. . .is it true?
I could just plotzt!

I'd pay to see that! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »

I'm helping to keep the home fries burning...actually the home macaroni and cheese sauce with refried beans cooking...fortunately not actually burning.

It all started with me wanting to do something with some sour cream that was about a week old, but still good.  So I opened a can of vegetarian refried beans, heated up the beans, mixed in the sour cream and dipped in some chips.  I also had an opened jar of salsa con queso (cheese sauce), so I mixed in some (but not all) of that.  That was lunch.  For dinner I was looking around and saw a bag of "macaroni product" (why can't they just call it macaroni?) and thought that the bean/sour cream/salsa/ mixture might be good with the macaroni.  So I cooked the macaroni, added what was left of the jar of salsa con queso (there was more than half) and presto!:  Mexican-style macaroni product with vegetarian refried beans, sour cream and salsa con queso.  It's quite tasty and since there is practically a VAT of it, it'll last a few days. ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 07:55:54 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2004, 08:01:09 PM »

Add my voice to RLP's and Charles Pogue's on the merits of The Razor's Edge.

I'm also a fan of The Letter - another Somerset Maugham work turned movie; also with Herbert Marshall (as Bette Davis's cuckolded husband. Bette to Herbert: "With all my heart, I still love the man I killed!").

Unfortunately, the ending was changed for the censors. It's less powerful than the original story, but still pretty chilling.

td

• td
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »

I'd pay to see that! ;)

Which? Ty in the shower, or me plotzing? ! ?! ?  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2004, 08:04:09 PM »

I could just plotzt!

It was on that ABC show called "Extreme Makeover" for a house.  Ty and a team of professionals totally transformed a house in a matter of days.  Last shot was of Pennington stripped trying out the shower.

From the looks of him (waist up only), he's all muscle and about 3% body fat.  All that muscle is highly toned, too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 08:08:25 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2004, 08:05:21 PM »

Which? Ty in the shower, or me plotzing? ! ?! ?  ;)

Thanks for the offer, but Ty. ;D ...unless... ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 08:05:54 PM by George »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2004, 08:07:29 PM »

DR Panni,

Congrats on finishing the revised script (or revising the finished script).

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2004, 08:10:56 PM »

Thanks for the offer, but Ty. ;D ...unless... ;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2004, 08:14:10 PM »

I'm helping to keep the home fries burning...actually the home macaroni and cheese sauce with refried beans cooking...fortunately not actually burning.

It all started with me wanting to do something with some sour cream that was about a week old, but still good.  So I opened a can of vegetarian refried beans, heated up the beans, mixed in the sour cream and dipped in some chips.  I also had an opened jar of salsa con queso (cheese sauce), so I mixed in some (but not all) of that.  That was lunch.  For dinner I was looking around and saw a bag of "macaroni product" (why can't they just call it macaroni?) and thought that the bean/sour cream/salsa/ mixture might be good with the macaroni.  So I cooked the macaroni, added what was left of the jar of salsa con queso (there was more than half) and presto!:  Mexican-style macaroni product with vegetarian refried beans, sour cream and salsa con queso.  It's quite tasty and since there is practically a VAT of it, it'll last a few days. ;D

I eagerly await DR Jose or SWWs comments on your culinary skills - sounds like you went to the BK Wacky Noodle Cooking School
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2004, 08:20:27 PM »

I could just plotzt!

Yep, it was on Ty's new show that aired Sunday at 8pm on ABC (Extreme Make-overs-home edition).

It was actually very moving.  This mom with her 3 young boys had written to request this for their dad/husband who was in Iraq.

What the family didn't know was that the father was back and working on the house. And at the end, Ty surprised the family. They were so overwhelmed to see him. It was really sad and exciting.

I just wonder if he had to go back. I kept thinking that if he did, then I wonder why he spent a week working on the house when he could have spent it with his family.

The show is bizarre, because they don't really redo your rooms, a la Trading Spaces. They tear down walls and almost totally rebuild the house.

And yes, Ty made the boys a car-wash style shower. And then in the closing credits, he tried it.

Btw, on Trading Spaces I LOVED Hildy's black & white kitchen (totally beautiful).

George

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2004, 08:21:21 PM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

So tell me...is this overkill? ;)

George

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2004, 08:23:17 PM »

Anyway...in between lunch and dinner, I was recording (from album to my computer to make a CD) the original French cast album of Abbacadbra.  Anyone heard of this show?  They took the songs of ABBA, rewrote all the lyrics of the songs and created a story (it's all in French so I have NO idea what's going on).  This show was recorded in 1983...almost 20 years before Mamma Mia! also took the songs of ABBA and made a new musical from them.  It has fairy tale characters of Snow White, Pinocchio, Blue Beard, Cinderella, Alice (in Wonderland?) Aladdin, the Little Prince, Belle...of Beauty and the Beast maybe?  It's actually kind of fun...in a totally non-understandable way.

I have the original 1990 studio compilation tribute of "Hey, Mr. Producer" which includes two songs from the original London cast recording:  "I Am the Seeker" sung by B.A. Robertson (never heard of him) and "Like an Image Passing By" sung by Elaine Paige.  Neither of these songs sounds familiar, so I think they wrote them for the London production.  Does anyone else know about this show (especially the London cast recording)?  Neither recording is listed at the Musical Cast Album Database.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2004, 08:23:22 PM »

Definitely more Leslie Parrish pix.  That would pix me right up.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »

SPeaking of THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, how about that series on DVD, Warner Bros? I taped a good many of them off various channels over the years, but I don't think I have all 102 episodes. Not all are that great, but every single one of them will bring my childhood back in a skinny minute by watching about ten seconds of them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2004, 08:31:11 PM »

So tell me...is this overkill? ;)

Not overkill, but not exactly "I'd pay to see that!" kind of payment, either.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 08:48:31 PM by td »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »

I couldn't figure out why I'm feeling so damn depressed tonight. So sad. Then it hit me - post-partum depression. Happens almost every time I finish writing. I guess I should take "comfort" in the fact that I'll probably have the script back in a few days for more rewrites. I really did like the people in this script and it's hard to say good-bye to them. One character that I killed off, I particularly miss. Am I raving?

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2004, 08:35:52 PM »

Anyway...in between lunch and dinner, I was recording (from album to my computer to make a CD) the original French cast album of Abbacadbra.  Anyone heard of this show?  They took the songs of ABBA, rewrote all the lyrics of the songs and created a story (it's all in French so I have NO idea what's going on).  This show was recorded in 1983...almost 20 years before Mamma Mia! also took the songs of ABBA and made a new musical from them.  It has fairy tale characters of Snow White, Pinocchio, Blue Beard, Cinderella, Alice (in Wonderland?) Aladdin, the Little Prince, Belle...of Beauty and the Beast maybe?  It's actually kind of fun...in a totally non-understandable way.

That sounds neat.

Are the lyrics written down? If so send me some and I'll translate for you if you want.

td

• td
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2004, 08:37:11 PM »

Definitely more Leslie Parrish pix.  That would pix me right up.

More Ty, too.  He's a tool-man, he probably has a pick, or two.

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2004, 08:39:03 PM »

Am I raving?

If you are, let me know - - - I could use a great block party right about now. . .

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2004, 08:39:29 PM »

... presto!:  Mexican-style macaroni product with vegetarian refried beans, sour cream and salsa con queso.  It's quite tasty and since there is practically a VAT of it, it'll last a few days. ;D
DR George, you frighten me.

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2004, 08:42:37 PM »

Not overkill, but not exactly "I'd pay anything to see that" kind of payment, either.

Actually, td, I didn't say that I'd pay "anything" ... just that I'd pay. ::)

td

• td
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2004, 08:49:01 PM »

Someone's been at the cooking sherry again. . .i shan't name names. . .

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2004, 08:54:20 PM »

Oh, you would like more Leslie Parrish would you BK! Well, I shall give you more Leslie Parrish!! (This lovely pic, by the way, is available right now on Ebay for a very inexpensive price!)

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2004, 08:59:33 PM »

DR Jose, I had a wonderful time at South Beach George's house. I had not yet been there, and I was quite impressed. His home is right on the cliff overlooking the beach, so that was, I must admit, rather romantic! Plus a hot tub overlooking the beach as well! Woohoo, I was in heaven! 2 hour drive down there, though! But only 1 1/2 hours back...because I didn't get lost on the return trip! LOL! Watch that first turn onto hwy. 34 near Philomath! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2004, 09:02:34 PM »

That's it?  One measly photo?

td

• td
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2004, 09:03:51 PM »

That's it?  One measly photo?
Shes doesn't look measly to me. . .are you sure it isn't the mumps?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2004, 09:09:43 PM »

I could use one of them little Japanese geishas to walk on my achin' back right about now.

In lieu of that - MORE LESLIE PARRISH!

td

• td
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2004, 09:12:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up