Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG YAWN  (Read 26210 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE BIG YAWN
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 09:50:36 AM »

TOD:

PERRY MASON

ADAM-12

RACKET SQUAD

FEDERAL MEN

DRAGNET

LIFE ON MARS

PUBLIC DEFENDER

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 09:53:12 AM »

I really think this is a no win situation. 

You could ignore it and become fugitives, and run away to some hippie wilderness is some place like south-western Oregon.

der Brucer

We are considering this option. ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »

Does anyone here have any interest in three lobby cards from BEAUTY ON PARADE, with Lola Albright, that were shipped to me by mistake?  Yours for shipping costs if you want.

Why don't you just re-list them on E-bay and hope that the "intended" buyers bids on them again?  ;)

I've mentioned here before that I don't sell on eBay any longer due to their insane new policies on feedback and PayPal.  The seller who sent these to me by mistake said I could keep them for my trouble, but I have no interest in them.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »

After several more emails from the guy organizing West Seattle's Frances Farmer Day, I'm feeling a lot better about it.  It turns out my research and article were the whole genesis behind the idea.  The fact that the cafe where they're meeting is called Shadowland is evidently just a weird little coincidence.  They are really wanting to set the record straight about the spurious untruths in both the book and the Lange feature, so hopefully a few more people will know the real story.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »

THE CLOSER

But of course!     :)

TOD: THE CLOSER, but of course!

Speaking of...this was in the works for quite some time but it has finally been announced:

"Lost" amid the hubbub surrounding Amy Sedaris' sitcom deal with Fox may have been the juicy nugget that the Strangers with Candy alumna will be guesting on multiple episodes of TNT's The Closer. But rather than playing kin to Kyra Sedgwick, as some of you would have spec'd, Sedaris is coming on as Fritz's sister.

But make no mistake, you'll get plenty of Sedaris-Sedgwick action.

Closer creator James Duff tells me that Sedaris' Claire Howard whiles away her days as "a psychic who's wandered the occupational landscape, taking on, at various times, the job of yoga instructor, glass blower, Cirque de Soleil student...." Since federal agent Fritz is a bit embarrassed by Claire's "overt spirituality," Brenda winds up spending quality time with her soon-to-be sister-in-law — to the point that Claire brings her mad skillz to one of the PHD's MCD's cases. In doing so, Ms. Howard will form a "special bond" with one of the detectives, I am told.

Can't wait!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »

DR JMK, I hope you can make it to Seattle for the event.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »

DR TCB - I also really enjoy your postings about things Titanic.

Yes, but I am sure you would prefer photos AND phone numbers.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:36 AM »

Thanks to all DRs for their thoughts last night and this morning.....  I have my suit pressed and have chosen my tie and written my paper....and yes it will be a celebration and a fun time for remembering.  I only have to talk about our time in the theater, so how could it not be FUN?

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Jack, as you honor your friend.  I wish that all of the young people who believe that AIDS is a thing of the past, would learn about the loss of your friend.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

DR Edi, thanks for the Amy Sedaris info.  I hadn't really been paying attention & didn't really know who she is.  I am familiar with her funny brother.   It sounds like her character will be fun.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »

PAGE TWO TARTE NORMANDE DANCE!!!

Jose!  You have got the biggest tarte I have ever seen!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

T.O.D.

THE ROARING TWENTIES
BURKE'S LAW
MURDER SHE WROTE
RIPTIDE
HAWAIIAN EYE
NCIS

Wasn't RACQUET SQUAD the one about the tennis pro?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »

Back from Toyland, and i accomplished many things, some of them good. After that, i took the No 5 bus, which runs up Riverside Drive. I'd never taken this bus before and I really liked the ride. I stopped off at 79th Street and walked up Riverside past Kevin Bacon, who was on roller blades and talking on a cell phone about a video he'd directed, crossed over to West end Avenue at 81st Street and walked up 82nd to home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »

Thinking of JRand today and wishing him emotional strength and sending big hugs.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I think you will like WW. I joined in July and without making a concerted effort, have lost 17 lbs aas of today. Of course, I need to lose so much that I don't even feel like I've lost anything, but it has definitely changed my way of eating by making me more aware of which foods have a high point value and I'm now trying to make healthier choices. I use the online tools to keep track of points and it's very easy. I even lost when I went to NY, despite the mozzarepa, the macarons and Nobu!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »

Back from Toyland, and i accomplished many things, some of them good. After that, i took the No 5 bus, which runs up Riverside Drive. I'd never taken this bus before and I really liked the ride. I stopped off at 79th Street and walked up Riverside past Kevin Bacon, who was on roller blades and talking on a cell phone about a video he'd directed, crossed over to West end Avenue at 81st Street and walked up 82nd to home.

OMG!   You saw Kevin Bacon in the flesh (so to speak)?
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »

I love walking in Riverside Park!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2008, 10:48:43 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I think you will like WW. I joined in July and without making a concerted effort, have lost 17 lbs aas of today. Of course, I need to lose so much that I don't even feel like I've lost anything, but it has definitely changed my way of eating by making me more aware of which foods have a high point value and I'm now trying to make healthier choices. I use the online tools to keep track of points and it's very easy. I even lost when I went to NY, despite the mozzarepa, the macarons and Nobu!

Congratulations to Edi on your weight loss and best wishes to Cilla for joining WW.  No matter how much you lose, please don't send it to Washington.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »

I see my lovely daughter-in-law and handsome grandson!
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:23 AM »

DR JRand sorry for your loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »

After several more emails from the guy organizing West Seattle's Frances Farmer Day, I'm feeling a lot better about it.  It turns out my research and article were the whole genesis behind the idea.  The fact that the cafe where they're meeting is called Shadowland is evidently just a weird little coincidence.  They are really wanting to set the record straight about the spurious untruths in both the book and the Lange feature, so hopefully a few more people will know the real story.

Maybe he can start a fund to get the $25,000 for her Walk of Fame star.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »

OMG!   You saw Kevin Bacon in the flesh (so to speak)?

I see him occasionally since he lives in the neighborhood. the last time I saw him he was roller blading down Amsterdam Avenue at 83rd Street. That was a little over a year ago.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »

I see him occasionally since he lives in the neighborhood. the last time I saw him he was roller blading down Amsterdam Avenue at 83rd Street. That was a little over a year ago.

It's Larry "One Degree of Separation" Moore!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »

Congratulations to Edi on your weight loss and best wishes to Cilla for joining WW.  No matter how much you lose, please don't send it to Washington.
[/quote]

Thanks, TCB. I was inspired by Vixmom and bk, plus a dear friend had joined and she said that she wanted me to be around for a long time, so I joined her there. I wanted to do something about it so she called me just at the right time!

Laura

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »

Singdaw, was that autumn tree in your yard? It's beautiful.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »

Would someone please explain to me why I went to the Botanical Garden plant sale and bought another 20 or so plants? Thank you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »

Would someone please explain to me why I went to the Botanical Garden plant sale and bought another 20 or so plants? Thank you.

Because they most likely had no crawfish?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »

Maybe he can start a fund to get the $25,000 for her Walk of Fame star.

der Brucer

I thought she had a star on the Walk of Fame.
“One thing’s universal,

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »

Thanks, TCB. I was inspired by Vixmom and bk, plus a dear friend had joined and she said that she wanted me to be around for a long time, so I joined her there. I wanted to do something about it so she called me just at the right time!
[/quote]

I joined WW my senior year in college, after I misheard someone and thought that the Freshman 15 was supposed to be the Freshman-through-Senior 50.  I took all 50 lbs off and maintained that until getting knocked up with this little guy.  I'm hoping to get back on WW soon to help get rid of the last of the pregnancy pounds, but since I'm not currently receiving a paycheck, it's not in the budget.  Hopefully in January I'll get to start again. 

Laura

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2008, 11:18:03 AM »

LOL. Maybe that's it.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »

I see my lovely daughter-in-law and handsome grandson!

Hi dad!  Are you enjoying this beautiful fall sunshine?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up