Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE UPS ADVENTURE  (Read 27475 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE UPS ADVENTURE
« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »

Also....R.I.P. B. R. Chopra (died today at age 94), made some of Bollywood's most popular movies

I saw the news this morning & thought of you.  I figured you would do a nice tribute.

td

• td
« Reply #241 on: November 05, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

Helmut Then and Now:

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: November 05, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »

What a busy little day, but I'm through now, at least for a little while.  I got all the packages stamped (save for the ones with multiple discs - those I have to do when the discs are actually in the boxes, but there's not that many of those), then I went to Costco and bought some large items like spaghetti sauce, ketchup, packing tape, a huge thing of waters, two huge things of Diet Coke and like that there.  The prices are really extraordinary.  I then picked up the package that was supposed to arrive yesterday, as well as a package containing more of the postage strips.  None of the overseas packages, which are quite overdue, have arrived yet.  Well, there's always tomorrow.  I also got invited to attend the opening night of the re-jiggered Silk Stockings, which my friend Andy Taylor is in.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Laura

« Reply #243 on: November 05, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »

Laura's tip for the day:

Be sure to click on "save" frequently.

Sigh.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »

I enjoyed this story on children in the white house, of course prompted, & including, the two about to live there. To watch

Thanks for posting this, DR Jane.  First thing this morning, a group of us were talking about this very topic and trying to remember how old Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton had been when their fathers were elected.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it, & my great timing at posting it ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »

I knew, I guess....but had forgotten....the Visconti was an Italian royal.  His father was a Duke and he (and his brothers) had the title of Count.

His mother was the heiress to a large pharmaceutical fortune - and he was her major benefactor.

Seeing Helmut speaking was less of a shock than just seeing a still photo - and the documentary was very S L O W and very concerned with family history.  A bit shy on movie clips....or a point of view....but it was interesting.

I have always called him Lu-CHEE-no.....but since there is the "ch" in his name, it seems the proper Italian pronunciation is Lu-KEE-no.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »

Children in the White House.....I remember Caroline and John first.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »

Children in the White House.....I remember Caroline and John first.....

And I was sure you'd mention Alice Roosevelt!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

SWITCHED

Wal-Mart Cutting CD Shelf Space to Make Room for Blu-ray

Remember the days of watching big box retailers like a hawk to see if more shelf space was being given to Blu-ray or HD DVD? Yeah, epic times. Now, however, a new report is suggesting that Wal-Mart may be giving more of its packaged media space to Blu-ray Discs rather than music CDs. The reason? A 23-percent decline in CD sales during the first four weeks of Q4. Richard Greenfield, analyst with Pali Capital, believes that Wally World is "increasing its exposure to consumer electronics, video games and Blu-ray, and reducing floor space devoted to CDs and standard DVDs."

der Brucer

I had read something to this effect a couple of weeks ago... It is not only Wallapart that is doing it
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:15 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »

I remember Amy Carter adn then Chelsea
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

vixmom

« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »

VIBES for Jed's Dad

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:57 PM »

I was very moved by John McCain's concession speech last night -  

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hmJfimrZW3jBur_BmaFtqj7mfFgQD948JFJG5

I agree, it was a very, very classy speech. I also liked Obama's.

vixmom

« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2008, 04:29:07 PM »

VIBES for Michael S's folks

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »

We have made history in the US...

And, sadly, dozens of white supremacists are no doubt lining up to replace Oswald in the history books.

der Brucer

P-too!  P-too on saying such a thing, DR der Brucer!

I agree dtm but sadly they will watch for a chance. I bet teh FBI is keeping a very close eye on them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »

Vibes to Jed's Dad

td

• td
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »

Many merchants, including Borders, are sacrificing their cd space for other items.  With several area Borders, one is able to burn one's own cd on the premises, should the cd not be in stock.  My Borders doesn't have that technology. . . yet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »

Vibes to Michael S.'s folks...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »

Good morning, all! I am very happy today about the election results except for the re-election of that idiot Miichele Bachmann and the passing of gay marriage bans in several states. While I'm not in particular a believer in marriage in any form, given the casual treatment it receives from too many heterosexual couples, I find it sad that the narrow minds pushing the passage of such acts see no further than the ends of their noses and encourage the continuation of bigotry and stupidity. And that's my soapbox.

So, today, I think I will wander down to the NYPL for a bit of research and return here to continue the Frank Loesser project.

Bachmann is a loony toon in more ways than one. She ranks right up there with the other nutty race between Franken and Coleman.. Those two guys ran a very DIRTY and NEGATIVE campaign

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to all who need them.

td

• td
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~VIBES FOR THE DP OF DR MICHAEL~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~VIBES FOR THE DF OF DR JED~ ~ ~ ~ ~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »

P.S. - And now may Sarah Palin retire to the obscurity she so richly deserves and may we never hear her name uttered again in the lower 48.

I agree...

Jane

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »

Keith is play the computer game, FALLOUT 3, he purchased at Wallmart.  Their parking lot is filled with beautiful red & gold autumn trees.

Jane

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2008, 04:41:22 PM »

P.S. - And now may Sarah Palin retire to the obscurity she so richly deserves and may we never hear her name uttered again in the lower 48.
I agree...

I honestly believe McCain might have won if it weren't for his choice of running mate.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »

Crichton died?  How old was he?

It was just on the news. He was 66, and it was cancer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/michael-crichton-dies-une_n_141457.html

I had heard that a bit earlier that he had died. He was not that old

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2008, 04:45:56 PM »

Laura's tip for the day:

Be sure to click on "save" frequently.

Sigh.

Tip well taken!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »

I agree...

I honestly believe McCain might have won if it weren't for his choice of running mate.

I have a gut feeling that Palin was not his first choice and taht other key female Republicans turned down the chance at the ticket. They turned it down becuase of the Bush legacy and the challenges they faced in their own districts.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »

I wonder if DR SWW knows about this?

I found the first helping overrated.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »

I agree...

She's the reason I voted for him.  Palin in 2012!

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »

Yeah! Every bad thing that happens in the next 4 years is the democrats fault. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up